Reviews for Samsara
Hayasaka.Shion chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Sugoiiiiii, the first-person POV was really convincing, especially the 'paper shredder' example (yeah, I'm a pervert. Who cares?) and Tokito was really in-character! I loved it!

Hayasaka
TheEndofTag chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
omg! this is just brillant! totally love the quote from Saiyuki! My favorite line: "He had no damned reservations against breaking my arm and then clinging to me for half an hour, sobbing his little guts out into my chest". Hehehee. I just find that sooo cute, the Tokitoh sobbing his eyes out in regret for huting Kubota.
Phamtom of the Pie chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I just love the way you describe Tokitoh and Kubota's interactions. So lovely. Thank you!
JediShampoo chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
The voice was so precise and cultured that sometimes it was difficult to picture Kubota, but really, who knows what he sounds like in his messed-up head? ;) There were a few very nice street-y references as well. I like how you attached the philosophy to their relationship; it seems just like Kubota to try to analyze it at the same time he's just letting it be. Daring writing, thanks for sharing!
Pixieblade chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
How odd that I didn't read this before. it was a wonderful look into Kubota's psyche, thank you.
Anon chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Hi. I don't have a ffnet id, but my name is Samsarapine. I read this story and recced it on an LJ community called "Nitro_Recs": community./nitro_ ?view30764#t30764

I need to let you know that your Kubota voice didn't work for me, but I thought you did a great job with the interactions between Kubota and Tokito. The change in the relationship at the end was lovely - so subtle and sweet, without being at all smarmy.

Thanks for a great read!
Keidara chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Your portrayal of Kubota is even more beautiful in the first person POV.

I love that you said he "completed the first stage of solving that anomalous riddle". He didn't just discover a magical answer in the four pages of writing. Kubota is just working toward an answer, one step at a time...

I also enjoyed the brevity of the piece. It lends to the impact.

~Kei
Kosette chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
ha ha lolzX3

If Tokitoh really is the Buddha, I am well and truly fucked.

good one! But it's kinda true isn't it? Poor Toki-boy... what has he got himself into this time...oh and do you study religion and philosophies?
pandawolf chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
'If Tokitoh really is the Buddha, I am well and truly fucked.'

That's saying a lot. Nice!
Kemi chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
I don't know if there are words to express the level of wit and beauty and grace in which you write. Everything fits together so perfectly, so flawlessly that it's as if you ARE Kubota (which-if I think about it is kind of disturbing and brilliant in its own way). I love how you tie Wild Adapter in with Saiyuki without hitting us over the head with the comparisson. And then to tie in the whole Buddhist philosophy in with Kubota's already hard-to-understand, jaded way of thinking...just wow. I could write on and on, but I will not take up more of your time. You are wonderful and thank you for your stories that leave me at once satisfied with a enjoyable read and thirsty for more.