Reviews for Medieval II: Total War The Scottish Conquest
Trainalf chapter 2 . 1/1/2012
...Holy %$ . I never thought I'd ever see this updated, hence me not reviewing. But I must say this is a very detailed story that stays true and close to the game.
t-xdestrvge chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
I like this story so far. will you be coming out with more chapters later on?
AB Norway chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I have played this part some times and I really like playing Scotland - it is not nearly so hard as it is claimed to be!

No use in wasting power at independents. Go for Nottingham - all available power! When hope for recovery is weak, England will soon acquiesce. Then mop up independents at the British Isles - all of them.

Where now? Not England, still powerful. Over the North Sea You go, first at Norway - weak power, then march at Sweden as soon as you can. As soon as a new army has been established bring it back over and go for Denmark, You are probably already at war with this state. Establish trade with Russia and Holy Romans and Poland too if possible.

England has become stunted and crippled by now and is probably in dire straits against France. A quick backstab and then the British Isles are celtic once again. Kilts are marching through the streets of London!

You are probably going to become embroiled in a long-lasting conflict with France soon, so make ready for it. Begin with taking that last remaining English bastion of Normandy and the celtic brother land Brittany. Also take the last Danish bastion, probably in northern Germany.

Now France is a more beneficial enemy than Germany. Take the rest of the North Sea coastline - Belgium & Netherlands, then continue down the French seaboard. The struggle is likely to be long and hard but tenable. You will have to fight hard and with a keen tactical sense to be able to capture France before the plague strikes and all activity is put on hold.

By now the pope will start pushing heavier for scottish participation at papal conclaves and requesting assistance at crusades. Make those crusading fleets powerful, and go for Jerusalem. Make sure to put a good many priests along, they will be needed for pacification of the land. With their strong anti-cavalry infantry and light equipment the scots are well suited for warfare in the Middle East, better than many others.

With France under control You can start consider a war against the Holy Romans, and the Poles a little further away. The Germans will be tough opponents, the Poles less but they are so far away that distance will be an enemy too, the Hungarians are of the same sort as the Poles. And: Then stay contended in the East! The Mongolians are coming, Scots have no chance whatsoever against them in the field, try to remain friendly with them for as long as possible andbuild strong fortresses out east - defend them bitterly.

Celtic Dawn!

This is my take, what do You think?
RMcD94 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
It's Edinburgh.

Some minor spelling mistakes else where.

Seems clich├ęd, but I just want to know what happens.

I still like it. I like how you have the details. In fact, if that was all it was, a story like AAR, I'd be very happy.
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Not bad. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.