Reviews for Truth Be Told
patricia.kane.969 chapter 10 . 1/7
This is extremely well written! Please write more VM LoVe FanFic because you write soo very well its amazing! Logan and V banter is just perfect! Thank you!
fishertowers chapter 10 . 9/2/2014
I really enjoyed this story! Great Job!

FT
Guest chapter 2 . 6/11/2014
Wow, gotta say wht a major ungreatfull bitch tht Marley tht is
the only person she has a right to be angry at is Lianne
candicane26 chapter 10 . 2/14/2014
Just read all 10 chapters in one go. Whew! It was amazing. Very original take on VM. Wonderful characterisation. Lovely ending :)
AliceGirl6 chapter 10 . 2/6/2014
First veronica mars story i've read, and now I crave for more. It was really good!
lilylees chapter 10 . 8/12/2013
Okay, first off, your Logan is spot-on and almost nothing makes me happier than Logan Echolls SO therefore this story something awesome. I liked the rest of your characterizations too, especially Keith, Wallace, and Mac.

Marlie had sort of the Dawn Summers problem for me, though - her actions and thoughts seemed totally reasonable and logical...for someone maybe 2-3 years younger than her stated age. I wonder if other readers who found her grating had the same reaction, maybe? I didn't find her self-centered reactions out of character or off-putting when I was reading her as maybe 13 or 14, but if I'd been reading her as 16 I think I would've expected her to be a little more self-aware and react more like Veronica, Mac, and Wallace all reacted to similar situations at around that age. Whether or not it's realistic for *actual* 16-year-olds to act that way, in both the VM universe and the Buffy one they do.

ANYWAY - one small detail I loved was part of Lianne's POV when Logan comes to talk to her - when she wonders if he's going to hit her, even while observing that he doesn't seem to exhibit characteristics of an abusive man. It was a good character moment, coming from a woman with a history of abuse, and I appreciated that you let it stand and didn't editorialize it into being too on-the-nose.

Anyway, keep it up with Logan forehead kissing, always with the Logan forehead kissing. 3
2shy the Shippy chapter 10 . 5/28/2013
So, I just read the story and its whole entirety and I love and hate it. I love all of the characters and the story line, but I hate Marlie. Perhaps it is because I cannot relate to her mindset, but she did not and does not see how selfish her actions are. I understand she is 16, but I think even at that age you should more able to be a little more rational than she was. Her birth mother abandoned her and before she was even exposed as to her real mother, Lianne, has always been a sore subject for the family-there was a reason for that. I really wished that Logan and Veronica had fully explained everything to her, especially Veronica...that she had been where Marlie is before and it does not end well. Even when things were explained to her, Marlie seemed to have a naive outlook on the situation. Personally, if my mother abandoned me in a hotel after abandoning her other daughter TWICE and stealing thousands of dollars from her, I would seriously question said woman's character. This also does not take into consideration that Veronica admitted on spending her college savings in order to help her mother. I feel the best course for Marlie to have taken was a middle ground: a hybrid of what Mac and Wallace said. Also, she should have taken baby steps with meeting her mother rather than move in with her. I know that they met a few times, but did she not think that that would hurt her parents? I mean she did, but did she examine the depth of the hurt it would cause? She should have waited at least a few months and Lianne had no business asking her that, biological child of not.

Lianne is seriously the worst type of person. She believes is always the victim and does not see how her actions have consequences. She never fully owned up to her actions for abandoning Veronica and now with Marlie-and even with she does admit fault, it is always someone/something else to blame as well. And I do believe it is like Lettie Navarro believed it was-Lianne is going to leave like she has done before. She couldn't handle it when Marlie was younger and she won't be able to handle it while Marlie was older. She didn't even tell Marlie who her real father was and how she got the money.
Sghisa chapter 10 . 4/14/2013
OK, first of all sorry for my English.
I have to admit that this is not the kind of story I usually read and like from the VMars universe. There is no struggeling between V and Logan, they allready are together. There is no point on Lilly's death, is so far away. Veronica is not the main character. No long mistery, you reveal that Marlie is not V kid quite soon in the plot. So I was just curios because of the huge number of fans your story had, and so I red it. And I liked it a lot.
The characters are grown up, they are no longer the same persons they were durng the series, but you respected them and theyr characteristics. Veronica could possibly grow up like that, and also Logan and Keith and Alicia... and even Lianne, a character that is mostly forgotten or left byside in the fanfictions I red.
So i have to thank you for giving me some good time reading your good FF! Complimenti from Italy!
rosy19 chapter 10 . 4/2/2013
So I read all the chapters today and it was awesome! Thank you for writing it! Hopefully you can write more Veronica Mars stories. (you said in the a/n that you have written more stories, where can I find them?)
azerjaban chapter 2 . 2/22/2013
Interested my reading to say " Logan told her. "He punched me; I punched him. I told him to stay the fuck away from you. He said he could have me killed and I had no idea who I was messing with. I told him my father was a raping, murdering asshole, and maybe he could have me killed but if he went any where near you I'd personally kill him, and then Dick said 'yeah!' really loudly, and then everybody went home. I don't know what he did next, but I watched American Idol."

