Reviews for CotIW: Unfortunate Meetings
Jouaint chapter 9 . 10/25/2012
good to see you are not dead.
GeshronTyler chapter 9 . 10/24/2012
Nice to see an update, but the way the TSAB is still floundering is a bit of a downer. Understandable of course, that the reality of the situation hasn't quite sunk in, as it hasn't been all that long "in story" since the Kriegs and Orks showed up. I have to say, my reaction to the failed orbital bombardment of the Krieg ship remains WTF? Having the TSAB Mages being vulnerable to the WH40K weapons and tactics of frontal assaults without regards to casulties, and the TSAB still firing "stun" shots is one thing, but I really wonder what phenomenon can manage to spoof a warships systems to the point that they register a target, shots fired, and damage dealt, but the eyewitnesses see absolutely nothing happening?

If this is due to some kind of power play shenanigans on the part of some cabal in the TSAB itself, I can only say that in my opinion, the WH40K crowd is enough of a challenge that it isn't necessary to stack the deck. Heck, the ORKS alone are enough of a challenge, let alone the sheer seemingly endless numbers of Kriegs. If the failure of the ships destruction is due to some other outside agent, I have reiterate, WTF? I might buy the idea of some kind of reality warp effect, due to the ship's other dimensional origins, but the fact that the Hetaconchires has sensor records of impact and destruction, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Another thing that bothered me- did the ship in question pass on Fate's report of the apparent non-destruction of the ship despite what the ship's sensors reported? Generally, I would think that being outside, and some distance from the ship, Fate should be able to make a report on her own, since I have to assume there's a global communications net. RH and Bardiche should have records of the incident as well, for analysis.

Well, I'm interested to see where it goes.
Kali chapter 8 . 6/19/2012
Certainly an interesting combination of universes with wildly varying ideologies, excluding certain groups from Nanoha anyways. Good story pacing, fairly in depth detail (while some might not enjoy that, I certainly do.) Also a fairly decent job in maintaining canon personalities for those from Nanoha, I confess my knowledge of the 40k universe is fairly limited so I won't comment on them. But certainly a good read if you don't mind seeing the TSAB against foes that don't play by their rules. Eagerly awaiting more from you!
Ferdiad chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
"lounges, arcades, gardens, or any of the things that made life on a ship manageable."

TSAB military ships sound fucked up.
Ferdiad chapter 7 . 6/7/2012
It's very annoying how you insert a uh or ellipses into every piece of dialogue. You use ellipses in place of commas as well most of the time.
Ferdiad chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
" of greenish blood"

fairly sure Orks have red blood.
Ferdiad chapter 3 . 5/16/2012
You seem to have a love affair with ellipses
Ferdiad chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Death Korps of Krieg are my favourite IG unit.
Flying Dice chapter 8 . 5/9/2012
I'm enjoying this quite a bit, and it is the only 40K/Nanoha crossover that has really caught my eye. Mainly reviewing to say that I hope you're still working on it, because I can't wait for the next part.
The greater pie chapter 8 . 2/9/2012
This is a very well written story, you seem to have gotten everyone in persinalithy.I only find the lack of ork prespective sad.
omegarulesall chapter 8 . 1/13/2012
awesome :) just plain awesome. Hmm wonder how fate or nanoha would react to a sudden siege at vivios location hehehehe, glory to chaos!
zer0light chapter 7 . 11/3/2011
i love this story. keep up the good work and good luck.
DarkJackel chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
I must say I was disapointed with Nanoha's infiltration, too few deaths and she had entirely too easy a time of it. I can only hope that daemons managed to possess the agents working with her. Towards the end I was hoping that a Bloodthirster would breat through just to give the fight a little excitement. Also it was a shame that all the crew seem to be dead. At least Fate's infiltration sounds like it was more challenging.

For a fic titled Cronicles of the Imperial War the Imperium really isn't involved at all. Merely one regerment of the Krieg. I can only hope that will change. At least the Orks are putting up a challenge and it sounds like the Krieg will be making a sneak attack on the capital. Certainly wish them great success in purging the city as the TSAB has had too easy a time of this.

Given we got to see a little desire from Tia and Subaru's depression I can only hope that more of the 40K universe will break through and their people will be tempted by the Ruinous Powers to walk the Path of Glory. Perhaps the gods will hear Teana's desire for flight and grant her wings? At the very least Subaru will give us a chance to enjoy the savagry of the Orks up close and personal.

Then again maybe sealing that anomoly was exactly what the Ruinous Powers needed Nanoha to do? It would certainly be an appropreate twist and keeps alive the hope that the TSAB, and all the dimensional universe, will burn. Anyways here is hoping for the future.

-_-Me-_-
Carlo Gesualdo chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Viper764 must have used Warp sorcery to read my mind and steal my review before I read your story, because he said everything I was going to. (Just kidding, if it's not already obvious.)

But, he/she is right- the Imperial Guard are good, Nanoha is unknown to me, and the Boizare underpowered- but that's alright by me, 'cuz I think that Orks are a bit bland.

Outside of that, it's nice to see a crossover written by someone who seems to know more than a little bit about BOTH franchises . . . woot.

(On another note, did I just read all of that in one sitting? I think I did . . .)
Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
There's a few formatting errors throughout the chapter, along with a handful of other typos. Content's solid, though.
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »