Reviews for 30 Minutes That Changed Everything
Kebinu Chiousu chapter 55 . 4/5
I loved the plot of this story. I have read it over the last week and look forward to reading the sequel. Please keep up the great work. I also enjoyed your story Not Normal and am following the sequel. Thanks again for another great story!
james foster chapter 55 . 4/3
Thank you for a very good story that keep me in it, and now I'm going on to the next book . But some places you meed to fix spelling.
Is most of this just going to be Sensei talking to them because that is getting really boring really fast. I'll finish this chapter and I'll continue with the next one but if there is more blabbing and no action I'm going to stop reading.
Okay, sorry, I *have* to put in a critique here - one that goes along with my previous critique of this series. In a previous chapter, you established that the three of them had *already managed to create* fully coporeal Patronuses, and Clarice's patronus was *not* a doe at that time. (Can't remember what it was at the moment, since it's been a few days since I read that chapter, but it definitely was Not a doe.)

As well, it's also established in that previous chapter that messaging via Patronus is *known* at the Watanabe School, and they learn it in Charms! So Sirius can't teach it to them, because *they already know it*!

Sorry, but internal consistency is very important in a story. I rather like the 30 Minutes series... but every time I read it, the inconsistencies between chapters start driving me nuts. Yes, I'm a little anal about that, I agree... but it just causes issues because you say one thing in one chapter, and then contradict yourself only a chapter (or two or three at most) later!
TheMajorsMate chapter 29 . 2/10
I'm a little confused with this chapter. In previous chapters, when Sirius was still in the hospital, Remus told him about Sensei, and also was given his original wand back when he was released from Azkaban. Just a note. Loving the book though, great storyline and well executed.
Hyena-Sennin chapter 21 . 1/29
Why doesn't Ginny fight for Harry's affection?!
harrynginnyinatree chapter 55 . 1/28
I thought that your story was really great and well thought out. You write really well and do very well on character development. I just started and finished your story within the last week and now I'm continuing on to the next one.

The one major complaint that I have is with continuity. There were a good amount of instances where you would explain something in one chapter, and then you would be explaining it again in another chapter, sometimes even to the same character, like it was supposed to be the first time they had heard it. Sometimes things would change between explanations as well, so that some of the story details changed two or three times or went back and forth in the way that something happened. It was usually with Sensei's explanations, but it occurred several times with the time change consequences or other details as well.

I liked the story as a whole, and I look forward to the next one, but it could be a bit annoying reading the same or varying explanations several different times.
Dagger-Seishin chapter 55 . 1/25
im looking forward to number 2 finishing it's going to be awesome!
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 15 . 1/25
Dumbledore quote: - "Clarice Lillian Potter was born July 12th, 1981. She was uninjured in the attack. You questioned me that night why I let Hagrid bring Harry to Surrey? Yes, I do trust him with my life - and Harry's. But I knew someone betrayed James and Lily and was certain it was Black. Black was there when I arrived, you know. He had just found the boy when the girl began to cry. I was certain he would have finished the job had I not arrived. I was surprised how he simply gave Harry up when I asked him to and asked him to see to the girl. Then again, he was her Godfather too.

"He was dating a Muggle who worked for the Muggle Government in some kind of work involving placing orphans with families. So I asked him to have Clarice placed out. He went his way, Hagrid and I went ours. -

A big mistake there. Dumbledore is telling the truth or lying, i do not know that. If he is telling the truth, then he sent a baby away with a supposed murderer insead of subduing said traitor, which could be so easy for him?
If he was lying, this was a very weak explanation, that even a 3 year old could see through. Either way, McG should have spotted it and become suspicious right away. Also, Dumbledore would never have done something so stupid (if he is good in your story) , or lied that badly (if he is evil in your story) .

In conclusion, this is a bit of a plot hole imo.
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 12 . 1/24
I have to admit, your writing is meticulous and you leave nothing unexplored. No mistakes, nice dialogues. But, the big but..

The information you have been coming up with and passing on within the last few chapters had been really interesting at first, but it is starting to get too much now. Too much info, no action at all, it gets very boring after a point. ( Basically, if i skip half a chapter like i did with this one and still understand the story in the next chapter, it probably means you overanalyzed things. )

You really need to somehow balance those two things ( action and information dumping ) , something that is not happening so far. Hopefully the story will not be so snail paced during its entirety, and we will see some action.
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 5 . 1/23
Your writing style is quite engaging. I do not care much for sob stories usually, but this one (well, concerning the five first chapters i have read at least ) is well written and touching. This is only the begining of the story, and i assume the ' atmosphere ' will change from this point on, but i still have to say: nice job so far!
In England not everybody has a school ID card.
thebetawholived chapter 55 . 1/6
This is a good story, creative, with a lot of interesting twists and turns. But as the author says, at the end, it is merely the end of the beginning.

None of the major conflicts are resolved, and the whole story seems to be building up to some action that has yet to happen.

I'm glad I read it, but I would feel more sanguine if the sequel were complete.
thebetawholived chapter 35 . 1/2
Once again meeting that Dumbledore I love to hate - the one infatuated by his own idea of the 'greater good.'
thebetawholived chapter 32 . 1/2
I wonder if Neville's magic is blocked, too, like Harry's was. Might explain a few things.
3,040 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »