Reviews for An Evening at the Theater
Miss Darling Julie chapter 1 . 2/7
I loved this!
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 4 . 1/16
Wonderful ending!
I figured the chapter title would have something to do with the play.
Love how it only went as far as it did; a proposal would've probably been a little too sudden here and Georg asking if they could spend more time together, a kiss and Maria calling him by his first name was all that was needed.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 3 . 1/16
WOW!
Love how Maria notices the theater's similarities to a cathedral when she enters, and the thought about making playclothes out of the tapestries was brilliant.
Love Georg asking her to trust him when he explained the play was about war, and how those two simple words meant so, so much more.
Just like him translating Henry's speech in her ear. And by the end she 'had never felt more alive' - SWOON
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 2 . 1/16
Love the repetition of the final line.
Maria thinking the night is undeniably romantic is wonderful, and I loved how she was so caught up in her thoughts that she started talking about the weather; and how that led to more thoughts so that she didn't even realise they'd arrived at the theater.
The part about her loving the rain and dancing in it was great.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 1 . 1/16
Nice beginning.
Love how Liesl's excitement over her evening is wearing Maria's patience, and yet by the end the tables had turned.
Really like how Liesl actually had to cancel, rather than not finding the right dress and bailing because of that. And that they were going to see the play because it's something she's currently reading.
Maria's line about not having anything to wear, and knowing it's an excuse was great.
The Dark Knight's Revenge chapter 4 . 6/25/2016
THIS WAS AMAZING! Sound of Music fanfiction is SO hard to write, but you did it perfectly. Loved it!
The Dark One Rising chapter 4 . 3/20/2016
This was an adorable little snippet. I've noticed most of your stories have focused on the relationship of Maria and Georg. The movie play was more focused on the children and the family as a whole, though the romance did get its spotlight. While not exactly under developed, there could have been more to it. You like pondering some of the things about Maria and Georg that the movie and/or play never addresses. I do wonder if I'll ever see a more family-focused fic from you.
The Dark One Rising chapter 3 . 3/20/2016
We'll, whether or not Liesl did that on purpose, I think she'll be pleased with the outcome. Who knew a play could be so conductive to romance? It's Shakespeare, of course it is.
The Dark One Rising chapter 2 . 3/20/2016
Hmm...Georg is no longer going to marry Baroness Schraeder. I wonder if that had anything to do with Maria.
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 3/20/2016
I'm trying to figure out if Lisel did that on purpose. It's definitely possible. I would like to think that she would appreciate time with her father enough not to fork it over. Then again, if it was to bring Georg and Maria closer, she would probably be happy to.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/5/2015
Romantic and sexy. Hope you post more.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/20/2015
The idea for this story is very clever & intelligently written. I love it to bits. The Captain, what a guy, very romantic. Please keep writing, I enjoy reading your fan fictions, they are quite brilliant.
UnfollowTheSun chapter 4 . 11/21/2014
This is one of my favourite SOM fanfics. It plays up to the characters of Georg & Maria well. Love the moment the Captain whispers a translation for Maria although would love to have known what was said exactly. The only bit I'm not sure about was the use of the nickname Pet for Liesl, didn't sound right somehow. Only wish you'd write more, would love to read how the 2nd date etc. transpire.
utility - singer chapter 4 . 7/18/2013