Reviews for 30 Minutes That Changed Everything
Jack Faire 2 chapter 10 . 9/15
You and I have different definitions of Evil. Someone who believe the ends justify the means, Dumbledore, is evil. Period. If a person can say "I agree with the means" that's fine by me I may disagree with their means but I can respect they believe in them. But a person who is all "I know the means are wrong and hurtful but the ends I need those ends" is an evil piece of scum.
YuunaFiction chapter 21 . 9/13
This doesn’t make any sense. You just established that they were better protected than ever. People wouldn’t remember them but the first thing Ginny does is blurt out his name? That doesn’t make any sense.

Secondly, for a child like Harry who’s been so heavily abused all his life he would speak like that, at all. Who blurts out their life story like that? No one. Especially not a small boy who got beaten an inch of his life because he might look like he smiled.

I got what you’re trying to do - redeem them and all. But seriously?
"Its current form must die and a better form for all mankind must rise from the ashes."
"Prank the world!"

Oh, I see you're going with the standard one-note Sirius who can't think of anything but pranks no matter what the topic.

A shame.
iamjmph01 chapter 36 . 8/31
I love this story i really do but there was so much wrong with this chapter...
Earlier in the story they could cast a corporeal patronus in Japan(the forms are mentioned and everything), but now they are just getting it. Sirius showed off his animagus form in the first meeting with the kids, and yet she didn't know about it now? You have flipped and flopped on Hermione's biological fathers name through out, but in the chapter you have Minerva talking about them. In one sentence she calls him eric, in the very next one david. The grangers already knew all this about the magical heir thing but react like its new info. And for the final thing I can remember... the founders tower is mentioned earlier in the story. The conversation has, at least, Minnie, the Kids, Sensei, and the Grangers in it, yet again, Minnie is acting surprised Harry knows about it?

I do love your work and am sad to see I probably will never get anything new from you again. I hope you are alive and well and just don't write anymore. I'm not sure you'll ever even see this, but i had t get it off my chest.
Wow, it's a good thing they're not trying to hide who they are, especially from people who associate with Albus, otherwise the kids and the parents running their mouths and name dropping for no reason would have seemed really reckless.

Also, thank god there's no anti-bullying or harassment laws in the wizarding world, otherwise there'd be no way to perpetuate the Gryfindor/Slytherin hatred. Woo, go sexual harassment of minors in a co-ed school!

Really...
You probably could have condensed the last 8-10 chapters into a single chapter. You're constantly repeating things (or occasionally changing what you've already said) and having people discuss the same points over and over.

And it's really not interesting to have half a dozen chapters of, essentially, exposition and info-dumping. Especially when it's repetitive.
It's always a bit annoying when authors use the 'accelerated time learning' cliche. Not because there's anything inherently wrong with it, but because it's usually completely useless or pointless.

Oh, Harry and Hermione will be getting 5 years of education in a month? And they'll do it 4 times before getting to Hogwarts? Hood for them. So that means they'll never have any problems because they'll know everything they need to know?

No. They'll still have just as much difficulty. Because *drama*. At which point why do they bother training in the first place?

I really hope that's not the case here. I guess I'll find out.
"Sounds silly to me," Hermione said. "Honestly! They don't care when we can't control magic, but they do when we're learning how?"

Technically, this makes the most sense.

If you can't control what you're doing, punishing people for it or trying to regulate it in Amy way is doomed to fail.

On the other hand, if you're supposed to have at least some measure of control, then you're responsible for your actions. Especially when you consider the secrecy laws which imply you shouldn't be doing anything at all because you're too young to fix any problems you might cause that would reveal the entire magical world.

The British wizarding government might have a lot of problems, but their monitoring of magic in non-magical areas is not one of them.
iamjmph01 chapter 50 . 8/29
I do honestly hope that you are fine, and just stopped writing... also hope you still at least read reviews...Ok, im rereading this one again, and had to search to find this chapter, because I remembered this bit after reading chapter 14. And i have to say, i have absolutely no idea how the two portrayals of Malfoy add up... In one he was" on the verge of his life long ambition" of having "lesser mortals" bow and pay tribute to him and his master. These are his thoughts along with Harry being a half-breed abomination.

The Malfoy of this chapter actually worked for the "lesser mortals" and was only a DE cause they asked him to be. For someone who hates Harry Potter for prevent his "rise" and considers him "to low to breath the same air" for having non-magical grandparents, I just can not see any way he would work with non-magicals. If just having non-magical relatives, when both his parents were magical makes him filth and have corrupt blood?

This is my biggest problem with this story. It just doesn't make sense...

BUt as this is my 7th reread, I can assure you i do love this one. I know its been seven years since your last update, but if you ever get back to writing, completing this series would be amazing.

Hope all is well, and thank you for writing and sharing...
Bronze chapter 21 . 8/26
Oh buy Merlin's flaming underwear! Percy pulled a prank?! Charlie said he and Bill would get him to loosen up and play pranks but this?! Maybe he won't end up working for the Ministry of/for Morons as a Brownnoser! Oh, poor Mini! Fred, George, Charlie, Bill and Percy all working together to pull pranks. She'll be white haired before the first term of the next year ends! Maybe working together they can prank Fumblemort in his office!
MSgt SilverDollar and Snake chapter 8 . 8/28
I fail to understand why some people don't realize that fan fiction by definition is not canon. The 7 books penned by JKR make up canon, everything else is an opinion.
Grest start by the way.
For those who don't like it, find something you do like in one or more of over 750,000 HP stories on this site. Of course you could write and post a story of your own.
~~ Snake ~~
Bronze chapter 16 . 8/24
Damn glad you said NO BROTHER X SISTER love scenes nor Harry X Hermione love scenes till much later! Now I can see Harry having two wives. One for each line with Luna being the second. Of course that'll put a mega spanner in Fumblemort's plans but, that's his problem! He's already killed the human race off once! Why give him a second shot at it?!
Bronze chapter 13 . 8/24
Always knew the damn thing was phony!
Bronze chapter 1 . 8/23
Not the exact quote but close. But then, who the hell knows how long that saying's been around! The quote I know comes from the Starslayer comic book. Would the last person leaving Earth please turn off the lights? It's not really part of the storyline. It's graffiti on a wall in the background of one panel in the comic. Anywho, this seems like an interesting story. I already know ol' Fumblemort won't approve of Harry not being under his control. Nor Harry killing the Death Eaters. Which is something I've never understood about Canon Fumblemort. Why did he insist on keeping Murders, Rapists and those that enjoy torturing their victims alive. It just never made any kind of sense! He had to know from the first war with Riddle that his Death Eaters were either allowed to escape or bribed their way out and went right back to murdering, raping and torturing.
kevincolina36 chapter 55 . 8/8
This is just making the story almost quite redundant lots and lots of character progression with little to no story progression.
3,635 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »