Reviews for Illusions of Safety
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 1/7/2018
Lee, no way! You can't be serious about sending Amanda back to that dealership to pick up YOUR car after what happened the first time! Dotty sure did a bang up job faking a heart attack! Never realized it till she told Lee. This story held my attention from start to finish and was jam-packed with so much tension! It also was extremely well-written, with attention to correct spelling, punctuation, etc. For a reader with a proofreader's eye, there were no pesky distractions just pure pleasure from that angle as well.
AlaskanFan chapter 1 . 6/21/2015
Wonderful illustration of how family life and Agency life would collide. Watching Amanda distance herself from her family in order to function as an agent was moving. Again (as in A Sixth of a Second) you show sharp insight into these characters. Very nicely done.
Debbie5 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Great story! I love how Amanda went into agent mode to protect the others. Great writing describing Lee's anguish as he looks on and really can't do anything until the very end!
justme66 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
its a great story but did yo usay they were picking up a vette? how can 3 people sit in one as in a baby seat

other than that I liked your fic
bloodwrites chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
What a fabulous fic! Action packed from start to finish, and I was so impressed with every aspect of your writing. You've perfectly captured the characters' voices (your Dotty is hilarious and utterly spot-on!) and done a beautiful job of balancing the sweet personal moments with some truly heart-stopping action. I especially loved your descriptions of Amanda with Emily - you've perfectly captured how conflicted Amanda would be between wanting to keep Emily in her arms and knowing that the best thing she can possibly do for everyone involved is to let Dotty take her daughter to safety. You have a wonderfully smooth, engaging, descriptive style that drew me along right to the very end. And action? I was on the edge of my seat from the time Amanda got the first inkling that something might be wrong at the dealership. Just... Great job. A fine story, and an excellent piece of writing!
Loretta the Contessa chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
great story. enjoyed it very much
smk123 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Read this a smk7 and loved it! What a great season closer but I wonder if there is some foreshadowing about Amanda leaving the Agency or at least the field? Sort of hope not as it's more exciting when they are in the thick of things. Anyway, thanks for the story

Charlie
resourceful chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Wonderful, suspenseful story. You took a beautiful, carefree day and turned it upside down in the blink of an eye.

I loved the sweet scenes in the Stetson-King household as the whole family paces itself around a new baby. I loved the visual of Lee's grin as he responds to Billy's inquiry about the baby - "Gorgeous, of course." Lee felt his face ache slightly as he smiled back. He'd never grinned so much and so broadly in his life, and the muscles were still getting used to it..."

The scenes with Amanda, Dotty and the baby were especially gripping and heart wrenching. There were many stirring lines like: "Amanda focused on adjusting her clothes, using each hook, each straightened wrinkle, to move more out of mother mode and more into agent mode... Agent first, woman second, mother last, she thought."

Lee as the helpless observer from afar added to the suspense and feelings of dread.

Thanks for sharing a powerful story. Bravo.