Reviews for Ode to Suspended Disbelief
jkhan chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
I read the reviews BEFORE i read this.

And I flinched too. .
Showna EJ chapter 1 . 1/15/2003
very very well written. yet, you can kinda forgive all fangirls (or at least I can) cause it is fun to imagine you're there. but when you put on the fact that they've never read the books, 9 times out of 10 it ruins it. o well, well done indeed.
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 11/28/2002
Yes! The last line - exactly what I've always believed. It's perfectly poetic: it says precisely what it needs to, and it does it elegantly. I've added that line to my "quote book." You could alternately be flattered or insulted: on that page already are Robert Frost, Paul Simon, and Groucho Marx...Perhaps you think I'm simply mad. You wouldn't be the only one. The bottom line is, I haven't read one of your stories that I haven't loved, so I'm adding you to my Favorite Authors list. And then I'm going to read more of your work.
Miran chapter 1 . 2/22/2002
Damn, will I live to see the day when I can read one of your poems without flinching?

We all know this moment while reading a really great story when we suddenly shiver, realizing for a splitsecond, that it is something beautiful, something worth remembering...

Not many stories or poems have evoked that special feeling in me, but I múst admit, this piece of work HAS.

It's my deepest wish to give this feeling back to someone someday...

-keep the flame!-
Iden's Garden chapter 1 . 12/29/2001
WOW...this poem was amazing!
Tabbycat2000 chapter 1 . 12/29/2001
Too true! And people wonder why some authors write self-inserts... it's not self-insertion, it's a recording of real happenings! (we wish, anyway)
AnimeX chapter 1 . 12/29/2001
do you know you made me cry? I hate being reminded that, that wonderful middle earth is just a woderful dream dreamt by no wizard but a human. It's such a shame to know this but this poem made it a little better knowing I'm not the only one. The feeling is sort of disappointing, like that feeling when you're little and you discover that Santa isn't real... a tiny bit of your magic is gone. Wonderful poem
Mainecoon chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Too true! Excellent! A very song-ish work, as well. I can hear it put to music, almost...
Melinda chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
That was beautiful, and I agree completely. Thank you for giving voice to such lovely confidence.*-*
Neya Trinidad chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Wow, that was really really cool. i love it
Forest Fae chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Ooooooo! That rocked! You non reviewing people are so mean! This fic-thingy had to have taken this brilliant author a very long time! every one is so mean. This is really good, Okay! Fine then, I'm leaving. PS~ I am in love with Legolas! don't ask what that has to do with anything.
ola chapter 1 . 12/28/2001