Reviews for Endless Waltz of Life
curlylizard97 chapter 3 . 4/22/2013
It was pretty good I must say. How everything lead up to the moment of where it first started. It was actually believable and although I was a bit skeptical about how this was going to be done I felt you did an incredible job revealing Rika's feelings and the process she had to go through. I also liked that you included Renamon searching for answers that could help her understand Rika more.
curlylizard97 chapter 2 . 4/22/2013
I don't know I have mixed feelings about this chapter. I feel like Jeri was allowing Rika to go for it with Takato...kinda like she was selling him to her if that makes any sense to you. Is just that their back and forth between each other with one convincing the other that she should give him a chance to the other telling the other that there was no way she could do that. I don't know but I'll see how the next chapter goes...has to be really convincing though with the skepticism that I have now :/
curlylizard97 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Took a mini break and now I'm back...okay interesting set up to the next chapters. Can't wait to read the rest.
kyil chapter 3 . 3/19/2010
The battle within herself thing was very well described and mirrors what I believe could happen in the anime world. Arguing with yourself, gee I bet we've all been through that. I guess it kinda surprised me when Rika's "pride" self came and defended her.

This fic was the best one yet and i'm not just saying this because rika admitted to herself she loved takato, but because I truely feel your writing style and formating of the story has improved compared to the last two. The first fic of this series was in a more beginner kind of format, but it quickly improved over time.

Anyway loved the fic and i must now go read the other part that is already posted up!
kyil chapter 2 . 3/19/2010
Great chapter, really worked out the emotion between jeri and rika. Finally the story of what happen between takato and jeri is revealed, man you kept that suspense and angst to know what had happen go on for so long. You know that feeling where you love it and hate it all at the same time, well that's how I feel about suspense. I mean where's the fun in the story if there isn't something that grabs at you, but then I also want to know and the waiting stinks.

On another note, Impmon's wat of talking was a bit hard to decifer at first, but slowly became used to it. Still I don't quite recall Impmon's speech quite like that, but that might just be me. Anyway great job, this fic really show an even greater improvement to your writing. Keep it up!
CyberPower chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
For starters, I must congratulate you for your story. It was well written, with exceptional depth and yet, not hard to understand. Most importantly of all, it was both compelling and descriptive, something difficult to achieve without usage of an extended (and tricky) vocabulary. Yet, I must warn you against the dark side of fiction...

In other words, it is my opinion that the main problem with this series is that for the purpose of making the story believable, you change many details of the series so as to match your ideas; for example, Takato knows Jeri for longer than Rika in the series (first met her in a dream). More obvious is the twist you give to events, like in the part where she dove to the D-Reaper, when only Ryo was watching, making it seem like if Takato was just about to take a plounge.

Anyway, I'm only saying that, although it is necessary to give our own "spin" on things, if we start changing events to suit our whim it becomes much easier to write a story, but not only is it not funfiction, as it is much harder to relate to.
roguespirit chapter 3 . 8/31/2009
First I would like to say that I loved this story and the entire series thus far.

I love your writing style. How you can be desriptive without bogging down in too much detail.

The best example I can think of is a line from the first chapter. My favorite in the whole story.

"Rika felt her blood turn to molten lava."

This line stuck in my mind for some reason, and I love it.

I have used the same sources as you for the romance parts in my fics since I also have ZERO experiance in that deparment. It certainly seems to have worked very well for you.

I very much look forward to your 'Big Fic' and the sequal to this story.

I don't know how you can write a whole chapter in one sitting. It takes me forever to do that. Of course part of the reason for that is I end up day dreaming about future parts of my fic. Sigh, like Takato my imagination can be a curse sometimes.

Hope you update soon.

~Rogue
Vanui chapter 3 . 8/30/2009
I thought that having fear and pride battle like that was pretty cool. And the red thread too. A good representation of what was happening in my opinion. Unique and creative.
Crazyeight chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
All in all, a very good chapter, and certainly very well detailed in Rika’s thought processes. I do however feel that it ran a little long and could have done with being chopped down a bit, but otherwise it was good. Like you I definitely think that Takato refusing to let go of Rika on Locomon would have been a clincher in how much Rika trusted him. Granted, the two of them had saved each other on numerous occasions, but that scene seemed…I don’t know. ‘Different’ somehow, especially with the way Rika looked when he’s telling her to hang on. I suppose it’s different because the situation looked pretty bad and risked taking them both down in the process, and in the end Takato not only told Rika to not just give up because it looked bad, but decided that even if it cost him his going down with her just to save her, than that was what he’d do. It’s very much like what Renamon would do actually, and Renamon has proven to be one of the very few people Rika trusted completely when the series was over.

