Reviews for Scarred
Scooterstripes chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Me again! Sorry for not logging in, but my computers retarded.
This is a really good fic! I love your complete and utter disregard for all of the stupid stereotypes that people assoisiate with cutters. Finally, a realy fic!
And scars fade depending on who it is. None of my scars ever fade, whether they're from cutting, surgeries or random stuff that I don't remember. People say I'm white, but really, I more of a mixed up red colour, because of all the scars. : P
Some people, however, cut one week, and the scars are gone the next.
But seriously, who cares if they fade or not? What's on your skin isn't scars. You can have as many on the outside and be fine underneath. And vice versea.
Love from Scooter.
PS: I read your profile, and 'Hello, my name is Nyxie!' in the Papua New Guinean
version of Tok Pisin (English people say Neo Melanesian) is "Gude, nem bilong mi Nyxie! However, we don't have a x. So maybe change to c? or cs? Or anything that sounds like x, really! Bye!
Sammie chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Awww, this brought tears to my eyes :3
ScarredNotBroken chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
They do fade with time. Like you, I know from experience)
Synchro lover chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
W.W.Allerdyce chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Hmm... I think they do. My scars are fading already, and some of them I only made in November. *pouts* it's annoying when they don't last.

You know, I have never read anything that describes it so well. At least for me anyway. Although it doesn't hurt for me. Or maybe it does. I don't know. I ignore it.

Nevertheless, an excellent piece of work. Much like your others. *_*
jaguar003 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Beautiful.

But aside from the story being good, I love the way you brought out the emotions behind Alex Rider and went against stereotypes in your disclaimer. Being a cutter, I understand, and I thank you for the disclaimer. People like us don't always fit the emo goth stereotype.

Frankly my scars don't really fade? The less deep ones, ie the first few did fade, but if you peer hard you can see them. The deeper ones haven't faded. Some of my deep ones became vague shadows that are almost unnoticeable with the help of Mederma cream that I bummed off a friend, but the others are still noticeable.

And although they're small, they're noticeable because they're clumped together, and since I have the habit of peeling off the scab, the scars are noticeable. Fading is just another way for it to be hidden, but if it doesn't fade - to me, it's a reminder of the easy way out.
MorphineSunshine chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
well I must say I like how you painted this story. Bit depressing but I guess that life's for ya.

As for the scars, speaking from experience, the lighter cuts fade away after a while, but anything deeper remains. And it doesn't really matter to me. I know my weaknesses, and its a release :/ but internal wounds take time to heal...sooo...

I like how you didn't make the whole cutting thing a overly extravagant ritual like thing.

Can't wait till your next fic~
TheRandomOneStaringAtYou chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
hey can i just say this story is beautiful... sad but wonderful. it really was quite thought provoking, which doesn't happen often. as for scars, i wouldnt know about knives, having not gone there myself, but i have scratched myself to pieces on more than one occasion... surprisingly it does cause quite a bit of damage... but they are just kind of discoloured areas of my skin now. but as for internal scars, well... they never fade. but i hope yours get less noticeable one day. once again, thanks for the amazing story! :) xx
jamgurl112 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Don't mean to be insensitive cause I now how depression feels, and oddly it's exactly the same as what you described, but...is this ironic or what there was a wound-be-gone ad right above your story "Accelerates wound healing, minimizes scar formation," that's what it said. Freaky huh? . . . Well not really, that actually happens a lot. ;P
KuroAi15 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
my god. Finally somebody out there gets the details right.

It doesn't matter if they fade or not. The feelings are still there. That's why some people like scarification better than tattoos- because they tend to fade. But either way, it's still a story.

Can't wait for your next fic~
MadCatta chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I like your Authors Notes... You don't ask straight out for reviews, yet still imply you want them...

And the depression in this.. it's a lot more real than a lot of things you read, to me it's obvious you know a lot about this sort of thing, which I like xD
LovelySnakes chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
i forgot to tell you that i like this one...
I'm-not-here-HONEST chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Maybe the scars do fade but all I know is that mine haven't. *sigh* Its obvious to ME you know what your talking about but then I'm still trying to fight doing it. The fics really good, it feels genuine. Bit depressing but then thats life.
Kay Celestine chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
After a [long] time, they fade.

I'm not saying anything else because I don't know anything about it. All I know is that it eventually does fade and cutters are not emo-esque people.

As for the actual story itself, it was wonderful.

The story was the truth, and not some hear say fabrication.

And it fit perfectly with Alex.

-Kay
Jusmine chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
I'm going to pretend that I didn't forget to review this before, okay? Okay.

That was beautiful and dark and /real/. I've never cut myself, so I don't know if that kind of cut fades. (I do have a toothmark on my forehead from when I was three or something...) Physically it might, I suppose, but I suspect that your psyche is always, well, if not scarred from the experience, at least imprinted. *shrug* Whatever, you'd know more about it than me.

And, because I love stalking stories' reviews, I have to say, looking at the review from "Isabella Rosemary Twan"... And you say /I'm/ sheltered? *shakes head*