Reviews for Failure to Thrive
chauny chapter 27 . 7/4/2012
I have thoroughly enjoyed your version of Edward and Bella! One of the sweetest Edwards out there. This story had me laughing out loud.

I am so happy you finished this story and look forward to anything else you decide to write. : )
Guest chapter 7 . 7/4/2012
awesome! thanks for the writting!
marium1980 chapter 27 . 7/3/2012
love it!
AH Darling chapter 27 . 7/3/2012
Loved this! Thanks for sharing with us!
NanStew chapter 22 . 7/1/2012
Thank you for the basting idea. I have fried, scrambled, poached, hard boiled and soft boiled an egg, never basted.
NanStew chapter 18 . 6/30/2012
Sunshine lollipops and rainbows
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together
Brighter than a lucky penny Everything that's wonderful is sure to come our way
'Cause sunshine's here to stay

These lyrics are from Lesley Gore's song from 1965. Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows.

Hope this helps if no one else knew. I graduated in 1967 so I knew the lyrics right away. And yes I'm a Rob and Twilight fan too. Just waiting for Bel Ami and Cosmopolis now. Then BD2.
Guest chapter 17 . 6/30/2012
I can’t tell you how refreshing it is that you have dispensed with the typical New Moonesque formula. You know the one. Edward decides that he is the only one capable of making decisions about the future of their relationship because Bella is too intrepid , or too naïve, to step back from the evil screw-up he has convinced himself he will always be. The”HEE” is always the product of an overwhelmingly grand gesture and relentless contrition. Miraculously, his epiphany negates the cruelty with which he attempted to eject her from his life.
When Edward realizes that he may, in fact, be in love with Bella, he doesn't freak and pick a 4 chapter fight during which he descends into a self-destructive pit of maladaptive coping mechanisms, self-deprecation, and denial.
Your Edward doesn’t dissolve into an emotionally crippled puddle of martyrdom. This Bella doesn’t allow her hang-up about their financial gap sabotage her relationship. I love that your ExB, for the most part, know how to get out of their own way.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/30/2012
George Bush
NanStew chapter 2 . 6/29/2012
Wow, heavy duty story here. I'm picturing Rob of course. What woman doesn't want to jump his bones! Can't wait to read this. Found it listed/Rec'd at TLS.
Guest chapter 27 . 6/29/2012
Fantastic story loved every moment of it - fantastic Edward & Bella.
callmepagliacci chapter 4 . 6/29/2012
How did he know to call it Operation: MBC if he didn't know her first name- let alone her nickname- until hours after he came up with the operation's name?
callmepagliacci chapter 9 . 6/29/2012
I KNOW! I hate it when teachers, you know, teach you things, despite not being your bestest buddy. It's not like you're paying for college to learn stuff! ;-)

Ahem. Snark aside, I'm contentedly re-reading this fic now that I've seen it's been updated. I'd been looking for it for ages, actually.

I once met a dean of a journalism school who preferred English majors to J-majors. He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "If they can wade through 'the Canterbury Tales' and find meaning, and form a cohesive argument, then I know they've got the chops to do the same with municipal records and the minutes of a City Hall meeting. That's what journalism IS. Learning all ABOUT Journalism [as in J-school] is the farthest from the real thing." You get the idea. He went on to say that if they can't have done Chaucer, then they AT LEAST have to have done Milton.
NanStew chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Found this at TLS today. I'll be reading.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/28/2012
Oh, good. Consistent first person POV. Much better. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
The narrative switches between first and third person throughout this chapter. Sometimes it says "Bella" did this and others it says "I" did this. Makes the reading a bit confusing. :(
2,420 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »