Reviews for 30 Minutes That Changed Everything
Hortensia chapter 55 . 4/17
Wonderful, gorgeous story! Well written and never dull, so I’m happy there’s a sequel I can read after this. I do hope you’ll be able to finish all these great stories you have in the works!
Spica75 chapter 23 . 4/15
Experience beats physical age almost every time. Just try asking anyone with a medical condition that causes early or late puberty. Puberty by itself rarely makes much if any difference.

Went to school with a guy who effectively went through puberty before he even started school due to a hormonal thing that also left him easily the tallest in class(or year), and while he was a friend of mine, he was almost certainly one of THE most childish persons in my class.
Spica75 chapter 9 . 4/14
Something to take note of, going to church weekly in northwestern Europe? Not that common, not exactly "normal". UK has more of it than Nordic nations, but thats mostly Irish influence as Ireland is the one big exception in such matters.

And catholics? Just over 4 million of the UKs over 60 million are catholics, and out of those only a quarter are "regular churchgoers", which effectively means at least once a month, a majority of which have Irish roots or connections. Compared to the anglican church with 25 million members and less then 2 million "regulars". With the number of people going to church "every" sunday probably being less than a hundred thousand in all of UK, ie a tiny minority of less than 0.2 percent or one in 600.

Numbers from 2011.

And seriously, Hermione a serious catholic? Totally contrary to how she is shown. I know its AU, but that just stood out as outright opposite to original that it grated more than a little.
Spica75 chapter 8 . 4/14
I find it amusing that your guesstimates for magical population ended up with one figure EXACTLY the same as what i came up with. 60000 magicals and about twice that that frequent, interact with or at least know about that world was my best guestimate based on whats shown.

The supposedly canon "3000" number is so absurd its not even possible. For example, having a quidditch league with Ireland with over a dozen teams with such a tiny total population? Not to mention that there seems to be (many?) more teams than those in the league.
Number of pro football players in England is roughly 1 in 10000, while even an extremely low count for canon Potterverse would mean 1 in 40, meaning that the British leagues need to be expanded to 250 times the current size to equal the quidditich league... And of course thats before even considering that quidditch teams are not without reserves. Even if you utterly remove any and all other sports, the numbers comes up as laughable.

With a population of 3000, having a policeforce of 10 people would be vastly excessive, yet we are clearly shown that there are drastically more aurors than that. And aurors are supposed to be the elite.
Again showing the absurdity along with the ministry size you mentioned.

Excuse me for the rant.
azrael-rose chapter 13 . 4/12
There is at least one other possible interpretation of "the seventh month" and that is September. The name literally means "seventh" and it is a month, for all that it is numbered nine on our calendars. I don't see many fics put that one out there.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 55 . 4/1
A by-gods MASTERPIECE! BRAVO! BRAVO!
I'm going, now, to hopefully read Part deux, but I do wish to THANK YOU for sharing this INCREDIBLE masterwork with us; there are not enough superlatives to award such an amazing talent!
Yours, IN AWE,
MelJ
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 35 . 3/31
My guess is (or at least I'm hoping so) that Dumbledick's take on his manipulations of Harry & Co. are just his rationalizations for his actions, 'cause otherwise this totally contradicts Sensie's exposition about Dd's deeds and motivations, as stated in your early chapters. (There've been other continuity errors that I've allowed to slide, as for such a lengthy and intricately woven tale, such errors are to be expected.;-D)
I've always despised Dd and feel your original treatment (Harry/Sensie's presentation) of his TRUE rationale and DARK actions, hit closer to the mark for that character than most ff writers do. I really hope you're not going to try to 'redeem' the old bastard; I say BURN *HIM* AT THE STAKE!
On to the next chapter!
MelJ
Jiggly Joe chapter 20 . 3/26
"Never saw a cartoon from that country. Too old for that."

No... just... no.
Jiggly Joe chapter 9 . 3/26
Grmiacing at the seven year old logic for god, and grimacing harder due to the fact that logic on that matter rarely changes with age
Neresto chapter 13 . 3/28
Ugh... I can't take this story any longer. I was hoping that you would be able to curb some of the more ridiculous parts but I guess not. Honestly, Harry's the heir to two founders and hermione's also an heir through McGonagall? Not to mention the repetitiveness of some of the writing. I feel like the whole prophecy thing gets explained more than one.

"sensei"? Just no.

Magic school in Japan that can compress 5 years into a few months without aging them? I should have stopped reading then.

What finally got to me was the fact that you're revealing "sensei" to everyone. I feel like there would have been much better plot development if he could have been kept their "little secret". I wouldn't have even thought about revealing his presence until at least half way though the story.

Another thing! "sensei" keeps going on about chaos theory (props for even bringing this up since so few time travel fics do) but then completely disregards it by giving out all this information to McGonagall and company.

Weasley bashing? Come on! You had a good idea when you started this fic but then you lost your way about chapter 9 and thought "hmmm... how can I make this as cliche as possible?"

I read the review's for the next few chapters, and while I won't write anything in the way of spoilers, I will say that this trend ridiculousness definitely continues.

OK. I've said my peace. I'm sorry if I was blunt, but I really liked the beginning and I hate to see fics go off the rails like this when they could have been so much better.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 5 . 3/15
Mmm, British schools don't send people up or down a grade. We prefer to keep a child moving through with children their own age whilst fixing their learning difficulties (or helping them learn more) with extra classes.
I have no idea what the differences are on a day to day basis, but I would presume to think it is better that the child in question is not ostracised by their peers and socially crippled as a result of being held back or sent up out of step.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 4 . 3/15
We don't carry NHS cards either. Why would we? We have UNIVERSAL health care. Whilst we have certificates saying we are entitled, essentially everyone whom visits a doctor or other medical institution is assumed to be entitled because...well, we all are.
We don't have any ID really before a driving license, since we have no real need for one. I suspect it also makes it arder to commit ID fraud or have a fake one if you are under 18, since it's very easy to figure out whether you can drive or not...
desireejones99 chapter 10 . 3/4
A little over cautious, because his creation of Grindawald (shared his 'Greater Good' ideals too him) so he trys to keep things close to the vest and has lost sight of how to trust
MoltenCheese chapter 55 . 2/18
Incredible Story! Very well written! I enjoyed it very much!
HPChanger chapter 1 . 2/17
So, is this basically saying Skynet actually succeeded and destroyed all of mankind? And that the terminators killed everyone but The Curator? Because if so, that would be an awesom crossover.
3,124 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »