Reviews for CotIW: Unfortunate Meetings
DarkJackel chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
I must say I was disapointed with Nanoha's infiltration, too few deaths and she had entirely too easy a time of it. I can only hope that daemons managed to possess the agents working with her. Towards the end I was hoping that a Bloodthirster would breat through just to give the fight a little excitement. Also it was a shame that all the crew seem to be dead. At least Fate's infiltration sounds like it was more challenging.

For a fic titled Cronicles of the Imperial War the Imperium really isn't involved at all. Merely one regerment of the Krieg. I can only hope that will change. At least the Orks are putting up a challenge and it sounds like the Krieg will be making a sneak attack on the capital. Certainly wish them great success in purging the city as the TSAB has had too easy a time of this.

Given we got to see a little desire from Tia and Subaru's depression I can only hope that more of the 40K universe will break through and their people will be tempted by the Ruinous Powers to walk the Path of Glory. Perhaps the gods will hear Teana's desire for flight and grant her wings? At the very least Subaru will give us a chance to enjoy the savagry of the Orks up close and personal.

Then again maybe sealing that anomoly was exactly what the Ruinous Powers needed Nanoha to do? It would certainly be an appropreate twist and keeps alive the hope that the TSAB, and all the dimensional universe, will burn. Anyways here is hoping for the future.

-_-Me-_-
Carlo Gesualdo chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Viper764 must have used Warp sorcery to read my mind and steal my review before I read your story, because he said everything I was going to. (Just kidding, if it's not already obvious.)

But, he/she is right- the Imperial Guard are good, Nanoha is unknown to me, and the Boizare underpowered- but that's alright by me, 'cuz I think that Orks are a bit bland.

Outside of that, it's nice to see a crossover written by someone who seems to know more than a little bit about BOTH franchises . . . woot.

(On another note, did I just read all of that in one sitting? I think I did . . .)
Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
There's a few formatting errors throughout the chapter, along with a handful of other typos. Content's solid, though.
Grimgor Ironhide chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
You know, After reading this again I take back what I put down in my last review. This is not slow, it was late at night when I read it and i don't know what I was thinking. The description of the ship was great! I don't know how much they are going to get out of a simple crewman but that will be fascinating to. Loved the presence you described Nanoha feeling, though I hope the whole ship is not about to explode or anything, it is to fascinating of an artifact for the TSAB to marvel over to lose it so quickly. Eager to see the upcoming fight with the contents of the transport ship.

Its good to see you back, hope you update soon.
AluciusDawn chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Yo, I was stoked to see this updated again. Love both verses, so watching them interact is a treat.

Desperately want to know where this story is headed.

And I enjoyed the new technical data section, gives a clearer view on how you interpret the Nanoha side of things as a whole.

Keep trucking, it's good to have you back.
Obssesed Nuker chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Excellent!

Only one note here: it looks like FFN screwed over your formatting on upload. The beginning of each scene is intermingled with the opening paragraph... might want to correct that.
Metal Vile chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Echoed sentiments, yay for new chapter.

Honestly though, I'm almost disappointed that they managed to seal the Warp Core distortion, as that basically closes a huge opportunity to bring more 40k players to the table. Unless I misunderstand how the core works, in which case killing it would in fact UNLEASH the possibility of Warp Spawn manifestation, in which case, they are in DEEP SHIT.

I think this chapter may have solidified my assessment that this is more of a "Experience traumatic episode" story rather than a "Are they going to survive?" story. It's still fun, since I loves me some 40k violence, but it safe to say that the Nanoha characters have this in the bag; it's just a question of when, how, and which important character will have to sacrifice themselves to defeat the final boss/close the door on the 40k 'verse.

Feel free to disagree, but I think its reasonably clear that their victory is inevitable.
HopelessRomanticist chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Hells yes, UPDATE!

I'm very tempted to start wanting Nanoha to turn off her stun mode, which would both increase her power AND make her shots rather more...lethal against biological targets. In fact, that amount of firepower would be rather stunning, seeing as she's pretty much a city-buster WITH her self-limitation on stunning magic, and keeping stun mode on is constantly draining her magic power. Remove that limit and...yeah... In fact, I kinda find it weird that TSAB command hasn't allowed their forces to stop using stun magic constantly and start using lethal magic. Given their opponents both are using Lethal/Mass Weaponry AND obviously lack any idea of the rules of combat/war and the idea of 'war crimes' and so on, you'd think that Command would at least allow the possibility. Then again, maybe this issue has been raised in an earlier chapter, and I've just forgotten.

Anyways, the Imperials, while I do support them in the 40kverse (Grey KnightsCustodio Guard yay!), are waaaay over the Nanohaverse's Moral Event Horizon. Yeah, most of my support for them has faded away, at least in this story. I kinda want the misunderstanding to be cleared up, but I also kinda want the Imperials (and certainly the Orks) to be wiped off the face of the planet. Though that would be difficult, given the difference in attitude to warfare, unless the TSAB just say "screw this" and orbital bombard them. A pity the A-e-Cs are out of the question, given the collatoral that would result...

