Reviews for Love
whodo chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
A well rounded critique...

A rewarding gift...

Praise/improvement...

Oh no

I couldn't do that...

Leave it to others HE does it so much better than I!
James Birdsong chapter 35 . 9/4/2009
Nice 21 to 35. Good story with a good ending of course yep.
Noofle chapter 35 . 9/3/2009
Beautiful ending! Grasshopper is a great character and fancy that - giving Iserliss to the crowd. Clever clever idea. Now "Love" is over, what am i going to do? I have nothing to read! Do you ahve a sequel in mind at all...?
teddybowties chapter 35 . 9/3/2009
Ah.

SO fine! So fine, indeed. Like the ring tap tapping on an exquisite piece of thin porcelain.

For ever have I loved the truth of beauty in the eyes of the beloved ones.

- sez me
Alcibie chapter 35 . 9/3/2009
What a brilliant, beautiful ending...:)

And the Men in Black quote..very well done!

I love Wil and Grasshopper's conversations and I think the revenge chosen for Iserliss was justified given what he was and what he'd done...no one does that to Jack and gets away with it!

Was that a joke, Grasshopper?

Yes, I am afraid so.

It was reasonably funny.

Thank you, I’m trying.

I loved that! And as for the end

Well I’m not certain, but I think we are tested to prove our worthiness to be loved.

and

Even though I realize I am not a real person, Teacher, I would like to include myself in that number, if you do not object?

Of course you are, Grasshopper!

That was just wonderful (and the quotes, need I say!) You've done such a marvellous job with everything, from the title to the story to the overall theme..it all fits together seamlessly and it's been such a fantastic story..I've loved every minute!
RandomCheeses chapter 35 . 9/3/2009
Aww! It's over. . .

Love the men in black quote! (Best. Movie. Ever.)

This has been an awesome story! Now you can sit back, relax and recharge your brain!
Mary Jane Elle Jay chapter 35 . 9/3/2009
I just think you should know how amazing this fic is. It is just beautiful how you investigate Love and how it shapes people. It is incredible. honestly, this series is great!
Noofle chapter 34 . 9/2/2009
Nice. Loved the Doctor's comment about pieces rolling around inside Jack's handsome head. That made me laugh. I can see there can only be a couple more chapters left on this one - I can't wait see how you finish it up, though I want to keep reading. Oh dear, i seem to have a bit of a problem here...
Alcibie chapter 34 . 9/2/2009
What a beautiful chapter..the lovely feeling of peace at the end of a storm..whether temporary peace or not!

Jack's hair! Can I rub his head too?

Love this..it's so completely the Doctor and how he would say it:

“But you may be a horse of an entirely different color. How are you doing, Captain Jack Harkness? How’s that old noggin of yours? Everything nice and battened down in there or do you still have a couple of stray pieces rolling around unfettered inside your handsome skull?”

Wow! Also "metabolically incompetent"..brilliant! I loved their conversation and the lovely points about Jack and John's relationship. That was a powerful thing John would have done for Jack, to be sure.

Loved the last line too! And what a quote!
teddybowties chapter 34 . 9/2/2009
OH! S OCUTE!

Squeak!
RandomCheeses chapter 34 . 9/2/2009
Yay! Jacks back in the Tardis!

Although at first glance, back in the ICU, the Captain had initially been quite concerned until The Doctor looked up from his bed and howled, “Jack! What happened to your hair?”

I loved that line! Pure genius!

Awesome stuff as usual!
Alcibie chapter 33 . 9/1/2009
Best last line ever goes to Wil! And also this description of Torchwood to you!

the palace underneath the pavement Brilliant!

I like Wil's thoughts on Jack's choice..somehow I think he's the only one who could or would have made that..possibly apart from the Doctor and I do wonder about the ominous repercussions of that decision (although selfishly I also think..more stories on the horizon! Aren't I terrible!)

John had lowered his right arm around her waist, grasped her right hand in his left and their gentle rocking became a sort of slow, sensual waltz; an exquisite dance to music only they could hear.

That's so beautiful, as is the conversation about Jack..it's as if a sore point has turned around full circle in this story and served to strengthen them..

What a treat this has been!
Alcibie chapter 32 . 9/1/2009
As the Time Lord watched, a progression of emotions passed over Rhys' face, a sort of abbreviated “Fives States of Grief.” Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance – they were all there, marching relentlessly across his soul's horizon.

What a brilliant, poignant lines. This chapter was beautiful and sad..poor Gwen...and I love her spirit!

“From that pathetic brother of Jack’s, I know. All I can say is some rescue. I was doing fine until mister high and mighty Captain John bloody Hart came parading in and took over. Then look what happened. Everything went straight to hell."

All I want to do is quote your lines back at you but this is so well-written and I love the Doctor's gentle attitude as well and the way he always knows what needs to be said (I know he also often know what doesn't as well!)
Alcibie chapter 31 . 9/1/2009
Aw!

This was just so Jack..the whole gesture, the dialogue..and his decision to let Gray go and his reasons..that was the best speech ever by the way..were both very him and the Doctor..it was really fitting..even though I was sure at the end of the last chapter that he was in fact going to murder Gray..this was so much a Jack action, it worked really well:)

But there was also something else in Jack’s eyes. It’s your choice, it said. Accept it and stay or walk away and lose her. It’s up to you.

Wow..and yes..I think Jack and John's relationship would have and will lead them into this scenario many, many times

“And maybe that’s his problem,” Wil intruded on what was feeling like a very private conversation. “Or at least one of them. Imagine growing up and not seeing Star Wars. Not knowing who Luke Skywalker is. Or Han Solo.”

I loved that!
Alcibie chapter 30 . 9/1/2009
This is brilliant writing..right down to that harrowing final line and Jack's speech that just wants to make me press the next chapter and see what's happening right away (but I'm trying to savour these!)

Simple existence became unequivocally harrowing and Gray’s animal-like shriek lasted longer than might be believed humanly possible.

What a powerful line and Jack is mesmorising in this chapter..really in "that" mode we see from time to time..completely powerful, scary and in control (and command)

There was an ominous silence which the Captain had allowed to grow, an old trick to increase tension.

Wow..

And so..John and Wil and the thoughts..another urge to keep reading these chapters straight away!

See..I never lost faith in John!