Reviews for CotIW: Unfortunate Meetings
Grimgor Ironhide chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
You know, After reading this again I take back what I put down in my last review. This is not slow, it was late at night when I read it and i don't know what I was thinking. The description of the ship was great! I don't know how much they are going to get out of a simple crewman but that will be fascinating to. Loved the presence you described Nanoha feeling, though I hope the whole ship is not about to explode or anything, it is to fascinating of an artifact for the TSAB to marvel over to lose it so quickly. Eager to see the upcoming fight with the contents of the transport ship.

Its good to see you back, hope you update soon.
AluciusDawn chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Yo, I was stoked to see this updated again. Love both verses, so watching them interact is a treat.

Desperately want to know where this story is headed.

And I enjoyed the new technical data section, gives a clearer view on how you interpret the Nanoha side of things as a whole.

Keep trucking, it's good to have you back.
Obssesed Nuker chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Excellent!

Only one note here: it looks like FFN screwed over your formatting on upload. The beginning of each scene is intermingled with the opening paragraph... might want to correct that.
Metal Vile chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Echoed sentiments, yay for new chapter.

Honestly though, I'm almost disappointed that they managed to seal the Warp Core distortion, as that basically closes a huge opportunity to bring more 40k players to the table. Unless I misunderstand how the core works, in which case killing it would in fact UNLEASH the possibility of Warp Spawn manifestation, in which case, they are in DEEP SHIT.

I think this chapter may have solidified my assessment that this is more of a "Experience traumatic episode" story rather than a "Are they going to survive?" story. It's still fun, since I loves me some 40k violence, but it safe to say that the Nanoha characters have this in the bag; it's just a question of when, how, and which important character will have to sacrifice themselves to defeat the final boss/close the door on the 40k 'verse.

Feel free to disagree, but I think its reasonably clear that their victory is inevitable.
HopelessRomanticist chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Hells yes, UPDATE!

I'm very tempted to start wanting Nanoha to turn off her stun mode, which would both increase her power AND make her shots rather more...lethal against biological targets. In fact, that amount of firepower would be rather stunning, seeing as she's pretty much a city-buster WITH her self-limitation on stunning magic, and keeping stun mode on is constantly draining her magic power. Remove that limit and...yeah... In fact, I kinda find it weird that TSAB command hasn't allowed their forces to stop using stun magic constantly and start using lethal magic. Given their opponents both are using Lethal/Mass Weaponry AND obviously lack any idea of the rules of combat/war and the idea of 'war crimes' and so on, you'd think that Command would at least allow the possibility. Then again, maybe this issue has been raised in an earlier chapter, and I've just forgotten.

Anyways, the Imperials, while I do support them in the 40kverse (Grey KnightsCustodio Guard yay!), are waaaay over the Nanohaverse's Moral Event Horizon. Yeah, most of my support for them has faded away, at least in this story. I kinda want the misunderstanding to be cleared up, but I also kinda want the Imperials (and certainly the Orks) to be wiped off the face of the planet. Though that would be difficult, given the difference in attitude to warfare, unless the TSAB just say "screw this" and orbital bombard them. A pity the A-e-Cs are out of the question, given the collatoral that would result...

Anyways, Huzzah! for the new chapter,

HR
Soup Fish chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Yes! Great to see your back! I hope you keep updating.

As for this chapter it was good, but I felt it was a little slow...

Knew that prisoner would commit suicide. I am eagerly awaiting the interrogation of the Commissar.
Soup Fish chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
You said it Viper764. :)

I would say that this is done just about as well as possible.
Myrrn chapter 7 . 5/1/2011
I like the story, I think you've done a great job working the two vastly different universes together.

For those who say the Imperial Guard are underpowered, I disagree entirely. First, for those who haven't looked into the Nanoha-verse, I suggest you don't make a statement like that without examining both universes. Characters in Nanoha are exceptionally powerful. Nanoha, by herself, can reduce entire cities to ashes with little effort. Very few 40k characters would be able to match her, excluding the top of each 40k totem, like Space Marine Chapter Masters. The TSAB is a multi-system entity with advanced technology, starships, and magic the Imperium has never encountered before. If they were facing the Imperium directly, they would no doubt get utterly massacred, however, they are only facing ONE SHIP filled with Imperial Guard. Moreover, they crash landed on their capital world. To expect the guard, who's primary advantage is usually inexhaustible manpower, to actually be able to steamroll the other side, is unrealistic. I feel the author is doing a great job of showing how much damage a relatively small group of soldiers with fantacism, strange technology, and the experience of unending war can do. Now, if it were an Astartes battle barge that crashed, I would be singing a different tune.

On the Orks, I definitely feel they are underpowered. They are supposed to be incredibly tough, and I can understand top class mages easily taking them out, but not line grunts. I'll give the benefit of the doubt here though, as other reviewers have mentioned, the terror of the orks is their ability in a WAAARRGGHH, and their inability to ever be completely extinguished due to spore reproduction.

I realize that neither 40k fans or Nanoha fans are happy here, but I think you're trying your best to accomplish a virtually impossible task. Keep it up!
Metal Vile chapter 7 . 4/14/2011
I guess I can't help but echo Kelthemos' sentiments of feeling like the main characters from Nanoha never really feel TRULY in danger. Perhaps you are cooking something up later down the line that will truly be a threat to them, but so far they have scrapped, largely only taking damage due to unfamiliarity with then enemy, rather than actually facing something that was truly threatening.

I think part of the problem is that their side is composed of main cast characters from an lengthy anime series, and thus have established characters and gravitas. Plot armor, basically, for you tropers out there.