Heh. I liked the ‘red thread’ imagery. I’m sure that you know about this already, but Japan (although it may have originated from China) has a legend about people being connected by ‘red threads of fate’. It’s something akin to ‘soul mates’. A bit odd that Rika would be ‘seeing it’. Is it metaphorical, or really what she’s seeing?

I’m uncertain as to what to make of Henry’s reasoning regarding Rika’s feelings for Takato. It seems like he’s making too great of a leap to say that ‘she had a crush on him’ at that stage in their relationship, even though she ultimately joined them in finding Guilmon (which could just as easily have been a pride thing). His reasoning about her following them because she was given (unintentionally) a choice and being on guard in the event that someone did try to tell her what to do sounds reasonable, especially in regards that she couldn’t have just sighted on ‘anybody’. I’m not quite sure how to phrase what I’m saying, but ‘crush’ seems a little too strong a word for their acquaintanceship in the early episodes.

There were numerous occasions, particularly in the middle of the story, where you misplaced Guilmon’s name with ‘Gulimon’, and at least one or two occasions where you got your ‘there’ and ‘their’ mixed up. Please remember that ‘their’ is possessive and ‘there’ focuses on places, points in actions, speech (etc), in that matter, particular, or respect (it has a few more uses, but that’s the bare basics of it). Please remember to proofread for those words and names that aren’t in the traditional dictionary like Guilmon’s name. Otherwise, you get incidents like ‘Gulimon’.

‘Till next time.

-Crazyeight
The Digital Typhoon chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
Good? Bad? Tolerable? How about absolutely sublime! Quite a fantastic fic that I can't wait to read the squeal of. You know what? This totally belongs in my C2, because you know what? Goggles get girls.

-The Digital Typhoon
keetongu chapter 3 . 8/28/2009
Ok, this is well written, except for one crucial part. Apostrophes. I know you know how and when to use them, but it's really inconsistent. There are few things more annoying than reading a possessive word as a plural, e.g. Terriermon's jokes becoming Terriermons (more than one Terriermon? DO NOT WANT) jokes.
Nolaquen265 chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
No worries, it was very good. I'm glad that you had Rika reasoning things out instead of letting her emotions and hormones control her and her responses. Yes, the progression of events is noticeably smooth (and I liked how you paralleled Rika and Henry's explanations for her caring for Takato), nothing in the grammar jumped out at me, etc. I'd say it's a success; this is a good way to write romance, I think. It's not sappy, for one thing-instead, it's building a firm foundation for whatever you want to do with it in the future. Congrats on that.
Pencils and Paper chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
Haha, simply wonderful. The beginning with the terms accept and admit was really smart and it really got me thinking about stuff like philosophy or something. I wasn't expecting any sort of kiss or anything from this story, and I wasn't I think it was very well worth the wait. Rika coming to terms with herself was the best. My favorite part was when her pride fights her fear. The form Rika's fear took was funny (well to me at least.). I really liked the fight between 'Rika' and 'Ryo' when the fear and pride clash. Interesting psychological thing you used for this piece. I liked how you incorporated some of the parts from the series in. Some of the episodes were so old that I kinda forgot though, and you're right. Guilmon is a rookie and he took down a Mega and a Champion. When 'Ryo' was tearing down her wall, I thought that was well written. The idea of how you made her fear tick off her pride was clever. It's cool how you explained it in your own way. Henry's conversation with Renamon was good, and I think it kind of mirrored what Rika was thinking, but the former was over-showered by the latter. The cord idea was cool too, and I can't wait for the other story as well as the big one. Did the fear take Ryo as its form because she lost to him? One more question: Is this story and the Four Year Through Our Eyes related to the big one? The story did seem kind of a bit bumpy a bit, but it was fine in then end. Can't wait for more updates. Sorry I didn't organize this review clearly. I'm on the bus and almost at my stop...
Pyroclastic flow chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
-Snorts- You pulled it off well enough.
light soceress chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
I really enjoy reading your stories. The way you wrote Ruki's emotions and her working out her emotions is really good. I felt that they were realistic. And I like how you tie everything in. Look forward to the next story you write. :)
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »