Reviews for Revenant
sublimesublime chapter 5 . 12/9/2013
Ok this. You are a genius. I've been reading until now and I have to take a break but geez! I feel like I'm reading straight off the script of R3. I'm looking forward to the rest, keep up the good work
Doctorjaws chapter 8 . 11/4/2013
I got a lot of "Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy" vibes off this thing. Especially at the end fight with Suzaku fighting a clone and the two women fighting the supernatural main villain. I was half-expecting Hideyoshi to get stabbed by Todou and die saying "But it was so artistically done."
Still this was an excellant what would happen next fic; you found a good way to use most of the ensemble cast (though I do wish we could have seen more of Todou) and make them all still engaging. I like that you managed to create tense action sequences without having to use Knightmares. And finally general theme of reconciliation in this story was conveyed without it becomeing to overly cloying or overly sentimental so kudos.
Doctorjaws chapter 6 . 11/1/2013
"Which one of us was really insane, I wonder?" she asked rhetorically.

You have to admit she has a bit of a point there. Love the plot twsit though. This is awesome.
ichiruzuka chapter 8 . 7/25/2013
This is a very great job for telling something after the Requiem. I've read a few, and I think yours is the best. You've managed to write a grand closure. I enjoyed every word you served me, and every cameo from other anime as well (I really laughed when reading Touma saying 'how unlucky'). This is something I really want, not just Lelouch as immortal stories which littered the fandom; A story that gives a closure.

The only thing I regret is just why it took me so long to find this story.
ryder77 chapter 8 . 6/11/2013
Of the post-R2 fics I've read in 2009 that didn't involve any pairings or Lelouch coming back to life, this is one worth going back to after a few years.
It took some searching (and a wild guess at the word count), but I'm glad I finally found it.
The story was well thought out, the mystery was very much intriguing. The absence of pairings was an excellent choice.
The only problem I'd say I had with it was that it's aimed more towards a male audience.
Great work!
Halm Vendrella chapter 8 . 10/3/2012
Excellent fic. I enjoyed all the little shout outs to history, other anime, and games. The final revelation is very characteristic of Lelouch, and the story works very well throughout because of that.
Lordban chapter 8 . 7/22/2012
Well, here was a nice find :) I'll admit the resolution didn't seem all that hard for our heroes after all, but then again maybe Marianne wasn't the cleverest person in Britannia, and certainly not on par with her son. Favourited, I know I'll read again sometime :)
SpaceKow chapter 8 . 6/24/2012
This story is brilliant! If the code geass producers made a movie of the aftermath of r2 this would surely be it. Great job you did with the story.
Heave-Ho chapter 8 . 2/7/2012
This... This may be pushing it but, dude, this was a true stroke of master piece! You managed to keep everyone in character and all the angst and the recovery after Zero Requim was accurate, to say at least. The suspense keep me going at it, man! This was... Was like a true pro at work and I salute ya at sharing this brain child of yours. Keep up the awesome work. Laterz.
Ranger24 chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
this was without a doubt a master work.
Ranger24 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
the base attack is remenicent of relocation red vs blue.

Or was it Reconstruction?

Shit.
Laniessa chapter 8 . 12/7/2011
Brilliant. Each chapter was written beautifully, each plot twist executed as well as the original anime, but even better - they're believable, and we can expect them, but we still cheer for them. I love the little speech at the end against Marianne, and it's truly a good ending for CG.

I'm going to recognize this as /the/ Code Geass ending in mind mind.
The Quiller chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
I - how - gak -

Wow. Even if it's been a long time since you wrote this, I still feel the need to thank you with an inordinately long review before I rush back to reread this all over again.

How have I not found this story before now? Where have you been hiding it? I feel like an idiot for wallowing through pages and pages of mediocre Code Geass fanfiction when a brilliant work like this was sitting around unread for years.

That being said, let me start off by giving you a slow standing ovation. I've given some pretty high praise to plenty of other Code Geass fanfics before, but you've still somehow managed to raise the bar. I'm not sure how exactly I should describe this story - it's somehow almost indistinguishably similar to the spirit of the Code Geass Series itself, but at the same time, it sloughs off the excess weight and manages to crystallize everything that we've come to love about the show into a delightfully compact, solid, well-written work of art.

Your characterization was spot on for all of the canon characters - in fact, I think you've added even greater depth and drama to them than the original series did. The few original characters needed for the plot are also expertly handled, fulfilling their roles exactly as needed and coming off as well-rounded, believable people. After all the canon character derailment and ridiculous OCs that have flooded the fandom lately, this was a much needed breath of fresh air. Besides just good writing for the characters individually, the way you've written them collectively also takes my breath away. All of the character interactions felt completely natural, without any feeling of being OOC or forced. None of the relationships or plot points felt contrived. The dialogue was witty, engaging, and a delight to read. The plot was airtight, and most stunningly of all, you didn't have to introduce any new elements or critical original characters to the story in order to pull it off. In just over 70,000 words, you've managed to tie up so many loose ends of the series and leave me with a feeling of closure that, in your words, really is a final masterstroke to Zero Requiem.

The next time I meet someone who scoffs at the end of R2 and calls it idealistic and an asspull, I will now direct them to your story. To be entirely honest, I was one of those people before reading this - hence my fondness for incredibly dark Code Geass post-series fanfiction. However, as I was reading the scene where Suzaku, Kallen and the others watched Lelouch's recording, it suddenly struck me that 'Wait a minute. Lelouch ALWAYS has contingencies. Since when has he left anything up to chance when he could manipulate the outcome?' Of course he planned for something like this. Of course! This is why your story was so wonderful and believable to me, because it points out some obvious truths about the characters that I (and many other fans, I'm sure) have consistently overlooked.

Of course, your other scenes are just as wonderful. I could practiaclly SEE every action scene happen in full color animation in my imagination. I felt my heart lurch when I listened to Suzaku plead for delaying the no-confidence vote as Zero, especially at the line 'You have disappointed me, Japan'. Talk about WHAM. I was totally teared up as I got suckered into Gino's apparent death scene, and then grinned as madly as he probably was as I read him getting away. I laughed out loud when C.C. explained Lelouch the Turtle's name to Kallen. I despised Marianne in the last chapters. I whooped for joy as Toudoh beheaded Hideyoshi. This story was filled with so many crowning moments of awesome and crowning moments of heartwarming that I don't even know when to begin. And the wonderful little cross-over cameos were the icing on the cake.

Hats off to you.

Thank you for painting what I now consider the best, most uplifting, most entertaining, and most true to the spirit of the original series sequel that I have ever had the pleasure to read.
AmitraDay chapter 8 . 9/14/2011
This was great. I'm really glad I read it, especially because it's a nice idea of a happier ending for the series. The original deleted scene of Lelouche surviving didn't really make things better for anyone. Everyone was in characters (Except maybe the female engineer, but that's just nitpicking) and it really felt like an episode of Code Geass!

Thank you for the great story!
AmitraDay chapter 7 . 9/14/2011
Okay, I had intended to review only once at the end of the story, but that was so awesome I can't resist laughing. Kamijou Touma? "How unlucky"? I wasn't expecting a 'To Aru Majutsu no Index' out of the blue like that! It was totally awesome though. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

But now, back to reading! I can't wait to see how it turns out. This is one of the best fanfictions I've read in a while. I'm getting really lucky with finding good fanfictions today!