Reviews for Truth Be Told
Basaltone chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Wonderful story, I stayed up way too late reading it. I just loved this future view of Veronica and Logan. It was wonderful in that it was just a Happily Rver After where everything goes right, that just wouldn't fit with our heroes. Instead they fight, they make up, things don't go right and sometimes things go very wrong, but in the end they fight to keep their family together. I loved how you were able to capture the snarky comments and keep them in character. Very well written, enjoyed it very much. Thank you
Izzie820 chapter 10 . 6/1/2012
Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. Hands down one of the best I've read.
Randalish chapter 10 . 2/17/2012
So, I loved "Veronica Mars." And I loved Logan and Veronica as a romantic pairing, which isn't something I usually do. But in fan-fiction... they never rang quite true. They never sparked like they did on the screen (all kudos to the terrific actors) and they never acted like themselves. I quickly gave up on looking for stories.

Then I stumbled across this one. I wasn't even looking, I'd read one of your other stories in another fandom and saw this one on your profile page. But here they finally were: Logan and Veronica, a good decade and a half down the line, older and more mature but still just as flawed as they ever were. Just as passionate, just as reliant on one another, yet just as likely to clash. They're not the best parents, or the best spouses, or the best people. But they're -them.-

Marlie is cast from the same mould. She's bratty and egocentric and frankly not a terribly good daughter to her parents. But that doesn't make her a bad person, or an unusual one. Even when she messed up, her intentions weren't bad. At times I desperately wanted to give her a reality check, but I never stopped sympathising.

I'm not sure how likely it'd be for all of them to stick around Neptune, Mac and Wallace and Dick and all the Echolses and Marses. But hey, they're who I want to read about, so I'm not exactly complaining. (Dick though, Mac? Honestly? I know he's probably grown... some, but... honestly. Dick? Dick Casablancas Junior?) Incidentally, the flashbacks had some great Dick-isms. He's great fun to read about, but if I had to spend more than a few hours in his immediate vicinity I'd want to throttle him. Still, as comic relief it's hard to do better.

This story also made me realise just how many of the main cast have weird stuff going on with their parentages. Veronica thought she might be Jake's son, Wallace finds out his father was some other guy, Mac was swapped at birth... and now Marlie. Oh well.

The actual plot worked well, as did the flashbacks, but I have to admit the story's main draw was seeing how these characters functioned in this new dynamic.

Finally, may I just say I love the name "Marlene/Marlie" for Veronica's sister/daughter? It fits in that it's just as unorthodox as Veronica without resorting to "Tangerine" levels of ridiculousness, plus it's a good name in it's own way.
Natskl chapter 10 . 10/27/2011
I read this a while back and I never reviewed...I loved this story! I really liked the idea of the story and everything just fit so well together. Gonna go favourite it now... :-)
vertejaune chapter 10 . 7/19/2011
This was really good. Best characterization of adult!Veronica that I've seen. Still a smartass, still occasionally immature, fiercely loyal, trying to do what she thinks is right. And I like how you had them be flawed, but still showed that they had grown and matured since the show.

I know a lot of people didn't like Marlie, and to be honest she irritated me a lot of the time, but her behavior wasn't unreasonable. She was 16, going through some whacked out identity issues- it really was a very similar situation to the one Wallace found himself in, only Wallace just walked out instead of dragging it out and staying close by. And in the end, she figured out that the hero is the one that stays. Loved it.
Danielle chapter 10 . 5/19/2011
Excellent story! I was a little hesitant at first, but I love how you stayed so true to the characters. I cried at the proposal scene, and at the end. Very well written, I really enjoyed reading it.
Nerdyesque chapter 10 . 4/21/2011
I just INHALED this and wished I had found this sooner because this was an amazing story! There are so many precious moments and heart-rending ones too. It's amazing how many of the characters on the show really struggled with the question of what a parent is - until you used their examples to point out things for Marlie, I never really thought about how much of an identity is caught up with knowing who and what raised you. Great job.
md907 chapter 10 . 3/3/2011
What an AMAZING story. This is the BEST married-life characterization I've ever read of Veronica and Logan. You didn't take the easy way out and make them the calm, loving married couple that they never would have been - instead, you took the time to make the then passionate, bickering, loving married couple that any fan of the show knew they would have been. It is AMAZING. Everything about this story is amazing. The proposal scene KILLED me...and I see cute kids for a living, yet none so quite as cute as that. Marlie is the best original character I've read so far.

I just can't get over how amazingly you characterized Veronica and Logan's marriage. Of course she wouldn't be content at home...but she would for her family. Of course she and Logan would fight and scream...but they'd always get over it. No other story captures that chemistry the way yours does. Amazing!
vmaddict chapter 10 . 2/20/2011
Too cute! I loved the angst and emotion rollercoaster! I found out my dad wasnt my dad at age 8 and I could relate to Marlie's reactions and feelings all the way til the end

Great plot! -what was the baby's name?
lateVMlover chapter 9 . 1/23/2011
That has to be the sweetest and cutest marriage proposal! :)
lateVMlover chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
This is a strange and interesting premise.
gufsmile chapter 6 . 6/11/2010
Wow, that was a great chapter. The flashback scene was really incredible. It totally stayed true to who Logan and Veronica are, and it was very intense. Thanks for the great story!
BettyBoopSweden chapter 10 . 3/29/2010
Very, very good. I think that Marlies reactions is very belivable and I understand where she is coming from. Veronica should have explained it better earlier then she did. I love this family and I'm happy that it ended so well for them...or started as it is in this for now it's the start of the rest of their life.

Thank you for the time get to read this!

BettyBoopSweden chapter 5 . 3/29/2010
I know it's a finished story but I just want to say that I really enjoy this. It's a plot I have never read before and you make it interesting. I don't think Marlie is bad, I just think that she is very confused and I think it is very real how she reacts. I don't know why everybody dislike her. She is a 16 year old who just have her whole world turned upside down. I had reacted more if she had just said okay and went on with her life without any problems.

BecksLoVeDramione chapter 10 . 2/7/2010
omg. i read this all in one sitting. it was so good. i loved it!

great story line and you did an amazing job writing it!

keep up the good work! xD
143 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »