Reviews for I Did It My Way
ccase13 chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
John did do it his way but I would really like to have seen him stress more critical thinking skills and leadership instead of just marine grunt following orders blindly.
Tellhound chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
this was really good. it was fun to read from johns pov insted for sammys or deans for once. )
Yellowbulma chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
It was so sad when John died. Great work
JadeAlmasy chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
lol thats the Winchester motto, "Do everything your own way"

Great job! you made me want to watch that episode again! and thats what im going to do...after i get through a few more updates! lol

Momy2ElmoFriend2 chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Wow, Jean that was a heart tugger, good one shot though, glad I got to read it. Hugs my friend.
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
You know, I was never crazy about this song. It always struck me as someone kinda arrogant. But then, that was John Winchester, warts and all. I am glad you acknowledged what some others, myself included, that by John saving Dean he was also saving Sam. Because I don't think Sam has ever understood that.

OH. Good season three or four one-shot (maybe even post 4, on the run from Lucifer, Sam gets sick or hurt and talks to John. Finally sees the man died to save both his sons.) Hey, I am at work, your the one on summer vacay...
Micaiah chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Very nicely done. I love stories that delve into John's mind. I also looked up the video-you're is awesome.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
that was beautiful
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Very nice to see you do something so different. you pulled it off beautifully. Thanks for sharing one of the hardest things that there is to write! chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Great Jean. The lyrics fit perfectly with John's thoughts before he went into Dean's room that last time before sacrificing himself to the YED. Emotional and really well done.
LvSammy chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
WOW! This was really good. It was nice to see how John cared so much for his boys. HOw he felt bad about fighting with Sammy but his pride kept him from apologizing, how he was about to put a weight on Dean's shoulders. I loved how he felt prepared to leave the boys on their own. THis was really good. Thanks for a great read.
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Wonderful song!fic. I really enjoyed reading it. I know you were thinking of Elvis' version of the song, but I kept hearing Frank Sinatra singing it as I read. I wish John had stayed around longer on the show. You really captured what I thought was going on in John's mind when he made that deal. He did it for both of his boys. I've never felt he loved one son more than the other

I love this part:

Giving one last pause to think before entering into Dean’s room to impart his knowledge before dying, John knew he had done the right thing by the way he raised his boys. If he hadn’t raised them as hunters, Dean wouldn’t be ready to face the fight ahead for his brother’s soul. By staying true to his feelings, he led his boys down the path they needed to take to survive the life that lay ahead of them. Yes, in living that life, he took the blows, but at least he did things his way!

Again wonderful job!