Reviews for Hogwarts a ReWrite
L K
Plot HOLE ...
London Knight
One slight plot I've spotted : I'm pretty sure it's never mentioned where or when Harry gets his Nimbus 2000 ? He does brilliantly during his 1st Flying Lesson & then he's using it during his first Quidditch match ! As a said , just a small niggle & keep up the good work ! ;-)
London Knight
Very amusing & a good read . Some fanfics are heavy going , so I like it that you can tune into this one & 'relax' instead .
GineveraPotter chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
I've only gotten as far as the first chapter but I've got so many feels right now I can't even…ugh ️️️
LBII chapter 15 . 12/11/2015
Very god story! I like the introduction of Blackthorn and the new boy Creed. You kept most of the story line but made definite changes. Thank you for sharing your time, talents and imagination with us readers.
Gin110881 chapter 12 . 12/7/2015
I still don't know, what to think about Harry. His relationship for Ginny is very good. I really like her interactions. Harry still is a clueless boy, whereas Ginny already knows what she wants. However, sometimes Harry seems to be a gullible simpleton. Without Ginny's and partially Hermione's help he would fight a losing battle against Malfoy and would be a wannabe Death Eater very soon. Switch houses... silly, gullible boy. I hope Ginny's influence will help him to grow up a bit.
Gin110881 chapter 10 . 12/7/2015
I can not believe it. Hermione persuades Ginny and Harry to take the compatibility test. Stupid cow. I just started to like her.
Now Harry knows about the connection between Tom and the Chamber. Will it help him?
It's a very interesting chapter! Thank you.
Gin110881 chapter 9 . 12/7/2015
Politics has always been a corrupt business, no matter where in the world. You describe it very well. I'm curious to know where this Owen bloke fits between the mysteries Blackthorn, Sirius, and the refugee from Malfoy Manor...
Hmmm, the compatibility test. I don't like the idea very much. I hope the test doesn't interfere the very good relationship between Ginny and Harry, to disrupt the relationship by any guys or gals who try to interfere based on their test results.
Gin110881 chapter 7 . 12/5/2015
Wow, that's a really scary scene at Malfoy Manor. I wonder who this man is.
Hmmm, Molly. It certainly will be interesting how she'll behave when she'll find out that Ginny and Harry are closer friends.
Ron. I'd supposed that he will be a kind of a fan boy, but apparently he is more a kind of, lets say a little arsehole.
What's wrong with Harry? He seems to suffer from amnesia. Is it the scar or just disinterest (one of the bad characteristics you've mentioned in the summary). We will see.
The description of Pettigrew and Sirius seems to be completely out of canon. I'm not complaining, but I wonder about the effects on the events leading to the death of Harry's parents. I suspect that a few more surprises are waiting for us, lol.
Many thanks for another great update.
Gin110881 chapter 6 . 12/5/2015
That's a surprising turn of events. I wonder what Pettigrew is planning for Harry. Hopefully the time at Private Drive will not last too long.
The diary as a plan to get rid of Dumbledore. I've never seen it that way, but it makes sense. I'm really curious how Ginny's baby-brother will fit into the story...and what Ginny has done with the Jar.
Great chapter. Thank you!
Gin110881 chapter 5 . 12/4/2015
When Henderson was introduced as DADA teacher, I was wondering what has happened to Quirrell. You've made a quite nice, well done deviation from canon.
However the story of Sirius Black is the biggest surprise so far. Now I am curious what you have planned for us for the third year. (And I really hope that the author already knows a bit more than me, lol)
The Star Wars prank. I think a little Muggle involvement is OK. But maybe, it might have been a little bit more fun for witches and wizards to change Dumbledore to Merlin and change the Head of Houses to the corresponding Founder, lol. OK, OK, in this way, would have had no bikini Leya for Devon, lol. I really didn't want to complain, sorry.
We have a new (additional?) Prophecy? A new piece of the Jar-puzzle. Is Blackthorn really trustworthy? I hope that Ginny soon gets the opportunity to discuss it with Harry. And I really hope that she will discuss it with him and not conceal it from him.
Well, well, that's what I call a surprise, Peter Pettigrew.
Thanks for a great chapter. I hope that the summer with the Dursleys will not take too long.
Gin110881 chapter 4 . 12/4/2015
I'm really curious how you'll explain the effects of the Jar on the both of them.
Well, Devon seems to be more than a minor character. Apparently, he likes to talk a lot about himself. But I still don't know what to make of him, what role he is playing in the story. Maybe one day he will a match for Hermione? The replacement for Ginny's baby-brother Ron? (I like the term baby-brother used on Ron, lol) But we still have a few years of Hogwarts ahead of us. We will see.
If it makes sense, it's OK for me to have an occasional OC character. However, it's a bit annoying when the author introduces the names of all of his classmates or grandchildren, lol. But Devon is far more than OK so far.
Oh, oh, Hermione rummages through Ginny's things. That's not what real friends do! Ginny was supposed to bring this to Hermione's attention.
The Jar is still a mystery. Why was it hidden in the cave? Is it dark, or not?
Pomfrey. I've wondered about her behaviour when she met Harry for the first time. However, you've delivered an interesting explanation, when she was watching Ginny and Harry in the Hospital Wing.
I like your Ginny more and more. I am glad that she responded so well after the scene with Malfoy, and that she wanted to talk to Harry after giving the scene a second thought. However, I still have to get used to Harry. I like him, but his reactions are often somehow ... unpredictable. He seems to have difficulty concentrating.
Oh, the "we-are-sorry" tour lead us into the Forbidden Forest. That's a surprise.
And yes. Hermione and breaking the rules. It is somehow like having sex before marriage in fanfic, lol.
Is LeRoux a trail to the Weasleys, to Ginny in particular? We will see...
Many thanks for another great chapter. Next time I'll try to shorten my ramblings. Promised.
Paternas chapter 15 . 12/3/2015
I just read the entire story. Great work! Your story is very creative and keeps surprising me. I like how you show the influence Ginny has on Harry. The progress of their relationship also seems natural and well written. Unlike many stories which span the Hogwarts years you come up with new and original elements instead of canon rehash. Your villain Blackthorn is quite interesting. He seems the to be an "the ends justify the means" guy. Maybe he will genuinely reform the wizarding society to something better or he might just end up turning into a benevolent dictator.

It will also be quite interesting to see which sides will fight eachother in the coming war. Voldemort vs Blackthorn vs young Voldemort? Will Blackthorn take over the faction Albus Dumbledore led? I look forward to the next part of your story.
Gin110881 chapter 3 . 12/3/2015
The surprising excursion into the Forbidden Forest and the Jar are an interesting twist. I'm really eager to see where you're going to lead us. I'm still not sure what to think of Devon. What role will he play in the game? Perhaps he is indeed only the spare who occupies Ron's otherwise empty bed, lol. We will see...
Gin110881 chapter 2 . 12/3/2015
That was a great, fun-to-read chapter. Ich musste über die Zwischenspiel mit McGonagall lachen. It's nice to see how the characters develop. I really like your Ginny, and this is my main criterion for the assessment of a story. Hermione is really unique (flying for left-handers, lol). I'm curious how some of the other (probably) main characters, e.g. Dumbles, will develop
It seems that Harry has found his first mission for his first Hogwarts year.
Ah yes, Telepathy. I'm curious if it will really work for the both of them one day? We will see...