Reviews for Hierarchy
Nostalgiosis chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Ah, poor Lizzie. Still, I can't believe you nailed the characterization so perfectly, in such a way that I wasn't turned off by the characters themselves. Admittedly, I'm not really a big fan of Lizzie, like many other SebCiel fans, but you made her entirely bearable in this story. I can't help but feel bad for her. The realization must hurt.

I actually didn't understand this until /at least/ after my fifth time re-reading it, but now I remember the rule in chess about the pawn and the queen. Very clever. Nicely done. :]
want your rad bromance chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Wow. Elizabeth is a hard character to get right, especially since so many people punt her off the face of the universe for badly written Sebastian/Ciel. Tragic; I hope this never happens, but you never know...
nopenopnope chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
You make Lizzie so much more enjoyable than she is in the series...really...

And I love, once again, the chess analogy (and yay for the idea of the pawn/queen replacement...I can't see to piece things together like that...)
Doctor Faustus chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
The chess geek in me is unspeakably happy that you wrote this fic. I've been dying to read a story that combined the ingenuity of chess with the darkness of Kuroshitsuji and you did it so splendidly. Although I don't really understand Lizzy's unhappiness...doesn't she know that it's not just the queen, but any other piece which can be replaced by the pawn? o_O
ShabalbaIggy chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
What does it mean, the Queen can be replaced by any pawn?
Tyan chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Ouch. Poor Lizzie. It's not easy going up against a demon x)

(And gosh, I feel so silly faving almost everything you write for Kuroshitsuji, but you write so -well-. I can't help it.)
xxfirebubblesxx chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
i never realized that "the Queen can be replaced by any meager Pawn." mainly because i suck at chess...

i really loved the descriptions of Sebastian, especially this one: "And in doing this, the whole dynamic of his beautiful face changes: his eyes harden, melt, and congeal once again; for a moment, they look less like garnets, and more like lakes of blood."

he sounds so pretty, in a demonic kind of way... haha
Just A Realistic Dreamer chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Ah, poor Lizzie.

She really is useless.

... I had completely forgotten about that rule, I haven't played chess in a long time. XD

Anyway, great fic!
Nickel Xenon chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Oh, even though Ciel wasn't in this, I really liked it! Take that Lizzie!
24 | « Prev Page 1 2