Reviews for Wonderful Tragic Mysterious
Interresting
Merkaba7734 chapter 1 . 1/30
This is lovely. I had considered off hand the similarities between Dumbledore and Luna in terms of their eccentricity/whimsy, but not the tragic parallels in their lives. Both characters are difficult for writers to get right, but I think you did them justice.

I particularly enjoyed the insight into a young and vulnerable Albus Dumbledore who is still struggling with the aftermath. I could feel the tension as he was faced with the temptation of the time turner and the chance to fix everything.

Luna was very well done too, and the portrait as a present for Harry was just very sweet and so Luna. Why not go decades and decades back in time, risk the time line and paint her very first magical portrait (difficult and time consuming endeavor) for a friend's bday gift?

The parallel between Ariana and Luna for AD was also very poignant. Between the physical resemblance, the distracted manner and the muggle boys following her, no wonder Albus makes that association. Beyond the worry he feels due to the situation in which they meet and Luna's resemblance to his sister, they form a palpable connection. Dumbledore seems so isolated and I can't imagine many other people being able to reach him. The scene as she comes to visit and say her goodbyes was wonderful and sad but hopeful.

One nit pick is that canonically Ariana died in the summer of 1899 and I think you have 1864 or so as a date. Anyway I just wanted to reiterate that I enjoyed this story. Thanks for writing and sharing!
Gladoo89 chapter 1 . 7/1/2017
I enjoyed a lot this oneshot. The subject is unexpected but treated beautifully, it's a sweet story. :)
newyn chapter 1 . 1/2/2017
Flawless! Brilliant writing through and through.
Estavius chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
I was expecting a reminisce on Dumbledore's part when he finally did see Luna, and was reminded of the days far far back in time.

... though I don't suppose anything would have changed with the bullying, as our knowledge of time turners says nothing would have that didn't already. Sad, in a way, assuming the 1900's follows canon, because that means that the one who helped Dumbledore out at his worst moments was let down by Dumbledore when they were, in turn, bullied and ostracized. But I digress.
Lioness1988 chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
A poignant little tale that I quite enjoyed. Thank you.
Amanthya chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
Fascinating. I wish there was a part 2 from an older Dumbledore's pov.
pjjammjamm chapter 1 . 10/25/2015
This is an absolutely beautiful story, so poignant and heartfelt and sad. One of the backstories to the characters of this series that struck me the most after finishing the books was the tale behind the Dumbledore brothers. I couldn't help thinking about how sad they must have been. Well done!
Tragedy of Fenwick chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Oh my goodness! This story is positively delightful. I don't even-I can't-I just needed this story in the worst way possible and I didn't even know until I read it. I do hope that in the future, you find the time/inspiration to write something else in the HP universe. You do it so well, after all. :)
UnicornMist chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
This was very sweet and touching to read. I think you captured Luna's essence perfectly.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
This is awesome
Spirit Seer chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
This is very sweet one-shot. I think that Luna going back in time in order to have a gift for Harry is a rather sweet, if somewhat dangerous idea (because it's going back in time), and I'm not entirely sure how she was able to convince the Department of Mysteries to give her one for that purpose (assuming they asked her), but I really, really enjoyed this story. It was a nice sort of different to see Albus right after his sister and mother died. (The year threw me for a loop. I was like, "OHMYGOSH our Civil War ended that year-he's OLD!" haha)

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Thank you for writing and sharing this. I really enjoyed it. :)
Elysia1 chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
This is brilliant. Very touching and poetically written. Thanks so much for sharing!
CharmedArtist chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
This is lovely. I've always loved Luna, and this was a very sweet little insight into how a young Albus Dumbledore might have reacted to the endearing oddness that is Luna Lovegood. (Also, I simply love your writing style!)
Mr.Bookworm85 chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Wow, that is seriously moving. Of course, Luna does it.