Reviews for Three Times
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 3 . 1/12/2010

this was bloody brill lovey!

bhoney chapter 3 . 9/10/2009
Nice chapter. I especially liked this: "Sam was a constant in Dean’s life. Had been ever since he was born. Through out all the confusion surrounding his mother’s death, and then the chaos when his father began hunting, in the midst of all that was Sam. That was until he went to Stanford. From then on, Sam was a missing part of the puzzle that made up Dean’s family. And Dean was that lonely puzzle piece that has been separated from the rest of its package; unable to fit in anywhere." Nice metaphors to show their relationship. I think they're really fitting.

This was sad, but true: "The yellow-eyed demon had caused him so much pain. He had lost his mother to that thing, and if he was honest, he had lost his father to it too."

Great ending: "He had to kill it before it destroyed his family more than it already had. His mother, he could never get back. His father was too far gone to be alright again. But Sam, Sam still had a chance. And Dean was going to make sure that he took that chance."

Good job on this!
bhoney chapter 2 . 9/2/2009
I liked this chapter, you did a good job recreating that scene from the Pilot episode, and tying it in to the previous fire with little things like the boys sitting on the hood of the Impala. Sam broke my heart here, he seemed so lost.

I know why you did it, but I prefer the formatting the other way-I'm just used to the flashbacks being in italics, it tripped me up a little to have that reversed. But I liked the frame you put around the flashback, and especially the foreboding note in the end sentence.

Nice job on this, well written.
bhoney chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
I had to check this story out when I saw the summary, because it sounded so similar to one I did for a contest earlier this summer-I did three times Dean saved Sam that involved fire, and two of the times were the same as yours. Great minds think alike! :)

It was really interesting to see your take on the initial fire that started it all. Very sad, poor little Dean.

I LOVED this: "“You’ve been protecting me ever since I was 6 months old.”

Dean snorted.

“Saving your sorry ass over and over again is a full time job.”" LOL Great bit of banter! I could totally hear the boys having that exchange. A very nice bit of characterization there.

I really liked this. The only stumble was that I kept getting jarred out of my SPN mindset by the occasional non-American lingo. But overall-good job!
Nerica chapter 3 . 7/24/2009
nice fic ]

*sigh*, btw i think i'm like you, i have a weakness for sibling fluff for some
sylia91 chapter 3 . 7/22/2009
This was excellent! Interesting that Dean never really thinks about regaining anything for himself he is so focused on saving Sam from the fire, from the life of hunting, from the demmon, from becoming their father. It seems that all his energy and focus is directed outwards to saving innocents but mostly it is laser targeted on Sam. It often feels that Sam is aware of that but not quite the depth of it all. It would be interesting to see another series from Sam's POV. Just a shameless ploy on my part to get more of your writing :P.
avrooml chapter 3 . 7/22/2009
*Sob*, that was really really beautiful!
avrooml chapter 2 . 7/22/2009
I think this is a great story :-) Also it explained very efficiently how it was possible that Dean came running into the apartment the exact moment the fire broke out. That had been bothering me about the episode since Dean was obviously leaving after his last remark and your story gives wonderful explanation!
marinawings chapter 3 . 7/22/2009
this is great! definitely a time dean saved sam from the fire. you write the brothers so well! good work!
marinawings chapter 2 . 7/20/2009
good work with this! you've really capture the atmosphere and characters with this one. and i love the premise of it-all the times dean saved sam from a fire. i'd definitely like to read more!
Psychee chapter 2 . 7/2/2009
Would the last fire be hellfire by any chance?
NeverEndingSugarHigh chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Not bad. You tackled a different idea by writing about the aftermath of the 1983 fire. The feeling was nicely written. I'm excited to read about the next two fires!
Anya Magera chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Good story so far.. can't wait for more.
Winchestergirl74 chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
very good story please continue with it