Reviews for Salvatore On Trial
Speaker-to-Customers chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
'Lloth' was simply a spelling mistake by Salvatore. It had always been 'Lolth', regardless of who was saying it, before he made that error. Eventually the editors spotted it and made him change it back to the correct spelling - Lolth.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
The biggest mistake I've seen is the fact that Drizzt was trained as a Ranger, but not only we never see him using Ranger spells, but he loses the ability to talk to animals he demonstrated in Sojourn.
Charmshadow chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
don't forget that in one book, jarlaxle has a ruby eyepatch that protects him from mental interlopers, but don't forget that everyone knows its a EMERALD eyepatch.
Omeganian chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
What right of accusal can be possessed by one who missed the enormous inconsistencies in the Do'Urdens' ages and parentage?
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
I think there are bigger issues in his books other than his spelling inconsistencies and his horrendous amount of typos. Like, his inconsistencies in plots and timelines. Although, I agree that he definitely needs a better editor.

One of my major issues with his writing is that he has all these loose-ends in his plots that he either completely forgets about, or is just too lazy to bother tying them up. I can't think of many off-hand, but one that comes to mind is Calihye, and why Kimmuriel bothered to drag her to the Underdark. Unless I blanked out and missed the explanation. There are doubtless more.

And some of the plots of his stories (examples being Spine of the World, and the last two books of the Sellsword series), I swear to God he just makes up on the spot. I also think he made up The Pirate King on the spot.

Anyways, I sentence him to be smacked upside the head with the blunt side of Entreri's dagger one hundred times and then to be forced to write the next instalment of the series with a clear and coherent plotline, without any typos or inconsistencies, or random WTF moments.

Other than that, I still love him for giving me an awesome series to obsess over.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
*sweatdrop* That's all you have to say? Name changes?

I mean, you've done the work of putting all the name changes out there, which does deserve some respect and credit. There's also a misspelling of Gromph in Starless Night, I think. ;p Which is hilarious. He spells it 'Gomph' in one paragraph, and before and after that has spelled 'Gromph'. It's always been kind of obvious, though, that his editor is asleep, doesn't care, or doesn't exist.

But what about his mortal crimes against stylistic conventions? He has an obsession with unneccesary alternatives to 'said', including 'howled', which is just plain atrocious (the beginning of SotS during the sparring scene)... and in one book, I'm thinking it's Sil;ent Blade, he actually WROTE the sound of crossbows in quotation marks. "Click, click, click" went the crossbows. To paraphrase.

Not to mention he spent his sweet time deciding on the gender of Guenhwyvar.

And his characters evolve and then devolve with no discernable pattern.

And he's just generally mean to us fans.
rufustehshinra chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
This was kind of vindicating to read, I have to admit. You've got some typos of your own to work out, but they were easily overlooked because the issues with all the inconsistency really pisses me the fuck off.
telminser chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
The typos, of which Salvatore is well known for, are, if anything, mark of a poor editor. However, something I personally am more at odds with, is Salvatore's act of ignorance towards the rest of the Drow pantheon, especially Eilistraee. Is it possible, that despite Drizzt's frequent visits to Waterdeep, Qilue has managed to avoid him? And let's not even begin on the inconsistensies between the Transitions and Lady Penitent.

Also, when compared with the actual D&D ruleset, Salvatore's wizards are massively underplayed.
PhantomBoo chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
LOL GUILTY!

I don't remember them all, but i sure do remember the name Lloth being changed XD!

so I proclaim him guilty for at least that one XD!