Reviews for Sparring
MixItUp chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Wow, that made it hard to breathe. Amazing fic.
Arsahi chapter 1 . 4/4/2002
That was soooo good! I wish I could write like that...
tequila Sunrise chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
I'm incredibly impressed by this fic. I love it. You SHOULD be proud. lol I'm proud of my baby, too. It will be up in a few days.
Moose2 chapter 1 . 1/26/2002
Great story! Loved the adjectives for Spike's eyes. I think you captured Buffy's thoughts beautifully.
Klytaimnestra chapter 1 . 1/13/2002
loved it - very frustrating (for Buffy and reader!)
Eolivet chapter 1 . 1/2/2002
I'm glad you're ridiculously proud of this because you should be. UST is way cool - and this was very well-done. Keep writing!
jodyorjen chapter 1 . 12/31/2001
Really great! Thanks for sharing :-)
Chaotic4Life chapter 1 . 12/30/2001
Excellent writing! Keep it up!

Are you going to add a Spike POV?
Cypherwulf chapter 1 . 12/29/2001
With so many b/s stories that end in sex or making out, this was a refreshing break from that. Well written and great mental dialogue from Buffy, great story overall.
Epiphany chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Neato Mosquito! And lemme tell ya something, that "flippy thing" is a hard move to learn! Took me nearly three years to do it right. Darn...where is my sparring gear? I'm in the mood for a rough and tumble. I wish my sparring partner could go for three hours straight! LOL! Very nicely done!
Trisha chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
That was great! It was really fun to read. You know Buffy SO well that I could practically hear the tone of her voice in your dialogues.

It would be really interesting to read the same scene from Spike's POV- I kept wondering what he was thinking!

Great work!
thought x crime chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
What a wonderful look into the sexually-repressed aftermath of the infamous Spike/Buffy romp! Portraying Buffy, fighting to surpress those pesky emotions of hers, brings a whole new element into the Buffy/Spike dynamic. Excellently characterized and great fun to read! I especially love Buffy's internal battle concerning the *true* color of Spike's cornflower blue/azure/cerulean/lapis lazuli/sapphire eyes. Nice touch.
Mrs. Witter chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
This is great! You got the emotions and the characters down pat. I loved how Buffy kept using adjectives to describe Spike's eyes. They are so very beautiful. That being said, it only follows that my fave line was: God how she hated him. Him and his stupid cornflower blue eyes.

Thanks for the great read!

Jamie
liz chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
that was really good! I likedit a lot! Keep writing!
Roq chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Wow! That was a great fic! Way to make me sit on the edge of my seat wonderin' if Buffy was going to give in or not... which is hard to do considering how much fic I read! :)

I also liked the differences in their behavior... how sage Spike was in comparison to how impulsive Buffy is. She might be the Hero of the show, but she's still so young! Especially compared to a 100 vamp. I think a lot of fiction writers don't delve into that and the characterization suffers for it.

Also, gives a plausible inner monologue of Buffy's current denial. Very cool.

Only thing I would suggest (I don't know how pet-peevy you are - but I know a lot of writers hate it when they have typos) - there were just a couple. No biggie at all.

Thanks for an enjoyable read!

-Roq.