The Imperials and Orks have nothing equivalent, really. They have no one who is important enough to be protected because they are a character of significance; sheerly by nature of 40k's setting, nearly anyone you include HAS to be a nobody, and therefore expendable. If you put an actualy canon personality into the story, chances are they would be far too powerful for the Nanoha characters in any situation beyond a "final showdown" scenario.

It simply comes down to expendables fighting main caast, named opponents who will inevitably survive them.
Soup Fish chapter 2 . 3/27/2011
I am really sorry to make a review only to comment on the lateness of an update but it has been a rather long time. I now that this took a long time to update before however so I am still holding out. Is this fic still going or has it been discontinued? If It has I am sad because it was great and was just getting warmed up.

Kelthemos of Nismon chapter 7 . 1/2/2011
"Magikul Gerl leerykul nanohah...wuzzat?"

Speaking from a strictly grammar oriented view, this story is fantastic. It flows, no dectectable spelling or flow issues, its long as hell but written damn well to boot. You have'nt rushed anything and it looks good.

However, as someone else stated, and I cannot remember who; the battle seqences feel almost one-sided. On one bit, you got your Heroic Female of the hour (so far no primary focus character has been male) kicking through swaths of guardsmen or da boyz and soaking up firepower like its nothing; while on the flip, the Kriegans and Orks, (the latter of which are among the most decimating races in 40k) are blippin' carboard cutouts who might as well be armed with flashlights for all the good they do. It feels cheating, that wave after wave of orks and kriegers are repelled in battle, but every time one of the main gals are actually ALMOST in danger, something comes along and they are whisked to safety with no worse than a few bumps and burns.

Simply dont get me started on the orks. While Dumbledor the Gay was certainly overstating their prowess, these are the guys that the Imperium uses to divert entire hive fleets! While you actually didn't do real bad with them (they just feel underpowered), I look forward to seeing if, or how, you incorporate the Waaagh! factor, which is arguably their greatest power. Awaiting further updates.

Despite my belly aching, you totally hooked me back in after the whole "interrogation of the prisoners" scene. It may be grisly and barbaric, but i loved it. And the fact that the Orks are here, means they are here to stay. Already the area they landed in is probably filled with spores, and new boyz are growing under the ground. Spores might be drifting on the wind, floating to some other unexpecting place. And even if they defeat the Krieg, even if they kill da orks, short of razing the planet to scorched earth, in a few years the boyz'll be back; a new green tides a comin'...

WAAAGH!
Xanthors chapter 7 . 12/22/2010
another very nice chapter, low on action but i assume its all for preperation for next one that will be action packed ;) there is another chapter comming right? pls say yes :)
Soup Fish chapter 7 . 12/1/2010
This story is incredible! I love it! you have a realy good theme going here backed up with quite a bit of talent, I dont know why this story has so few revews. I started this story with no concept of who the nanoha crew were but it was so well writen that I got hooked anyway. I will admit that after looking into the Nanoha verse I dont think that a commisar could wressle down Fate, A space marine could, but probably not a commisar.

I think that you get that a lot however and it was still uber cool so Im rolling with it 100%. I am a little sad that the only impirial forces are the Impirial guar though. this would be a perfect situation for a few space mariens or sisters of battle, or maby some impirial assasins. I hope that they wind up runing into at least somthing like that somhow. (Grey Knights :( )

That said I cans see that you do have a lot to work with as it is. I cant wait for them to meet tech priests and sanctoned pykers. I think those two will be expeshaly jaring for the Nanoha crew considering how hidious imperial cybernetics are compared to TSAB ones. Also i do belive that they will be highly disturbed by sanctiond Phykers as thay are all waked out and stutering, reading peoples minds and shaking with unstable energy. I hope that you recognise the diference between magic and Phyker power, and dont just have all there abilitys blocked by shields or domthing like that because having there difenses penitrated by a pyker will be quite a shock for the TSAB. (Mind Flay)

Anywhay wahtever hapens you have stumbeld apon maybe one of the more perfect crosovers as the TSAB is very high on the idealistic end of the scaile and the Impiruim is on the absolute botom of the synical scail. Nither can completly comprehend the other even if they did find out everything there was to know about the other. As such they will still come to at least comprehend the other a little better through contact. I dearly hope that you make a moment of realisation for the Nanoha crew when they finly get a rough grip of where the impirals stand on ehtics.

Anyway pleas update soon. :)
drinker chapter 7 . 11/16/2010
ahh you're making the TSAB seem so incompetant. Why the heck don't they combine forces with the navy to take out the invaders before they advance into the city.
I Am Disappoint chapter 7 . 11/13/2010
I was overjoyed when I saw a story featuring the Death Korps. I'd never seen Nanoha before, so I figured I'd pick up some tidbits from reading the story. Suffice to say, I doubt I'll ever watch it.

I try not to flame when I review, so I'll just state that it seems like you're intentionally underpowering the Warhammer factions. I don't know enough about Nanoha to truly say, but when characters are shrugging off plasma blasts, I start feeling cheated.

At no point in this story did I feel that any of the Nanoha characters where in any significant danger. It was incredibly obvious that every character from the anime who had a name was going to pull through by the skin of their teeth. There was no sense of impending death, no feel that the characters were doing anything more strenuous than stepping out for some air.

So, your story is very well-written grammar and spelling-wise, and the length of the chapters is exceptional and makes for an in-depth read of each chapter. Aside from those points, though, I had no sense at all of mortality in this supposed war fic.

Good luck with your story, but I doubt I will return.

Also, you accused DiG for using a Nazi slogan: "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Kaiser."

Um... The Nazi's didn't HAVE a Kaiser. They had a Fuhrer. The quote given was obviously something from the SECOND Reich, that is, the German Empire of World War 1. And given that the Kriegans are based off the Imperial German Army, why SHOULDN'T he use it when he obviously likes the Death Korps? If you're going to accuse someone of using Nazi imagery, at least be right about it.
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »