Reviews for Thou Shalt Not Suffer
korohoshi chapter 20 . 10/6
Still hopin for any kind of continuation of Michelle's story.
I adore this kid. Really really do.
The story itself is fun and the characters having this dynamics. Pretty interesring. Almost cried when I saw there were no next next chap nor another story.
Oh well. Im still waiting and hoping.
-a new fan of yours
"I'm not sure what exactly happened next, because my mum turned and glared at me and I ran back up stares."

This should say 'stairs' not 'stares'.
A Common Hero chapter 16 . 1/12
I guess if I have one criticism of this chapter (looking at the release vs finish dates of this story, perhaps a chapter you wrote several years ago), it would have to be... how does no one in that congregation know who Lily Evans actually is? Sure Harry's more famous than his parents, but his parents are still pretty famous, and they're waving around her essay as an important theological essay for their faith without having apparently put in any effort to know who the author is? (It would take ten seconds for Cedric's generation to learn her name).

I guess you just didn't want to put the "Boy Who Lived" legend into Michelle's ruminations. I'll agree that was probably for the best.
neogoki chapter 5 . 1/10
first the stay with her Aunt, then maybe Snape's visit and now the Mirror?
What the hell hero?
neogoki chapter 4 . 1/10
Seriously Dumbledore? Manipulating a little girl via her Aunt to circumvent her Parent's will?
Is the magical world that much in need of fresh blood?
Talonis Wolf chapter 20 . 12/18/2016
Well crap. I... I'll be honest, I was not expecting this to be as deep and moving as it was. Interesting? Different? Sure, but this really hit me in the feels, and I'm more or less religiously indifferent. You made me feel for Coplin, something which rarely happens without hitting certain... ah, triggers of mine which you never encountered directly in this fic.

Thank you for writing, this one is one I won't be forgetting for a long while!

Sincerely,
Talonis Wolf
squeegybug chapter 8 . 11/14/2016
I hope it burns to the ground. Well, as soon as you get back in the real world, walk into MI-5 with all the new tricks you've learned and show them the lot. If that doesn't convince them the Wizarding World needs a nuke dropped on it, nothing will.
squeegybug chapter 7 . 11/14/2016
Yes, your evangelical fundamentalist parents will come around. When they are in their seventies and you in your late forties, that should be long enough. Slytherin. Because you didn't have enough reasons to be afraid of magic. I'm sure some exposure to corrupt rich people up close and personal will do the trick. Don't forget to wave your Bible and scream, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" on your way out of Diagon Alley.
squeegybug chapter 6 . 11/14/2016
Yes, that is about the reaction that I would expect from someone from an Assemblies of God Church. But they didn't call the Prayer chain and try to pray the Devil out of her, so maybe they aren't as Good a Christians as you thought!
Angelfirenze chapter 2 . 11/8/2016
Okay, so obviously Aunt Amanda is a Muggleborn and her husband was a wizard. The two of them maintained that greenhouse and there was some sort of Luna's Mother!type accident within the greenhouse that killed her husband with some not-so-obvious plant like Devil's Snare or something?

I don't have Neville's love for Herbology so I'm just going to go forth with this very, very fantastic story. Bravo!
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
Oh, poor Dumbledore. I can't believe I feel I have cause to say that. Also, boo to the storyteller's (see, no spoilers!) parents for acting like this situation their child dreamed up just to piss them off.

I'm glad Laazov sent me your story's way. I don't often think about mixing religion and HP, but lately it's been an utterly fantastic idea.
Raingirl4513 chapter 20 . 10/20/2016
I want to thank you for this story. I am very much a Christian, and I love the Harry Potter books. I've often wondered how my family and I would react if I was a witch. While Thou Shalt Not Suffer is not exactly what I would've written, it displays the struggle so well.
I cringed at Amanda's clumsy explanations, and I thank you so much for Lily Evans's binder. I especially liked the ending; it has hope.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/3/2016
Very well written, great character development. Unfortunately, to me the MC is intolerable and a sociopath, but man are the characters complex. Great read, personal disagreements aside! Would rec.
LangelineGuest chapter 20 . 7/11/2016
Good job... glad you managed the end! ) thanks for attempting this! Hope none of my reviews were hurtful. You certainly achieved more than I did!
Guest chapter 19 . 7/11/2016
Amen! :D My head pastor told someone from church who is a prostitute and a mom not to come back to church till she stops being a prostitute. She has been a Christian for 5 years. Praying for her and him.