Reviews for More Than Meets the Eye
lmncake chapter 16 . 8/28/2014
I'm near tears... There needs to be a sequel or something. Whatever you have to do! I'm not satisfied... Or... You can make another fanfic! Maybe one with a GermanyxItaly pairing? I'm just kidding, you don't need to do anything. This story alone proves how wonderful your writing is. :)
marielitaaa chapter 10 . 12/4/2010
Sorry but I will repost my past comment, sorry for the spam it's just that the past comment will makes no sense xD:

I loved the way you skipped through time, that was the key strategy that kept me on going reading. The imagery was vivid in my head as you described the scenarios or the action. The dialogue was also so entertaining! One of my favorite quotes was: "Kiku... what have you done to me?"3

I could tell things were going to change with that x3

I honestly cried at the ending, like hard. I know that I'm a sucker for tragedies in movies or such, but no story had made me cry before. That ending was just so powerful. Thank you for this wonderful story *hug*

BTW, I also saw the adorable drawing of Japan crossdressing x3

I loved it so much I want to draw it myself too, so may I have your permission? :')
marielitaaa chapter 1 . 12/4/2010

I loved the way you skipped through time, that was the key strategy that kept me on going reading. The imagery was vivid in my head as you described the scenarios or the action. The dialogue was also so entertaining! One of my favorite quotes was That wasn't just the best EnglandxJapan fanfiction, but in general the best story I've read. Every chapter kept my brain working, thinking what could possibly happen next. I hate stories that are predictable, and yours was a challenge I hadn't had for years. And you also made me like RussiaxChina 3

The dialogue was so entertaining too! My favorite quote was: "Kiku... what have you done to me?"3

I could tell things were going to change with that x3

I honestly cried at the ending, like hard. I know that I'm a sucker for tragedies in moves or such, but not story had made me cry before. That ending was just so powerful. Thank you for this wonderful story *hug*

BTW, I also saw the adorable drawing of Japan crossdressing x3

MeganekkoTenshi chapter 16 . 11/16/2010
This was just... WOW. I mean, WOW. I'm sorry, but I can't find any words to describe this beautiful piece of art. Its THAT good. I love the way you wrote everything and your characterization was spot on. My personal favorite part was chapter 4 because the fight scene was marvelously written, and I love me some Kiku in a dress w *shot* It really made me grow attached to this story and thus, is the reason I bawled my eyes out when Kiku had to kill Arthur. TwT Bravo. You should write more!

Oh, one more thing! 请问,你是华人吗? :D
ArisaLyeanna chapter 16 . 4/10/2010
that was beautiful and so sad that arthur had to die...*sob**sob* maybe you should put arthur's name after Kiku said goodbye... as it was the last time he said it... I like it..
jess chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
kiku? D: OH NOES!

great story! :3
LePetitPappillon chapter 15 . 11/1/2009
Oh, gosh! I'm sorry it took me solong to read this!

I really enoyed the Ivan/Yao in this chapter. It has't really been introduced, so it was a nice surprize.

Very nice job, deary!
WhimsicalShmoo chapter 16 . 10/11/2009
That was a bittersweet ending. Very sad that Arthur had to die, especially by Kiku's hands...but he would have been shot otherwise. Stuck between a rock and a hard palce.

But I'm glad everything seems to have worked out, and that Kiku is doing all right, and Yao is getting better :] And really, lovely work. The plot and everything was just...brilliantly planned out. I can't believe this is your first fanfiction! I've written several, but I doubt I could ever top this and just...lovely lovely work Thank you so much for posting! And perhaps there will be more from you in the future, yes?
WhimsicalShmoo chapter 15 . 10/11/2009
Beautiful chapter I'm sorry I haven't gotten aroudn to reading it until now. I've been so busy with life and my cosplays and stuff...

But seriously, this is amazing. The writing is just...lovely. And the ending was really sweet. Everything is starting to fall together. Beautiful work...only the epilogue left, which I shall now go and read. Be back in a few.
LePetitPappillon chapter 14 . 10/6/2009
OH DANG.

This is getting really exciting! Nice plot twist!
Cheshirewocky chapter 16 . 10/6/2009
It's a lovely story, very dramatic and well written. I especially like how Ivan and Yao eventually came together in the end. But...

You killed off Arthur! I mean...you KILED off Arthur! And by his own love interest! Just who do you think you are? His little brother?

I think that's the only issue I had with the story, how it ended semi-tragically. That's just personal opinion, though, since I hardly ever like tragic stories. Very well done!
SoundsRight chapter 16 . 10/1/2009
Sad yet rather inevitable.

At least Arthur dies by Kiku. That gives me much more peace.

Ha ha ha.

I love the story.

I hope to see more from you soon.

Keep up the great work!

Take Care.
rae1112 chapter 16 . 9/25/2009
:O
LePetitPappillon chapter 11 . 9/25/2009
Oh, joy! Hugs from naked Franny! That's always an excitement!

ahem, anyway. I mist say your plot is quite good. It's really awesome that you're using your third point of view to it's fullest and showing so many different characters in different places. It certainly adds more depth. (I still have to work on that. XD)

Keep up the good work! (Okay, yes. I know you're story's done with, but your next story, keep upthe good work.)
pu-up chapter 16 . 9/24/2009