Reviews for Legacy
Emilyjayden101 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Awesome! I love the idea of having Carter being a princess, that would explain why she knows about her dad's job. You should do a sequel having Carter get exposed being a princess and having Carter get kidnapped! I would just die if you did that. :D :D :D :D
anano mouse chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
nice. i like the idea of carter being a princess
chocolatebearturk chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Okay, where to begin? I read this story ages ago, loved it, but didn't know you were the author. It was a blessing, one, to see a story that wasn't femslash in an ocean of it, and it was well-written, well-thought-out, and a striking concept.

I don't know if this is a cliche simply because I don't read most of the fanfiction in this category (I've tried-I really did try and it was all just so contrived and unrealistic), but I have a feeling that even if this were a het-dominated fandom, you would be unique in writing this, or at least writing this well and with a well-thought-out reason why Carter doesn't know about her past and the insinuation that she will NEVER know.

I loved reading about Joe and Izzy. They were so sweet and a little reminiscent of the way Carter and Rosie interacted at first. I can see where Carter gets her fire and Izzy's sense of duty to her people shocked me and made me proud at the same time. She was a woman who knew what it meant to be royalty and took it very seriously. The parallels you drew between past and present were well-employed and I never lost track of where I was.

I loved all the details you threw in there: Carter's grandfather was still alive, Steve in college and his idea that the family was involved in organized crime, "Part of being an agent is coming up with your own cover story."

Something that really, really touched me was the scene where Izzy started crying over the Venelian king in her history book. I was shocked by it-even though you just used this story to introduce her, she seems too strong to cry. You, like Joe, forget that she's a vulnerable girl who misses her home. I was really amazed by the poignant moment.

Also, I'm a little mad at you for the lack of Ed. Even to just, like, compare him and Carter to Joe and Izzy. But it's okay, I suppose, because he really didn't have a place in this story. I'll forgive you... if you put him in the next one. ;) (Kidding. xD)

Last of all: I like that you got Rosie's whole "no contractions" thing down. It's awesome to see things like that-little details that no one else notices.

Brava, JD! Brava.

Love,

Beth.
zimah bote chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
loved it but please don't stop there! how did joe and izzy get away? does joe ever tell carter who her mom was? are the princesses safe? why didn't joe become director? a sequel would be greatly appreciated

thank you! great story
deafgurl chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Doo some more chappters plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I beg u plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz.
mystery1312 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
i never heard anything about carters mother in the movie but i loved this oneshot
FireBornInsanity chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Great job! I loved it and hope for a second chapter!
wolfgurl211 chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
I loved it!
Rainbowscape chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed this story so much, and would gladly read more of it.:)
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
“Part of being an agent is coming up with your own cover story.” great line! The grampa is very cool. I kept having to leave the room to tend to things wile P was on, so I missed chunks of it. So I don't know how many of these characters are completely your own. I can tell that you've developed them all thoroughly and I like that a lot.

This speech was amazing; I seriously love Isabella: “I’m not. Part of being a princess is being there for your people, and I can never do that. I can never protect them or lead them, I can’t even see them! If I go home, I will be killed in the name of freedom. So I’m not a princess, I’m just a girl going to college and trying to figure out what to do with her life..."

Is it weird that I'm envisioning Joe Jonas as a young Mr. Mason and Macy (from JONAS) as Isabella. Because she does look a lot like Selena Gomez-in certain facial features. Ok, maybe I'm just crazy.

Fairy wings made out of "bent wire hangers and old pillow cases" sound pretty awesome.

“What are you reading?” he asked.

“History,” she said and he winced at her pained tone...

“I’m sorry,” he whispered and he held her as she cried.

*sad face* That's quite a scene. Very touching and sweet. And real.

“If I came to you, Rosie wouldn’t trust me and I needed her to..." That's really nice insight into how much she values their friendship.

"If he’d been on his own, he would have shot the General where he stood and damned the consequences." Oh now. I sense a sad part coming soon. I don't blame him for feeling that way though. We all do sometimes.

This was beautiful. I loved it. Poor Joe. You've given his character real substance. Fantastic job.

Oh, I almost forgot, lol. Thank you so much for reviewing the new chapter to my JONAS story. I really appreciate it. :D I wanted to read one of your pieces instead of just doing the review-reply thing. Glad I did.
Amanda chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
This story is great! I luved it! I think it's the best P story. I hope you will continue.
DC chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
I loved it! It has great potential, Please continue!
the-bunnys-echo chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This was good. It has the potential for a sequel. Thanks for sharing it.
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Great story. By far the best P fic I've read so far. So Carter actually is a princess then. I would love to see this continued. To see her get her throne. There is lots you could do with that. Anyhoo thanks for writing this.
BrotherMaynard12533 chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
This is a great story, and I wish it were longer than 1 chapter. I've been wondering if anyone would write a story along these lines, as there was a lot of ambiguity and blank space to work with. Hopefully more people will read this and be inspired to expand on the characters in a similar manner to you.

Great job, hopefully there will be more to come in the future.