Reviews for From The Ashes
Gamma Cavy chapter 4 . 8/11
Oh, how wide the spiral grows, and life will never be the same again. I have to wonder, if Lelouch's 'dreams' ended with him leading Phoenix to his tomb.
By the way, I love what you did with the name there. Phoenix vermilion bird of fire Suzaku.
Viper5delta chapter 4 . 7/13
GOD FUCKING DAMMNIT YOU HAD TO LEAVE IT DEAD ON A CLIFF HANGER. Other than that, very good story.
KellyKatt19 chapter 4 . 5/23
I am very, VERY, upset about this abandonment. I knew it was unfinished, and yet here I am, still waiting for Lulu's truth to be known. Your world building was very thorough, and seemed like a lot of thought had been put into it. Phoenix is a very well done OC protagonist (I usually hate them, not gonna lie), and I was so looking forward to seeing his relationship with Lulu progress. I hope you'll maybe come back to this, even if just to explain how it would have ended.

- Kelly
BBLimits chapter 4 . 4/13
So, I'm about five years too late al saying this but – amazing story. Good grammar, original plot and well-characterized OCs.
Thank you for writing!
HeroSeekerFrost chapter 3 . 4/6
"I will try not to keep you in suspense too long" my butt! It's been friggin' years! Do you not count that as a long time? I've lost count of how many times I've reread this story and I have no idea how many times I've checked to see if it has updated... You, my dear friend, frustrate me... A lot... Please update? As long as it gets past this cliffhanger I don't mind if it's short! I know I'm a really impatient person, but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssseeeee!
Thank you for reading my review... I hope you update...
A. JayLin chapter 1 . 2/28
Oh my gosh, I'm really curious to find out what happens to Phoenix! Please update whenever you are able to!
HeroSeekerFrost chapter 1 . 1/28
Not to be that one person, but please update! I just reread it for the fourth friggin time! And the cliffie was amazing!
ndesi62 chapter 1 . 1/15
Still one of the best Code Geass fics ever so far as I'm concerned. Maybe now that you've finished To the Fire, maybe you can finally get back to continuing From the Ashes?
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
When is the next chapter? Please I really want to know what happens to Phoenix and Lelouch
1r0nB34r chapter 4 . 11/25/2015
Update plssssssssssssssssss! Or at least do something to let everyone know that you are done with this story! I'm begging you!
Sly chapter 4 . 10/18/2015
I can honestly ssay that this is the best story I've ever read, no other story iss even close to as fabulouss (other than one that comes in a rather closse second)! Please update! I hate to be that one persson but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssseeeee update! I'll be looking for more, this story iss addictive! Another thing I should add is that when I wass talking about it being the best story I ever read, I was including professional bookss! I love, love, love, love this story! Keep up ze good work!
Fair thee well!
-Sly
grievousrommel chapter 4 . 10/17/2015
Pleasepleasepleaseplease update. This is an idea that I haven't seen. I'll send you a digital cookie.
grievousrommel chapter 2 . 10/17/2015
So what speeches were on the pillars? I can guess three of them but four? Please help.

Otherwise fantastic chapter. Is there fan art of your depiction of the tomb anywhere?
anon chapter 4 . 7/10/2015
this is really good! is there any chance of you ever continuing it though? i really hope you will
Nea Marika chapter 4 . 4/1/2015
I read this story years ago and I keep coming back to it over and over again to refresh my memory, wanting to be ready and prepared if you decide to update the story. I don't know what it is about this story of all stories that won't let me forget about it, but I've spent countless hours speculating and fantasizing about what will to happen next.

At one point I was convinced that Suzaku was actually alive under the mask that Phoenix touched, having made the contract with C.C. and kept his word where Lelouch wasn't able to keep his. I figured this scenario because the crew hadn't been allowed to unmask Zero yet, and because Phoenix described the corpse by thinking that the only indication that the body was dead was the fact it was completely still. I thought that Suzaku is the martyr type who might have taken the Code from C.C. for C.C.s sake, despite his own persistent death wish, and maybe even let himself be buried alive so that the Code could be buried with him.

Now I'm inclined to think that Phoenix is somehow Suzaku's reincarnation, quite literally. The strong sense of being led by destiny kind gives that vibe, as though Suzaku's memories are pushing him in the right direction from his subconscious. Also, Dr. Trin being creeped out from the moment she laid eyes on Phoenix leads me to think he even looks uncannily like Suzaku. From green eyes and fluffy hair to a synonymous name, and spinning kicks to the fact that Lelouch's Code reached out to him an only him (I assume that's what happened with the ghost...?), it really feels like Phoenix and Suzaku are one and the same. The ending of Chapter Four leaves me wondering if even the Live On- Geass is still lurking somewhere in Phoenix's mind and will kick in to save his life.

Or maybe Lelouch will take off his contacts and Geass the attackers into submission, or Pailey will tackle Phoenix to the side. I don't know! Maybe I'm completely off-target with all these speculations.

I hope you'll find it in you to update some day! If you don't, I'll understand, because these things come and go and new interests turn up - but if you do decide to post again, here's a fan who will drop everything to glue herself to the nearest screen to read and reread and possibly cry and swoon a little.