Reviews for Family Secrets
Jaz22 chapter 5 . 7/16/2009
My grin turned into a barely-stifled laugh as well - a perfect epilogue for a lovely story!
Jaz22 chapter 4 . 7/16/2009
You know, I had absolute faith you'd tie up all loose ends and expose all secrets - and of course you didn't disappoint. Everything all wrapped up with a little bow on top, and a new look at heroism - coming from many outlets - I guess our guys can't monopolize the title.

Once again I stand amazed at your ability to craft a story - as if you take a puzzle and make all the pieces fit perfectly. Thank you for this effort - it most definitely does not disappoint!
Jaz22 chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
Well, I love unexpected plot developments, and this chapter had more twists and turns than the roads I just traversed in West Virginia. Seems there are tendrils of mysteries everywhere - very nicely woven together!
Jaz22 chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
"Okay," he gave in gracefully. "But don't let me sleep through any meals," - I love a man who has his priorities in order! A not-so-fresh body with all the air of mysterious buttons and unanswered questions, but nothing messes with the aunt's cooking. Cricks and creeks and two sweet elderly ladies who seem to be a little bit ahead of everyone else in the knowledge department.

More sustaining than Aunt May's soup.
Jaz22 chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I'm so glad to finally be working my way through all the wonderful stories that appeared while I was away, and this is a great place to start! A trip to Worden sounds delightful, and it's so nice to see everyone being so true to themselves. The aunts are like pumpkin tarts - sweet with just the right amount of zing. And there was plenty of great plot-building going on here - just like an episode with multiple story-lines bouncing off each other and all coming together.

A favorite part of this chapter for me was definitely Mark's 'deal breaker' when it came to Gerald - so subtle, yet so perfectly Mark.

And nice to see Aaron growing up well...
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Wow! This took me three workouts to get through. I just love to savor these long stories and make them last.

I so admire your ability to weave several story lines into one long piece-and still manage to throw in wrong turns and surprises with your own original characters! It had a bit of everything...our favorite quirky characters (in perfect character), a bit of angst, "The night passed in two hour increments, the last one ending in what seemed like a painfully early dawn," and my favorite food. When I read stories about the Aunts, I seem to eat more...what's that all about?

Thanks for giving us a story we can really dig our teeth into! It's amazing our friends can even cross over into Arkansas anymore!

Georgi
JeanneZ84 chapter 5 . 7/2/2009
L. ,

Yes it did all tie together nicely.

I verry much enjoyed reading this story.

As I was reading it,it was like I was watching a movie or something,because it was very easy to piocture and hear things in it that were said and done.

Thanks for the great story.

JeanneZ84 chapter 4 . 7/1/2009
Wow! All this finding out things I never had picked up on for a while before I read this.

The story is getting better and better.

You do such wonderful stories.

I picture it all.

I cant wait to read the last chapter.

JeanneZ84 chapter 3 . 6/30/2009
Well we find out Geralds problem,but as this story goes on there is much more mystery now then when it forst somethings up with the postgtes and Baby Billy.

Well I hope it all works out well.

Im looking forward to reading the rest of this story.

Very interesting.

JeanneZ84 chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
Love the Aunts.I enjoy reading stories with them.

You know they do things to make the judge crazy like McCormick know with the aunts they arent just going to leave this mystery unfold and not be a part of it no matter where they are.

Just like Mark he gets himself in schemes and gets Hardcastle ticked off.

This is so mystery.I can't wait to see how this all turns out.

I am really loving this story.

I also have to say I believe Gerald is in one heck of a wait to find out that too.

JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
L. ,

I just have to tell you right now that I am loving this story already.

I love Their Aunts in stories and geralds fine too.

I just got to reading this today.I had gotten far behind with things and now I can start reading this and try to catch up with everything.

I can hardly wait to read the second chapter.

owlcroft chapter 5 . 6/26/2009
I do love the Aunts (as some people may already be aware); and any story set in Worden, too. Add to that: Gerald, a nice cozy mystery, that nice young couple newly settled in, lots of in-jokes and canon references to garnish the whole, and you've got a lovely story to savor and enjoy.

As always, here's the standard we all aspire to with regard to writing, characterization, structure, and pace. There are far too many "favorite" lines to quote any here - and heaven forbid I should spoil anyone else's read by doing so! I hope we'll go back to Worden many times (maybe that Airstream can sail through once or twice) and meet our friends again and again.

Lovely!