Reviews for Survival Machines
megipegi chapter 4 . 11/9/2013
I really like your story, it is very interesting. Thank you!
Taylor1991 chapter 4 . 9/10/2013
I was relieved to see that Lilydid notice Harry's struggles.

It definitely wasn't a coincidence that Lily and Severus's entries were in one chappie now was it?

LL/SS sounds cool, as long as they don't become the main focus. I'm all for Harry slowly beginning to talk to severus. Please update soonish.
Taylor1991 chapter 3 . 9/10/2013
Really liked the talk between Sirius and Harry. If it were any other assignment, I bet Harry might take him up on the offer, especially if the bullies had been particularily hard on him that day. If Severus would just open up his eyes, he'd realize that he and Harry are far more alike than he suspects.

It's been ages since you updated :(
Toomuchme chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I absolutely loved your writing style.
verysiriuspotterhead chapter 4 . 6/29/2012
Really good :) Hope you continue :D
B chapter 4 . 6/1/2012
Good
Sivy chapter 4 . 5/28/2012
I know you probably wont update, but I would really like to see one... its a good AU that I haven't yet seen. I hope to read more soon
Foxtrot 21 chapter 4 . 7/18/2011
Okay, ideas for further chapters keep coming to mind, so here they are. Oh, and they aren't in any sort of order, just random things that are coming to mind. Let me know if I'm right!

-After spending more time with Harry for whatever reason (more babysitting, more dinners, more teatimes, maybe Lily has a breakdown and he comes over to help her through it, or she's too busy and asks him to pick Harry up from school), anyway, after spending more time with Harry, Snape begins to take notice of the bruises, broken glasses, bloody noses, wet hair, etc, and realizes that Harry is being bullied.

-Snape becomes an occasional babysitter for Harry and they start to form the beginnings of a friendship. When Sirius and Lupin come over and see that Harry seems to like Snape, Sirius gets angry at Lily. Snape enjoys provoking Sirius and is always extra nice to Harry when Sirius is around for this reason. Maybe he brings Harry a better gift for his birthday to make Sirius jealous, or insinuates that he knows more about Harry than Sirius by engaging him in conversation about Doctor Who, or if we're really really trying to piss off Sirius, he puts Harry on his lap in front of him. Sirius would blow a gasket, not to mention that it would confuse Harry, who doesn't really understand why Snape is being so nice at first. Lily, of course, likes to see Snape and Harry getting along, though since she's smart, she'll probably realize what's going on and be annoyed with Snape. Or maybe she won't, since she's a little out of it. Either way...maybe she'll see what she wants to see.

-Lily is in some sort of accident and Snape is the only one at the hospital with Harry. While panicking himself, he tries to reassure Harry that everything will be fine. Sirius arrives to comfort Harry and take him back to his home with him to stay until Lily is out of the hospital. Or St. Mungo's or whatever. Snape, for a reason he doesn't understand, becomes angry at the thought of Sirius taking care of Lily's son. He doesn't really have confidence in Sirius's ability to take care of an owl, much less a child, and he and Sirius get into an argument about being responsible and whatnot.
Foxtrot 21 chapter 4 . 7/16/2011
You need to continue this story immediately.

It's really very good, your characterization of Sirius and Snape are believable and I love how you made Harry. You can totally tell that beneath his cold exterior he's hurting, but trying to hide it. I really hope you decide to continue, or give it up for adoption or something, because I'm really enjoying this story. Please! Think of your readers!
1986 chapter 4 . 4/8/2011
Hi,

just found this story and I like it quite much - even if it made me sad. Your writingstyl is awsome - it evokes so strong emotions! I hope that you didn't abandoned this story
Aimi-chan chapter 4 . 1/7/2011
The story is very interesting! I'm looking forward to more Harry POVs though, even if Lily and Severus does give us some insight, and let's us observe Harry from a third person POV. I'm fairly intrigued as to how the story will progress, especially once he gets his Hogwarts letter. I reckon he'd probably be sorted into Ravenclaw or Slytherin, but I do enjoy reading about his daily life at home. Thanks for writing this and have fun with the next chapter!
MYsweetAngel chapter 4 . 3/4/2010
:) this is a great fic!

xD

really like it!
akuma-river chapter 4 . 9/27/2009
Interesting.

Does Snape know that Harry is being bullied? I wonder what will happen if Harry came home once with evidence of his beating and Snape was there.
reader1writer1 chapter 4 . 9/18/2009
This is well done. The perspective and emotion really had me sniffling. I can clearly see a ten year old boy struggling this way after the death of a parent-especially with the other parent shutting down as Lily has. Also, the rendering of Lily and James fit the mental image I'd had of them. I really look forward to the next installment.
cluser chapter 4 . 8/31/2009
Great story so far.

I think your Harry is a little too mature for a ten year old, but he is very interesting nevertheless.

I am looking forward to the next chapter.