Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: The Secret War
You jerk
vic.zam9 chapter 25 . 3/24/2014
I enjoy this story. I find it unfortunate that you chose to abandon it, but I understand.

I hope one day perhaps you might finish it, but it's ok if you don't. I enjoy all your stories.
xX-The-Hunter-of-Shadows-Xx chapter 25 . 4/9/2013
i would like to imform you, that, even if you think this was one of your worse stories, i would like to disagree. I have thouroughly enjoyed this story of yours, and, now that you have taken an entire year and more off, i was wondering if you would consider trying to complete this story, as i have found it the best fanfiction I have read to date. even if you do not finish it, i would like you to know that the only things i have discovered wron or even unpleasant about this fan fiction is a few word choice issues, but, me being a grammar nazi and all, that is to be expected. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Anon chapter 11 . 10/8/2012
I am stopping myself from reading anymore... giving two Triforce pieces to girls... and the Courage piece to a non-Link related being... I mean, that is just begging for the Heros' lineage to be wiped out. So, goodbye.
Makaidos chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Hey, Davin,

This is my first review, and your stories are great enough to deserve it. I've been a fan of the series for at least 5 years, and i loved twilight princess. My only complaint is that you should be a little more consistent with your updates. You're a great writer, and i wouldn't be surprised if some of your stories got published.

Like i said, this is my first review, so forgive me if I'm breaking some unwritten rule of fanfiction in here somewhere. I've read this story over twice waiting for you to update, and repeatedly beaten Twilight Princess imagining the story the way you told it. Hurry up, man.

Makaidos
hairyhen chapter 25 . 9/20/2011
I enjoyed this chapter a great deal, most particularly because it allows the characters to shine.

Zelda's cold arrogance and inability to recognise her own failings or heed the advice of others is shown very clearly, and promises a great deal of interesting conflict to come later. It is perhaps rather astonishing that for someone who possessed the Triforce of Wisdom she remains remarkably ignorant about the truth of so many things, including her own state of mind. I suppose it shows that the power of the gods is not something that ought to be relied upon too heavily, for it can only work with what is already present in the wielder. I'm not sure whether Midna is right about her still being under the influence of evil or not, but I do feel that this character arc would be stronger for it being an untruth; if Zelda's colossal foolishness were solely the result of her own choices and willful misperceptions, and the dark magic involved simply played a small role in bringing it to the surface rather than actually changing her nature in any significant way.

Regardless, she hasn't been showing much in the way of wisdom lately, and I'm quite interested to see how long Midna will actually keep the Triforce from her and what will come of that decision. Personally, I don't think she should have it back until she has been made to see the error of her ways, because until that happens she won't be receptive to any insight it could provide, nor will she be 'worthy' to bear it until that time. (And of course, would be all the more vulnerable to Ganondorf's manipulation from the Triforce of Shadow.) We should really be feeling bad for her because of Horys' death, but somehow she's managing to make it very difficult. Speaking of Midna herself, I liked how she remained distinctly unimpressed by Zelda's threats. If she believes Midna to be weak or susceptible to any kind of coercion, then it's quite clear that our young empress really doesn't understand her at all.

The rest of this chapter really belongs to Daskin. Remember how I said before that I didn't think he'd 'earned' the right to be so disparaging the way Midna had? Well, this is absolutely the part where he earned it. Laughing down the Evil Evil of Evilness to his hood, reducing him to a state of near-speechlessness with his sheer audacity? That's his Crowning Moment of Awesomeness, right there. Also, the belated knowledge that he'd been making his voice thunderously echo that entire time made me burst out laughing for nearly a minute; I kid you not. ;) I had to re-read the scene with that in mind afterwards just to get my head around it. Excellent comic timing on your part for writing it that way. Now I have to wonder what his parents thought when they heard it! Our son, the wondrously insane fool . . .

Good stuff with Daskin and Lynaka, also. With their trip into the past not being shown, I hadn't quite believed in their relationship as strongly as I'd have liked before, but this went a long way towards making it work for me. Enjoyable jesting dialogue with real feeling behind it, as it should be.

Awesome job, and I'm eager to see what happens next!
ConGie chapter 25 . 9/19/2011
I think it was far too rushed in the beginning, but the ending felt about rigt; almost like you didn't really get into it until the end. I understand that sometimes writing a certain chapter is boring but you should really try to put more effort into the boring parts anyways, it just makes for a better story. I'm not flaming or anything, I'm no exception, I too get bored sometimes and just let it go. Thanks for the read, I look forward to your next update.

The Sage of Water,

ConGie
goldenrhino chapter 25 . 9/11/2011
Just read all 25 chapters in one sitting. The rest better match my expectations...:P
HoKaze chapter 25 . 9/10/2011
Lots of interesting stuff going on in the chapter, I have to wonder whether the greater threat is the enemy in front of them or the enemy within...Ganondorf and Zelda certainly count as two pretty big unknowns right now and the tension they create in the air is clearly thick enough to cut through with a knife.

