Reviews for Hogwarts a ReWrite Part 1
FreelanceBum chapter 9 . 11/7/2014
I personally hate Ron, so I don't mind him not being in the story much. Although is more annoying here, as he is also whiny and a bad winner.

The characters occasionally feel a bit off, age wise, but are mostly ok. I'm still not sure about Devon, but that is a good sign really. It means he isn't dangerously Gary Stu,, and the crush on McG is amusing. I've always wanted a story where Harry hurts himself due to a crush on Poppy and wants to see her.

As for Blackthorn, it feels like a Harry Potter style plot, and I really can't wait to see where you are going with it.

So in other words, great story, hope you don't take forever to update. I mean I understand, but I still want to read more. :D
FreelanceBum chapter 5 . 11/7/2014
"some very brutal pranks over the last few weeks. Most of which involved a part of his clothing catching fire."
That is more assault, less prank. I mean it is literally playing with fire.
FreelanceBum chapter 3 . 11/7/2014
Few things: Advance transfiguration via ingestion seems a bit far fetched for 13 year olds (twins). I mean they didn't do anything like that until fourth year, or rather their sixth year in the books.

Dean's comment seems unlikely for an 11 year old at the time.

I somehow doubt they would be dating at this point, as well.

I'm not too fond of OCs for no reason, but I'm withholding judgement for now on Devon.
FreelanceBum chapter 2 . 11/6/2014
Just fyi, amorously typically means love in the sexual sense.
timefreak chapter 9 . 8/19/2014
Hope you have some more complex characterization planned.

Also, plot twists please. Lots and lots. I killed a primary protagonist in my fic, and absolutely loved it. Wonder what that says about me...

Anyway, mix it up, make us wonder what's going to happen.

Good work, good luck, and update soon.
timefreak chapter 7 . 8/19/2014
I'm surprised that McGonagall saw the letter addressed to the cupboard under the stairs, saw how rude and intolerant the Dursleys were, how thin Harry was, and still did nothing.

Also, you might want to change your title. Looking at it, I instantly think "predictable canon rehash, following canon with slight differences, with only the HG coming sooner."

Which it's not turning out to be.
Guest chapter 9 . 8/17/2014
Wow! This is my first time reading your story and I really enjoyed it. I love that you have so much Harry and Ginny and the twist you put in there. I just loved how close the got so soon. It's really sweet and I love seeing what the two of them get up to when on their own or when with the twins.
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 9 . 8/16/2014
It's been interesting how you Tahoe a different path to reach the same destination as JK did. I'm very interested in finding out who is writing Harry anonymous letters (Lupin?) and who is in the last dungeon (Sirius?). Ron is a bit of a git, but I do like this older Ginny. Soldier on!
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 9 . 8/13/2014
Good depiction of the malfoys. I like that you are being realistic about them instead of having them be cartoonish villains. For whatever reason I really like he idea of two big bads instead of just one.

Some small critiques:

I have noticed your sentences don't always end with a period. It makes me unsure if you have completed your intent or not.

Your vs you're. In my accent the two words have a different pronunciation. Yor vs yu-rr. It is jarring to see the mistake.

Otherwise interesting story and keep up he good work!
Flaming Man of Iron chapter 7 . 8/13/2014
Good job with book one! I like how you have added a new distant legend to he story and have remade it. One thing that I recall on grade 6 was that boys and girls were just starting to notice each other; not much romance happened. The other point being that he depth of friendships is different at that age.
triggbc chapter 9 . 8/13/2014
Great chapter. Especially for the man in the Malfoy's dungeon. Is he Sirius? Who sent that note to Harry? I'm looking forward to next chapter.
PSay chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
This is a good beginning. I like the changes you have made. Ginny being in Harry's year instead of Ron is great. It is too bad that Harry hasn't felt a little more friendly to Hermione but she does come off as a know-it-all. That is hard because she really wants friends too. I look forward to more of this story. pms
triggbc chapter 3 . 8/13/2014
Great chapter. The prank part is absolutely brilliant.
Pisces heiress Black chapter 6 . 8/12/2014
Your HermIone is annoying, but very cannon
Pisces heiress Black chapter 3 . 8/12/2014
Part of me feels bad for Hermione, but part of me doesn't. Dean here and canon Ron weren't wrong for what they said, they were wrong for how they said it.