Reviews for THE TAKEOVER
Saramagician chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Wow! Very interesting! Thought of Severus complete isolation always make me sad!
Chemistress chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I am so glad: my absolute favourite subject to explore further...the last year in Hogwarts (as opposed to camping sites all over the country *gg*), and the focus on the teachers; I am looking forward to your updates!
skinnydipping chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
POOR MINERVA!Very sad.

Snape was SO mean! Can't wait to read the next part!

Kudos from Brazil.
lynna.4 chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
brillant, really well built and elaborated.

I don't usually read post HBP stories but I felt, from your precedent stories, this one would be more than interesting.

This is the best characterisation I've read from you so far, almost perfect. the plot in itself is not the most interesting point but the form is. You've put so much thoughts in it !

First brillant point : to have choose charcters who weren't principal ones to relate the arrival of Snape. We don't know Mcgonagall or snape feelings until late and it's in the same time frustrating and nerve-racking; it gives birth to a strange tension betewen wanting to know and fearing what the character may be feeling, how affect MM is or how dark SS has become.

it also imposes a real progression in the ambiance of the begining is kind of light: Poppy, Pomona and Fillius are somehow funny characters; and Fillius read a book ! but the following paragraphs become darker (and more painful.)

The second brillant point is to repeat the description of the scenes in the three first installements, and not to do so in the MM and SS parts. it sure marks the last two as special ones and put them face to face, aside from the plot. It's as if the form

was telling the story more than the plot, as if the real point of the story was to explore the strong link between these two people who have to put up with a situation that isn't decided by themself.

I feel that the last action/ section (with the stairs)

in MM part is a kind of parallel to the last paragraph of SS get worse for MM but in the dark, she isn't alone (Poppy and the castle.) SS is on control, in a most ensured place but he is so alone.

I like how you describe their feelings without giving so much.

Finally, the situation is kind of strange because the ever pragmatic MM hasn't have a plan, she 's just waiting for the day to end. On the other hand, SS has diabolic one but he is a pawn and don't seem to feel anything anymore. The fate seems the only one in charge here...
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
This is a part of the story I've always wanted to see told: the DH year from the teachers' (especially McGonagall's and Snape's) POVs. You do such a find job with it, LinZE - of showing the impossible positions they're all put in. Everyone is very much in character, and I'm glad we get to see more of people like Filius and Pomona and Poppy. (Your Filius is a dear, btw, but no pushover; I like your conception of him.) The handwriting symbolism is fun, too. So looking forward to the next installment.
the real snape chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Lovely, you're back.

I enjoyed the story as always. You do such a good job in keeping the teachers in character, and I'd love a continuation of the 7th year!

Just one very nit-picking thing: shouldn't it be 'School Roll'? I'm only mentioning it since it seems odd that Minerva's flawless copperplate might contain an error.
RachL8 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Intriguing! Looking forward to the rest of the story. Hope you're ok - will have to catch up with you in the holidays - life is crazy now, but only 2 more weeks to go! How's you? x
flamethrowerqueen chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Your characterization is impeccable. It's always a great feeling to read a good Minerva story, as well as other staff members, who are all sorely under-written. Severus, popular as he is, always takes on a new light when written by you, and it's a welcome change. I can't wait to keep reading this other side to DH, where we get to see the struggles that the staff went through and how they had to suffer silently for their students. 3
lilacmermaid33 chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Yay! I'm always interested in reading stories set at Hogwarts during this year. Especially ones with McGonagall and Snape - two of my favourite characters! I can't wait to read more.
aptasi chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Very interesting concept. I'll be watching to see where this goes. You do have some annoying typos though.
Selmak chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Lovely start. you will be continuing I hope? 7 year fics with the ADULT characters of HP. Yay!
Wiztine chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Yay, another Year 7 Hogwarts fic!
N Tonks Fan chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Really good story!

Can't wait for the next part! :)
dhawthorne chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
What an incredibly interesting beginning! I always love your stories, and this is no exception. I hope you update soon!