I loved Daskin's parts in this, I'm not too surprised by his usage of the Triforce of Power or that he'd mock the Dark God. The fact that he seems to hit two truths on the head: that Setarekh isn't quite as powerful as the deity is used to/believes and, of course, Daskin's own insanity, clearly XD

As always, I look forward to the next chapter
TheCuriousReader chapter 25 . 9/10/2011
Nice, another update! This is definitely an awesome story. I don't know what to criticize. :) Well, okay ... the last part may have been just a little strange. For instance why would Setarekh ask Daskin about Ganondorf's whereabouts? Surely the Dark God has enough power left within him to sense Ganondorf? Besides Ganon has the Triforce of Shadow forged by the Dark God, wherefore it should be easy for Setarekh to sense him. Unless of course Ganondorf uses some kind of cloaking-magic powerful enough to block out even the Dark God.

The interaction between Daskin and Setarekh was amusing. :) Although I didn't expect that someone, who has terrorized the Celestial Realm as well as the Mortal Realms for *millenia* has a rather simple personality of an obnoxious spoilt arrogant brat. :) What I'm trying to say is that right now I'm more afraid of Ganondorf and his schemes than Setarekh, who seemed almost "childish" in this scene. Or maybe he simply got used to his almost infinite powers so much that he still doesn't fully comprehend the implications of his new situation and cannot properly adjust to it. Similar to a "Jet Lag". Well, whatever. :)

What I don't like about this situation is not only Ganondorf having the means to control the Three Bearers but also that one of these Bearers is Midna. Because Midna is the only one with enough power and experience in magic to stop Ganondorf if he uses Shadow again. After all she has the Fused Shadows. But right now Ganon has power over her because she has Wisdom. But that means that he also may have indirect control of the Fused Shadows through Midna's Wisdom. So basically this gives him the following abilities: The True Force The Triforce of Shadow Midna's abilities Fused Shadows his own abilities ( Daskin's abilities ). Hmm ... this is bad. :-) In a sense Midna is probably one of the two most powerful beings in the Mortal Realms right now, because she has the Shadows and Wisdom but Ganon could become the new Dark God if he choose to use Triforce of Shadow. All he has to do is to manipulate Zelda in order to keep her in her insane state for as long as possible so that Midna cannot give her back Wisdom. Then after Setarekh's demise ... well :) . If Midna thought it through, she would realize that it's better to give up Wisdom and give it to someone else for safe-keeping like Impa for example.

By the way ... I was bored and thus spent a little time to think about what "musical themes" would be fitting for the main characters in your story. What do you think? :-) [ the numbers show you the order in which you should listen to certain themes. Please tell me if a link is broken. ]

less serious version:

Princess Zelda's themes:

(1) watch?vNZYzuPikFKI

(2) watch?vplUhR6sAfa0
dragoness of storm chapter 24 . 8/26/2011
Wow, that is all I've got to say. You sir are truely a natural story teller. I shut off my music because it distracted me from truely visualizing what you had written, and that to me is the mark of a really good writer.

I also love the small bits of humor you throw in every now and then. I like action/adventure, but I love it when those authors throw in a good amount of humor to balance out all the seriousness. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Acronymous chapter 24 . 8/15/2011
That was a cracking couple of chapters.

The war is getting exciting and Zelda is darker and more baddass then her mother at any rate.

Well she is shaping up to be.

How they will face the Dark God, what form he will take. This is par for the course with your writing efforts

AJ
ConGie chapter 24 . 8/13/2011
This is the chapter I've been waiting for, the one where the good guys would gain a huge advantage in this war. I think you have hidden something about Ganondorf for a long time, and now have quite a secret getting ready to unfold, no? Hopefully you don't keep me guessing for too long, I'm not the most patient person in the world.

The Sage of Water,

ConGie
hairyhen chapter 24 . 8/11/2011
Glad I could help out. ;) I particularly like the description of Setarekh murdering his followers to escape, as his ruthless disregard for their lives and their shock at his betrayal come across with chilling clarity. Feran's death is great too: the added detail gives a sense of how awful it was for him to be killed that way.

I'm worried about the younger Zelda. They need her on their quest, but she doesn't seem to be in the right state of mind to be a team-player. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'd trust Ganon over her at this point, but she definitely has some things to work out in her own head before she can be considered trustworthy. The fact that even Midna was worried about her going too dark really shows what a problem it is. I'm interested to see how this plays out and how it could affect relations between Calatia and Hyrule in the future, as the nature of their alliance has alarmed me from the beginning.

As ever, Ganon continues to be an enigma, and what he'll ultimately end of doing remains a mystery I eagerly look forward to finding out. Keep it up, because you're doing an awesome job. :)
Andre Molina chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This is very good. I'm impressed.