Reviews for Commemoration
The Universal Hope chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
This is probably one of my favorite Friendship fanfictions of Sherlock and Watson, ever. :) I can totally see Watson being the type to have his heart break over a broken nib, and Sherlock have his heart break over that sentimental, but characteristically kindly nature :) just the hesitant sentimentality in the dialogue and the beautiful gesture on Holmes's part at the end, really makes the piece :) very, very sweet; wonderful work :)
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Good for you, Holmes.
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
*whimpers*... oh, that was so sweet! love how, tho he might not get the full extent of why, Holmes understands that lil "insignificant" nib is very important to his friend. understated yet extravagant in a way i think only Holmes could pull off. and Watson, ya gotta admit it actually works better this way :D it wouldve fallen to bits eventually anyway, but now its immortalized. great tribute. insta-fave!
gabrielsangel79 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
This is a beautiful glimpse at Holmes's and Watson's friendship.

I can completely sympathise with Watson, because I used to write a lot with a fountain pen before the rise of the computer and printer.

I still write personal letters with ink, it just feels better than writing with a ballpoint pen.
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
I could imagine that would be quite annoying, having someone guessing what you were writing. Funnily enough, I could see Holmes doing just that though :)

I liked this very much. We do get overly sentimental about seemingly insignificant things - on the one hand, Holmes is right, it is just a nib, no different to a hundred others, but it's the association that has made it special. Nice gesture of his at the end :)
Savethellamas chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Aw, what a nice thing for Holmes to do! Very sweet. .
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
AWw! I want a plaque like that- Holmes' Vernet genes coming out again I see. That really was nice of him.
shedoc chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
aw - likes the warm fuzzies
Be3 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Watson's keepsakes are no less interesting and memory-laden than Holmes's... a watch from his brother, a plaque from Holmes. You balanced the dialogue to the extent that it can with equal probability be a memory of the event, revisited at a later time(and no, I don't mean it is OOC; it just doesn't contain a single unnecessary word).
KCS chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Aww, poor Watson! I've broken things that had sentimental value before, and new ones never feel the same. I'm glad Holmes took the time to think it over and realise how upset Watson was before he just threw it away.

Very sweet - a lovely way to start the day. Thank you!