Anyways, Huzzah! for the new chapter,

HR
Soup Fish chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Yes! Great to see your back! I hope you keep updating.

As for this chapter it was good, but I felt it was a little slow...

Knew that prisoner would commit suicide. I am eagerly awaiting the interrogation of the Commissar.
Soup Fish chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
You said it Viper764. :)

I would say that this is done just about as well as possible.
Myrrn chapter 7 . 5/1/2011
I like the story, I think you've done a great job working the two vastly different universes together.

For those who say the Imperial Guard are underpowered, I disagree entirely. First, for those who haven't looked into the Nanoha-verse, I suggest you don't make a statement like that without examining both universes. Characters in Nanoha are exceptionally powerful. Nanoha, by herself, can reduce entire cities to ashes with little effort. Very few 40k characters would be able to match her, excluding the top of each 40k totem, like Space Marine Chapter Masters. The TSAB is a multi-system entity with advanced technology, starships, and magic the Imperium has never encountered before. If they were facing the Imperium directly, they would no doubt get utterly massacred, however, they are only facing ONE SHIP filled with Imperial Guard. Moreover, they crash landed on their capital world. To expect the guard, who's primary advantage is usually inexhaustible manpower, to actually be able to steamroll the other side, is unrealistic. I feel the author is doing a great job of showing how much damage a relatively small group of soldiers with fantacism, strange technology, and the experience of unending war can do. Now, if it were an Astartes battle barge that crashed, I would be singing a different tune.

On the Orks, I definitely feel they are underpowered. They are supposed to be incredibly tough, and I can understand top class mages easily taking them out, but not line grunts. I'll give the benefit of the doubt here though, as other reviewers have mentioned, the terror of the orks is their ability in a WAAARRGGHH, and their inability to ever be completely extinguished due to spore reproduction.

I realize that neither 40k fans or Nanoha fans are happy here, but I think you're trying your best to accomplish a virtually impossible task. Keep it up!
Metal Vile chapter 7 . 4/14/2011
I guess I can't help but echo Kelthemos' sentiments of feeling like the main characters from Nanoha never really feel TRULY in danger. Perhaps you are cooking something up later down the line that will truly be a threat to them, but so far they have scrapped, largely only taking damage due to unfamiliarity with then enemy, rather than actually facing something that was truly threatening.

I think part of the problem is that their side is composed of main cast characters from an lengthy anime series, and thus have established characters and gravitas. Plot armor, basically, for you tropers out there.

The Imperials and Orks have nothing equivalent, really. They have no one who is important enough to be protected because they are a character of significance; sheerly by nature of 40k's setting, nearly anyone you include HAS to be a nobody, and therefore expendable. If you put an actualy canon personality into the story, chances are they would be far too powerful for the Nanoha characters in any situation beyond a "final showdown" scenario.

It simply comes down to expendables fighting main caast, named opponents who will inevitably survive them.
Soup Fish chapter 2 . 3/27/2011
I am really sorry to make a review only to comment on the lateness of an update but it has been a rather long time. I now that this took a long time to update before however so I am still holding out. Is this fic still going or has it been discontinued? If It has I am sad because it was great and was just getting warmed up.

Kelthemos of Nismon chapter 7 . 1/2/2011
"Magikul Gerl leerykul nanohah...wuzzat?"

Speaking from a strictly grammar oriented view, this story is fantastic. It flows, no dectectable spelling or flow issues, its long as hell but written damn well to boot. You have'nt rushed anything and it looks good.

However, as someone else stated, and I cannot remember who; the battle seqences feel almost one-sided. On one bit, you got your Heroic Female of the hour (so far no primary focus character has been male) kicking through swaths of guardsmen or da boyz and soaking up firepower like its nothing; while on the flip, the Kriegans and Orks, (the latter of which are among the most decimating races in 40k) are blippin' carboard cutouts who might as well be armed with flashlights for all the good they do. It feels cheating, that wave after wave of orks and kriegers are repelled in battle, but every time one of the main gals are actually ALMOST in danger, something comes along and they are whisked to safety with no worse than a few bumps and burns.

Simply dont get me started on the orks. While Dumbledor the Gay was certainly overstating their prowess, these are the guys that the Imperium uses to divert entire hive fleets! While you actually didn't do real bad with them (they just feel underpowered), I look forward to seeing if, or how, you incorporate the Waaagh! factor, which is arguably their greatest power. Awaiting further updates.

Despite my belly aching, you totally hooked me back in after the whole "interrogation of the prisoners" scene. It may be grisly and barbaric, but i loved it. And the fact that the Orks are here, means they are here to stay. Already the area they landed in is probably filled with spores, and new boyz are growing under the ground. Spores might be drifting on the wind, floating to some other unexpecting place. And even if they defeat the Krieg, even if they kill da orks, short of razing the planet to scorched earth, in a few years the boyz'll be back; a new green tides a comin'...

WAAAGH!
Xanthors chapter 7 . 12/22/2010
another very nice chapter, low on action but i assume its all for preperation for next one that will be action packed ;) there is another chapter comming right? pls say yes :)
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »