Reviews for Bridge to Burn
Noelle Joi chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
That was a really good story!
Her Name Is Erika chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Ariana, you my friend, are lucky I can review your oneshot since it’s like three in the morning and I’m loaded up on caffeine. I really don’t know why I did that, but yeah, I’m wide awake but in a weird state of mind. But that’s kind of irrelevant. On to the real review.

I loved this. I really did, because as always, you always break the mold. I love how you made Rebecca a waitress (Ooh, fun fact: Did you know that Daniela Monet is going to star alongside Victoria Justice in a show produced by Dan Schneider next year?). I could see her doing that in her small hometown but she must really hate working at Starbucks. But you put that setting in my head and it’s pleasant to imagine. Most people write Rebecca as the brooding girl who plans how to break up Chase and Zoey, and I kid you not. I’ve seen stories where they have James acting like this. Makes me cringe. I love that you made Rebecca move on with her life and gets a new boyfriend so different from Chase. Oddly, I can see Rebecca dating a goth guy.

And if I could high five Rebecca in real life, I seriously would. The comeback about Lana’s head meeting the countertop was so subtle and obvious at the same time and I giggled. Like a five year old who heard a dirty potty word for the first time. The girl is standing on her own two feet so props to that. Her life doesn’t revolve around Zoey-related, PCA Chase drama. Lana needs to be clocked in the mouth. That’s all I can say about it.

When Rebecca was saying that Chase looked like everything she had wanted in a boyfriend, I sort of got the impression that Rebecca was sort of having small, itty-bitty reservations for Chase. But then again, she could be guarding herself by putting walls up. That’s how some people cope: putting up walls, crying it out for a couple of days with a pint of ice-cream or people get creative. Me personally, I do options one and three and then I’m good.

Speaking of Chase, I have to say that he’s one of my characters but god, he’s such a douche here. If I had to choose between Rebecca, Zoey and Lana – I would have to say Rebecca because there’s realism to her and a rawness. Maybe Zoey too, if she were more flawed instead of the picture of utter perfection they have her on the show. I get that the boy’s trying to man up and own up to his mistake with the way he carelessly was like, “Yup, I kicked Rebecca to the curb! See ya!” Yeah, that was cold. I watched the episode without my Choey glasses on and was like, “Fuck, that’s callous, dude.” I could understand something like that from Logan because well, he’s Logan and if it were real life and he weren’t dating Quinn, he probably would have caught an STD with his girl-hopping. Lol. I didn’t expect that from Chase and it made me sympathetic for Rebecca for once. My Rebecca empathy is partly your fault but it’s all good. I forgive you but I’m glad I feel that way. No Rebecca-hate here!

I have to say this: Lana looks like the type of girl that would put out. Very easily. So, the girl probably cheated on Chase too. Lola was right when she said Chase was gullible and he’s naïve too.

I could see Rebecca taking up something like smoking to self-medicate. Maybe it’s just something else, but that’s how I see it.

Whoa, girl’s planning to be a young bride. Well, if it makes her happy and Trent in the one for her, then more power to her.

In the end, I don’t think Rebecca regretted dating Chase because it was a thing in her past and events of the past do shape who we are as people in the present.

This was a lovely oneshot. Major props to you.

In the meantime, I’m going to attempt to go to sleep.

-Erika