BEST GORY PLOTLINE VERSION EVER!
JeniLyn2000 chapter 10 . 12/17/2012
I really love the way you write. I hope we have more LoVe stories from you in the future.
mollfaceee chapter 10 . 12/15/2012
Hi! I've read this story before, and I loved it then, but I didn't review, so I am reviewing now! I'm rewatching VM, and so I found your fic again and reread it, and I just wanted to say bravo. It's really hard to capture Veronica's snark, but you did it wonderfully, all while adapting it to motherhood. Loved her interactions with her kids. Probably my favorite part was Logan and Marlie though. Their relationship made me cry-totally in a good way. Logan is like super dad, and he was so sweet with Marlie.
Conclusion: I love your story. Whenever I miss this show, I come back and read this and get my heart torn apart and then put back together again. Beautifully done!
Basaltone chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Wonderful story, I stayed up way too late reading it. I just loved this future view of Veronica and Logan. It was wonderful in that it was just a Happily Rver After where everything goes right, that just wouldn't fit with our heroes. Instead they fight, they make up, things don't go right and sometimes things go very wrong, but in the end they fight to keep their family together. I loved how you were able to capture the snarky comments and keep them in character. Very well written, enjoyed it very much. Thank you
Izzie820 chapter 10 . 6/1/2012
Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. Hands down one of the best I've read.
Randalish chapter 10 . 2/17/2012
So, I loved "Veronica Mars." And I loved Logan and Veronica as a romantic pairing, which isn't something I usually do. But in fan-fiction... they never rang quite true. They never sparked like they did on the screen (all kudos to the terrific actors) and they never acted like themselves. I quickly gave up on looking for stories.

Then I stumbled across this one. I wasn't even looking, I'd read one of your other stories in another fandom and saw this one on your profile page. But here they finally were: Logan and Veronica, a good decade and a half down the line, older and more mature but still just as flawed as they ever were. Just as passionate, just as reliant on one another, yet just as likely to clash. They're not the best parents, or the best spouses, or the best people. But they're -them.-

Marlie is cast from the same mould. She's bratty and egocentric and frankly not a terribly good daughter to her parents. But that doesn't make her a bad person, or an unusual one. Even when she messed up, her intentions weren't bad. At times I desperately wanted to give her a reality check, but I never stopped sympathising.

I'm not sure how likely it'd be for all of them to stick around Neptune, Mac and Wallace and Dick and all the Echolses and Marses. But hey, they're who I want to read about, so I'm not exactly complaining. (Dick though, Mac? Honestly? I know he's probably grown... some, but... honestly. Dick? Dick Casablancas Junior?) Incidentally, the flashbacks had some great Dick-isms. He's great fun to read about, but if I had to spend more than a few hours in his immediate vicinity I'd want to throttle him. Still, as comic relief it's hard to do better.

This story also made me realise just how many of the main cast have weird stuff going on with their parentages. Veronica thought she might be Jake's son, Wallace finds out his father was some other guy, Mac was swapped at birth... and now Marlie. Oh well.

The actual plot worked well, as did the flashbacks, but I have to admit the story's main draw was seeing how these characters functioned in this new dynamic.

Finally, may I just say I love the name "Marlene/Marlie" for Veronica's sister/daughter? It fits in that it's just as unorthodox as Veronica without resorting to "Tangerine" levels of ridiculousness, plus it's a good name in it's own way.