Reviews for Indian Summer
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
I personally like to think he didn't kill Carla, even though people say the way he checks his shoes after he leaves the house indicates that blood was spilled. I wonder why you name the fic Indian Summer.
pennedbyme chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Ever thought of continuing this? This really got me hooked
Cleonie 'Jayne Mansfield' Quin chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Brilliantly written story, with so much thought obviously invested.

x
-C.Q
yarr chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I /really/ enjoyed this story. There are very few NCfOM stories out there and this one was well-written and interesting. Very good, hope you continue it sometime.
SaraSyco chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I see that its been a while since you uploaded this story but I just want to say this is very well written and contains a fascinating storyline. I really hope you consider to update soon. I know the influence of one review may not amount to much but please update :)
SaraSyco chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Annaliese39 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Very interesting so far. I am eager to see where you take this.
Hybrid Fabrications chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Been looking for something like this. I'll admit with some guilt that Anton intrigues me, ah, romantically, shall we say (call it an unwilling attraction to tall dark freaky characters). I've seen the movie and just finished the book (by far better than the flick, although I highly recommend both). Anyway, to get on with the review-while probably out of character, the idea that Carla Jean is pregnant and Chigurh holds off killing her (for the time being anyway) is an interesting one, and I think you can make it work, considering Chigurh's twisted ethics.

As long as the two don't stray out of character, i.e., Carla Jean becoming a badass/Anton turning into a hopeless romantic or forgetting his weird mental games, this has potential. Of course, you will have to think of a good reason for Anton to stick around, and for Carla Jean to not just up and try to run the hell away. Eventually the drug lords would figure out she doesn't have the money, and I'm sure Chigurh has other business to attend to. He doesn't seem to be a man who stays in one place for very long (indeed he probably can't).

Anton seems like he would enjoy playing more mental games with Carla. A sort of "mouse the cat couldn't quite swallow" relationship. I'm curious as to what his plans for the kid are, if any. The beauty of a character like Chigurh is that his mentality is so screwy, you could come up with an explanation for many things, provided you show readers a plenty of what's going in his head, and Carla's, respectively.

Sheriff Bell could also use some justice...wouldn't mind hearing from him again.

Structurally, the story is in tact. Didn't notice much in the ways of grammar, other than a few things, which I will detail. Llewelyn has three l's in his name. There's a gratuitous amount of adverbs in your story, I think I counted 3 in the first few sentences alone. Try trimming your sentences down, a little thick in places. The fanfiction will have more of a Western feel if you keep McCarthy's lack of quotation marks and back-and-forth, South Texan dialogue in mind.

And that about wraps it up. Feel free to shoot me a question if I was vague or if you want any more suggestions, or to just tell me my review sucks, as it may very well (don't get much practice at it).

-Hybrid
Halfmoonglasses chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Yay, I am the first Reviewer!

Ok, we all know, Chigur wouldn t do any of this, right? BUT this is a fanfiction and a very good one, too. I like the way you portray Carlas feelings. The atmosphere you create is very intense and you do a very good job with Chigur, too! I can imagine Javiers voioce *sigh* when he says something and that s great! Please keep it up!

I am glad I gave this story a chance!

By the way, you learn german? Cool! I am german and I know how hard it is to learn grammar etc.. Good luck for any exams or whatever it is your teacher "annoys" you with!