Reviews for Deserted Challenges
Guest chapter 12 . 8/22/2014
Not a happy ending! I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am upset. Good fic, super angsty.
stacks.of.books chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
I read this story years ago. Its never left my mind. I just found it here. Years later after hundreds of fanfics and books your writing still moves me in an indescribable way. Thank you for writing this. It one one the most powerful pieces I've ever come across.
Dirtydirtyfag chapter 12 . 11/12/2012
I dont know how i can make you understand how much i hate you for writing this. Such elegant beauty, well rounded characters, the trauma and devastation vivid and haunting in my mind.

Sam and Brooke are the fantasy couple that never truly became. I have seen what they could be from the writers on this site. But nobody has quite captured Sam like you have, not the teenage Sam from the series but the adult Sam she would have been. That portrayal was magnificent. Your story was magnificent.

I am afraid to breathe because i don't know if i can stop myself from sobbing. I understand why she had to die, but i cannot forgive you anyway. I can't erase the memory of such beauty, such young and precious love being torn apart and discarded.

I feel a bit like Sam and Brooke in front of the mass grave, i will not wipe away my tears. They are the only respect i can give to such an amazing piece of fiction.

No matter how much i am devastated by this, i wish you would re-write it. Not to have a happy ending, but re-write it as your own, as fiction not as fan fiction. People need this story, it was worth Sam's life in the end.
gauzepaws chapter 12 . 11/15/2011
You made me cry AGAIN why did I not realise how this would was stunning
FraglleFizzgig chapter 12 . 7/24/2011
It's weird to say that a piece of writing about a war so gruesome,is beautiful. But still, your writing touched me. It's the second time I've read it and it stills brings tears to my eyes.

You've managed to make everything real. Which makes me wonder: were you an aid-worker yourself in this or some other place. I find it hard to imagine people writing things like these so real and touching without having felt or lived it their self.

Anyway, impeccable work. A masterpiece, one of my favorite stories.
H.A.Lestrange chapter 12 . 5/29/2011
Heartbreakingly beautiful. One the best fanfics I have ever read. I came across this 2 years ago, just re-read it.. and it still made me cry.. Excellent work.
enigmaticthoughts chapter 12 . 3/18/2011
I know that I'm super late to the party but I had to leave a review. Definitely the last thing I was looking for in the Popular fandom but I'm glad I found it. The writing was amazing and OMG the storyline. I absolutely loved the Sam/Brooke interaction. Not happy that Sam died but reading the chapter before the epilogue I knew one of them wouldn't make it. Although I'm not happy it's a reality and we can save the fluff for another fic b/c this is AMAZING. Best Popular fanfic I've ever read. Kudos to you, job well done.
katskat75 chapter 12 . 3/7/2011
You got to be fu... kidding me. How could you kill Sam? This is so not fanfic!

Read it in one piece - my stomack hurts, and now "you" go and kill Sam, what's the point in that! I bet it's realistic, but can't you make an alternate ending? Just a little one, like in "Loving Anabelle"?
JasonGroff chapter 12 . 7/25/2010
Reread this fic a while ago and neglected to review. Shame on me. This fic is beautiful even knowing how it will end. Even if Sam/Brooke isn't normally your thing I would recommend this one as the storyline even without our two fav Popular girls is really powerful. Make sure you have a box of tissues and maybe some cocoa to cheer you up after. Oh and your credit card and the link to your fav credible nonprofit to help with the surivor's guilt.
chawkchic chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
Ah, you made me cry. I was so hopeful despite the utter loss and devastation to end like this. Excellent writing!
Butterfly81 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
You've written an amazing story. And the characters are just so... i dont know. But I really grew attached to all of them.

Yuri, Hugh, Charlie.

There's just something in your writing that makes the reader feel like a part of it. I know i did.

And all of the tragedy that happens around them...around us really, cuz this is all facts. This is happening. And unfortunately some people choose to look the other ignoring the difficulties in life.

Some Oblivious.

And wow the ending...geez..u killed me there, Seriously.

I read your story a couple of days ago...and it still hurts.

I cant get rid of that last chapter.

Thank you for putting this up.

Oh could you please write some more sam/brooke stories?

Ps. I wont forget this story.
cale.lucas chapter 12 . 11/7/2009
Just read the whole thing in one sitting...that could mean one of two things. Either I have no life or that this story is just that good. The ending was beautifuly done. This is by far my favorite Popular fics.
Baccan chapter 11 . 9/18/2009
When Sam gave Brooke her article to read.. you just knew..

Again, this story is beautiful (even though I would have liked for her to live, the bittersweetness of the ending was beautiful all in its own).
Baccan chapter 12 . 9/18/2009
This story is well written, realistic, original and eye -opening. And I truly fell in love with the characters.

That last chapter made my heart ache...
Baccan chapter 10 . 9/18/2009
"Any of you decide to open a hospital, I'm not going there." - great! X}

This chapter was amazing!