Reviews for Staring into the blue
nascar-girl chapter 19 . 11/24/2010
I just found this. Couldn't sleep so I went browsing thru ff. Omg this was wonderful. Happy ending made me tear up. Gah, that Paul, trying to suck up to Steph. What JERK. This was really good.
DCFanatic4life chapter 8 . 3/20/2010
Finally some true Smoochy action! ;) This was a great chapter and probably my favorite thus far, for obvious reasons. But first things first. I can't believe Chris thought he was going to slay a pig with just that little stick of his. If this is like a wild boar, those things are incredibly fierce and scary so I don't blame Stephanie for being apprehensive around it. I think Chris does think he's Mr. Wilderness, typical guy stuff, always thinking they know everything when they don't. And then him saying all the things they could have, bacon, ham, and Stephanie pointing out that he's not a butcher, that was perfect because her observations are so true. While reading the first part, where she was touching his back, I kept thinking to myself that she's probably just touching his back so she could feel his back, even if she's just doing it unconsciously. Then I got to the part where she said she *was* touching his back just to be touching his back and I was like, "Yup, that's Stephanie." She's so aware of her feelings that I kind of think she's been ignoring Chris's signals. Like, I think she sees them and knows them to some extent, but I don't think she knows the depth of them. Like, I don't know, I get the feeling that the shelter and the hunting and the attempts at fishing, while all practical things, of course, also are meant to impress her. Like with the shelter and he mentions building it for her and how nobody else would do that for her. While he says that jokingly, I think there's a whole buttload of truth in that statement. I think he truly believes that nobody else would go to those lengths, even if it's not true and someone would, he wants to believe he's the only one that would because he really believes he's the only one good enough for her.

Then we get to the second part of the chapter, which, awesome, that's all, just awesome. You could already tell Chris's intentions when he grabbed her, but there's always something so lovable and endearing when a guy says they want to kiss you or says they are going to kiss you. I loved that he did that and then when it just started off so simple and you progressed it, I loved how you wrote that. It was tender, yet you had Stephanie's thoughts and reactions to set it off so it didn't become too romantic or too hot. You kept us grounded to the situation, that this was unexpected and spontaneous. I liked that about it, you kept us very in the situation and didn't like, suddenly make it all flowery and prose-like and just like, unrealistic. She had these inner thoughts and they weren't necessarily all roses and doves. Then she did come to her senses and then you're like, no, more kissing, more, more, but you just know that it can't be right now because she is technically still married so she has so much to sort through and I can't wait to see how you do that, so I will go ahead and see if I can squeeze in another chapter. Great job! :D
DCFanatic4life chapter 7 . 3/18/2010
Okay, another great chapter down. I really like this story, don't know why you aren't fond of it because I really like it. There was a lot to digest in this chapter, but I like my chapters like that. Poor Stephanie, she's trying so hard to get that dream out of her mind, but there's just no way. Not only is it Chris Jericho she's having a dream about and come on, Chris dreams are great, but he's right there all the time and there's no real respite because they're the only two people there so unless she wants to live in total isolation, he's going to be there. I liked the line about pushing it until it was a blur in the back of her mind, which actually lasted like five seconds. There's just no way that she's going to get that out of her mind when he's right there. And then the shelter with no room, I can see where this is heading and I can't wait to see how they squeeze into their tiny shelter because they're eventually going to have to and I know you'll do it in a great way.

I think the strength of the chapter was in the second half where they were talking with one another. I really enjoy your dialogue and it's believable and I like that about you. Plus, you got in a Man vs. Wild reference, which is just perfect for this story considering what he does on his show. I also like the way you're working Chris's character. As the reader, we don't know what his thinking or feelings are because we're in Stephanie's mind, not his, but you have to wonder, are his comments intentionally flirty or just comments that he happens to make. There are just so many lines where he appears clueless, but you have to wonder, is he? Does he not sense any kind of change in Stephanie? Because then he has a line where he says that he wishes she would laugh more and that line is so tender and honest, it's like, he does know what she's thinking and he's hoping to get her out of her shell, but then he asks for the aloe on his back and he appears to just want that with no other implications, but then you go right back to the end where he says it's not fair that he didn't get to put some on her. It makes Chris this really intriguing and mysterious character because we don't know how much he knows so we're left to conjecture on everything he says. It's leaving me really interested on seeing what Chris feels. I think he likes Stephanie and wishes she'd like him, but it oblivious to her inner conflict.

Anyways, another great chapter and I enjoyed it very much and I will read some more tomorrow, I'm slowly, slowly getting there. :)
DCFanatic4life chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
Sorry for the drive-by review, but I just wanted to let you know I'm definitely back to reading this story. This chapter started off really hot, too bad it wasn't real, I'm sure Stephanie is feeling bad that it isn't real either. I also love that it took her a second to realize that their position after waking up was probably eliciting such a reaction from her. Like at first, she was bummed that they weren't naked and together in that way she was dreaming about, then only after she laments that they're fully clothed does she realize that this is probably something that she shouldn't be doing with him at all. I just enjoyed that you had that moment where what she was upset about wasn't what she probably should've been upset about. ;)

