Reviews for A Lapse in Judgement
snapeophil chapter 11 . 1/20
Well, who was the attacker? Well see :-)
snapeophil chapter 9 . 1/20
Good chapter, I love how this story develops. Now your characterisations are more fluent, well done.
snapeophil chapter 8 . 1/20
Now that would have been a perfect set up first chapter for me ;-) I get what you meant about wanting it to be a one-shot and then developing the story afterwards. I guess it just wanted to be written...they tend to do this, dont they?
snapeophil chapter 6 . 1/20
I like the way they are talking to each other openly. Miss Cootes gets more edges and is fleshing out quite nicely (character-wise), Severus regains his maturity more and more which is good to witness. I still dont like DD, though :-)
snapeophil chapter 3 . 1/20
Ok, so he has found his bite again ;-) I like the explanations you offer, but still the pace is a little too quick for my taste. I personally, cannot identify with the characters so quickly. Nah, but thats just my opinion.
snapeophil chapter 2 . 1/20
Hmm, I am wondering what DD will decide. Miss Cootes starts to get her character development, thats good, however Snape remains too immature for my taste. Hope hell come around soon.
snapeophil chapter 1 . 1/20
So, here goes, promised to review after all :-)

I like the way you do not shy from being explicit in your descriptions of their sexual encounter. This certainly makes it more 'tangible' so to speak. The pace of the chapter is quite good, too. As a smutty fic, his being seduced so "easily" is fine. This is about seduction, not character development, after all (at this point, dont know where the story is headed later on).
However, as a reader of novel-lenghth HG/SS stories with loads of conflicts and detours and misunderstandings and such I cannot stop myself from saying that I think Severus Snape woudnt be so easily seduced. I need to know more about this Miss Coots to believe he would fall for her ;-)
ashleyb1114 chapter 2 . 1/19
Great chapter! I love that snape feels guilty and goes straight to Dumbledore. I also can see Dumbledore respond to this situation exactly in this manner. I love teacher and student relationships! I'm excited for more.
ashleyb1114 chapter 1 . 1/15
I will read as soon as I get off work today! Thank you for your feedback I will do the same
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 6/20/2015
I'm glad that Snape knows better than to trust Albus with the truth; the older wizard will always choose the Greater Good first. And given their previous interactions, his apparent belief in Albus being kind is probably good policy; after all, someone who is brutal the way Albus has been rarely likes being reminded of it. Snape is following the best policy.

Mr. Cootes must have offered a *lot* of resources to have another nasty Slytherin allowed in the Order besides Snape; and he is the only one to understand that Snape was a victim, too.

Claire is delightful, helps Severus to focus, and Joshie will be getting a letter when he's eleven, won't he?

I am so glad to meet two people in this chapter on Snape's side. God knows he needs them.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 3/8/2015
Oh, my. Severus can stand any kind of beating, but he breaks when he's given kindness-he's had it so little, he doesn't know how to deal with it.

I'm so glad he met Claire.
CR Kira chapter 16 . 2/2/2015
I've been reading this story over about a week and i loved it! very twisty and enthralling, although i'm a bit sad i wasn't around to provide encouraging word through out your struggle, I'm secretly happy i did not find it until completion, as the long waits between that your AN's suggest would have simply killed me and extinguished my interest. but by far an excellent read!
LoneTraveler chapter 16 . 12/21/2014
I'd really like to know. Did you intend to imply something of a symmetry between Dumbledore and Voldemort? When Voldemort did what he did to solve his problem with the girl, I think it helped Dumbledore's purpose for 'the greater good'. Was that an intentional implication?

Though the circumstances seemed too coincidental to me, I think some genuine sexual healing and some acceptance of his flaws was exactly what the doctor ordered for Severus. I'm on the fence about condoning it, God what if he were ever followed? But it speaks to his need that he's risking it.

And your characterization of the father amazed me. It was his courage.

Well done for writing a mature story that delved into the complexity of these people! This story is going to stick with me for a long, long time. I really hope you author your own original content, and your own canon work, I would definitely buy it!
HermioneeBlack chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
This is a brilliantly written story.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 8/17/2014
Oh, *now* Albus is concerned about Snape's condition. Took him long enough. It'd be nice if a healer, oh, say, Madam Pomfrey could do a better job of healing him than obviously happened so far.

And I suspect the Dumbledore is actually relieved that the girl has been disposed of, actually. No doubt the private journal that Snape is supposed to read is going to make sure he knows better than to look at any girl or woman ever again.