Reviews for Slaying Dragons
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
How sad for Remus. He hurts without meaning to, and always regrets it. And yet, the thestral is still injured. At least this young he's still sorry for it. Too bad that his dear friends will teach him not to mind, as long as his victim is someone they all hate.
Anachronistic Anglophile chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Oh, this is so sad. I have never seen Lupin except as the soft-spoken young man that we see in the books; looking at him so young, with his accent, with his naive and optimistic attitude-oh, it is just so sad.

Lovely story.
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
This was so touching-I loved Remus's characterization, particularly his childish innocence and beliefs that he could have gone home on the train or could one day learn to control himself as the wolf. Lovely work!
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Excellent writting! It was believable and very sad!

I love your Remus (however his accent is a bit disturbing..I can't remember if the canon Remus talked like that...). I saw the dreams and hopes of the young child and my heart broke for him. He was a very loveable little man, you captured though his seriousnes very good!

And I loved Minerva...always the rational one, the serious one...but you always give her a human side too!

Poor little Remus! :( But a good story! I hope to see more of your Lupin.
Gynji chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
I loved that at the end of this I really felt that I was there listening to him and knowing that he's not going to be able to control it and Minerva trying to get him to understand but not forcing him too much to lost that hope just yet.

Gynji
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Oh, this is beautiful. I love the portrayal of Remu child, wanting so much to believe he could conquer his demon, and not realising yet that it was impossible. And McGonagall was just perfect too. Great story.