Then she had to talk to Chris and he's looking at her and God, that just about flusters everyone and then he thinks she had a nightmare about the plane when the dream was about him and he's just sitting there looking at her and not even realizing that he's making her think of that dream. She was just so flustered by it all you kind of had to laugh because otherwise you would just feel such embarrassment for her. But it speaks volumes that she was dreaming such graphic dreams about Chris. I think this will start to become a regular occurrence for her and that it's going to throw her mind into a little bit of turmoil. She may think she's able to convince herself that this dream was an anomaly, but I think that the truth is going to start creeping up on her and then she won't be able to ignore it and something will give. I can't wait to find out what that something may be. :)
TakerTakeMe chapter 19 . 10/20/2009
I'm sad that this is the last chapter, but so happy that this has a happy ending! She finally told him and he's happy about it, he wants this baby with her! That makes me really happy because I kind of had my doubts about the whole pregnancy situation. Shane is the best big brother in the world, did I mention that? Seems like he set this whole thing up with Chris coming to see Stephanie in the first place.

Wonderful story, sorry it took me so long to read and review but you did a really good job with this. I can't remember if I added this to my faves or not but if I didn't, it's SO going on there right now!

TakerTakeMe chapter 18 . 10/19/2009
Why didn't she tell him? I would smack her for this but she's pregnant and it would be wrong to hit a pregnant woman. I was kind of worried that she and Chris would go their separate ways now that they're back but there's no chance of that now, now that she's going to have his child. And they confessed their love for each other! How awesome is that? I just worry that she may not tell him she's pregnant. That wouldn't be cool at all.

I don't know how I feel now. Like it seems like Paul wants her back and that's so creepy, like who would want that Neanderthal after being with Chris? Lol.

Great chapter!

TakerTakeMe chapter 17 . 10/19/2009
I'm glad that they finally made it home safely, but at the same time I kind of wanted their plane to crash all over again. I want them to be together by any means necessary, sue me! Lol. But now they're back and he's having a reunion with his family and Hunter's there waiting for her (even though they're going through a divorce, right?) and what's going to happen now? So scared!

Good chapter )

dodjet chapter 19 . 10/16/2009
Aw - I loved that. I hate that it ended but if it had to end, what a great way to do it. They're together and having a baby and in love. What more could I ask for ? ;-) And you even worked in Shane's resignation too. Awesome, AWESOME update/ending!
dehlia666 chapter 19 . 10/16/2009
What a great ending!

Thank you for making it a happy one!

Can't wait for updates on your other stories!
DarkZoul chapter 19 . 10/16/2009
The end? Why Nani? This was such an amazing story and I hate to see it ending... but since you made a perfect ending I'm goint to forgive you xD

I think Shane and Stephanie's moment was cute and I loved how you put what's going with Shane in this story, also loved this camaraderie between them.

So Paul wanted to take care of Chris' baby? Why... I don't get it, and I loved that Shane doesn't like Paul too much!

Then Chris... that part was great, I loved the emotion and how you made us see what Chris was feeling even through Stephanie's POV.

Thank God she told Chris about the baby and thank God he took it nicely... well, he was mad at first but I'll give it to him, he had right to be mad. I loved their conversation, those two are clearly made for each other and I'm happy that they are going to be together!

Amazing story and don't you there stop writing Smoochy, you are great at it
missbean1997 chapter 19 . 10/16/2009
NO its over it was a really good ending and a really good story but do you think maybe...just maybe ...a sequel.
wrasslinlvr20 chapter 19 . 10/16/2009
Oh i am so sad to see this story end :''( But it was FANTASTIC! I still remember reading the first chapter of this story...*sigh* ok ok enough with the walk down memory lane lol! So she finally told him, and it was awesome! I mean it was just a beatiful moment between those two when she finally told him. I honestly thought he was gonna be so upset and just leave her O_O thank god he didnt...i also started to think it was Big Juma's...LOL! Totally kidding! I must say though, the brother and sister moment was ADORABLE! The way he supported her was so heart warming :) Way to mix a current event with ur story...AWESOME. THANKS for continuing this story as long as you could Nani :)I'm no writer and I know you would say that ur having trouble writing this story...but not once did i see it show through these chapters :D You're a fantastic writer Nani, don't ever stop writing Smoochy! D
HBKloverHBK chapter 19 . 10/16/2009
The end is so beautiful, I'm almost crying (sometimes I am too sensitive lol). What can I add ? You already know what I think about your story, you're a genius. I hope you'll write another Steph/Chris soon. I'll be as faithful as I was for that what. That one was simply amazing, the idea of the crash was the best storyline I have ever seen in a fanfiction.

Take care
SMH4Life chapter 18 . 10/13/2009
I just caught up with this story. AMAZING! I love all your writing, your so good! I noticed you JUST updated this, but I hope you update it again soon! I am really into this story. :D
wrasslinlvr20 chapter 18 . 10/12/2009
So first thing i wanna say is sorry for not leaving a review for chapter 17...u updated so fast...and i dont mind one bit! ;) Ok..secondly..OH MY GOSH! SHE'S PREGNANT! WITH HIS BABY! AH! I so love this story, it just gets better and better! I mean come on, now their finally back home, paul wants to fix things, she's having chris' baby, and they LOVE each other! What's a girl to do...! This is just so good! Cannot wait for another update :)