Reviews for 30 Minutes That Changed Everything
Great story, loved it
cyclone1969 chapter 55 . 8/8
loved part 1 now of to read part 2
Dave Cochrane chapter 8 . 7/18
Why are two small children age at most 8 and 7 talking as if they were adults and not freaking out seeing an Avatar theirs more but I guess I will leave unsaid just seems to young for the story.

DaveC
buzzbumble chapter 22 . 7/14
I know this is probably too late now considering this story is complete but you are using the wrong word...Strait is like talking about a stretch of sea ie:the cook strait which is a mass of sea between the north and south island of New Zealand...The word you should have used is spelt "Straight"..
rowenasheir chapter 55 . 7/12
An amazing epic. Can't wait to see what AD comes up with, the kids are always two steps ahead thanks to their parents and sensei
Bludflag chapter 2 . 7/11
Typo spotted! The last line;
The old man - the Avator - smiled and slowly dissolved into his essence.
the Avatar
I agree with you, the way other people make Harry hijack his own body is rather creepy and unethical. The argument of 'Everybody died!' is offset by your fic. I rather like yourfic more than the bull S'Tarkan wrote. We don't want canon rehash dammit!
Sorry for rambling away, but it's 1 PM here and I need to impose some rules on myself.
Get to the damn bed before 2 PM should be one of them.
Sue Clover chapter 21 . 7/4
What do you mean their teeth were fine? You said earlier Harry had cavities. Did they fix that at the hospital, or what?
Sue Clover chapter 14 . 7/4
Okay, so there is a sister. Cool. Good to know. And they just met her, and they're going to have her live with them? I guess. But they don't know if she has magic or anything, but I guess they probably wouldn't keep too many secrets from her even if she didn't as soon as they were sure they could trust her. They're not bigots. This'll be fun.
Sue Clover chapter 12 . 7/4
I knew it! As soon as you mentioned the Magical Heir of Hufflepuff and I started to think about it, I thought of Luna and really wished it would be her, and then you described her and I'm so happy! I love Luna.
The whole thing where Dumbles gets Mrs. Weasley to get Ginny obsessed with Harry I have heard before, and it's pretty chilling and manipulative, and while it doesn't fit into my personal headcanon this is an AU, so it's cool. I normally ship canon ships for convenience, but I find I can ship almost anything if it is written well. And I'm glad that despite the manipulation you're not making the Weasleys into the bad guys. I hate when people want to ship someone other than canon pairings and they then vilify the characters they see as in the way of their ship. You paint them as misguided people who were mostly good and could have been great but who had flaws that ended up ruining their lives unintentionally. I like that kind of characterization best, so thanks for that.
Sue Clover chapter 10 . 7/4
I really enjoyed Minerva's rant. It was the best.
That said, thank you for not making Albus evil. He was one of my favorite characters in the books. Sure he's manipulative and misguided and made a lot of mistakes, but he did truly care for Harry and had a lot of hard decisions to make, and definitely a good person.
Besides, while the emotional abuse and neglect is canon, I don't believe it was ever mentioned in the books that he was ever physically abused by the Dursleys. I think that's crucial to Dumbles' characterization. There's also the fact that the blood wards were based on Lily's love, and I believe that if the Dursleys had actually cared for Harry, the wards could have been so much stronger, and Albus was blinded by his hope for that eventuality. My own headcanon, but still.
Anyway, he was definitely misguided, and in this AU where the Dursleys were undeniably and stated outright to be horrible child abusers, he made an even bigger mistake in leaving Harry there. He definitely needed to be taken a peg down.
I like the whole history you're weaving here. A lot of it makes a lot of sense, and it fills in a lot of gaps. I'd enjoy the story just for that, but I like the rest of the plot, too.
A great story, albeit a bit heavy on repetition and in-detail exhaustion of subjects(see:Ancient line inheritance complete detailing) However, this makes for excellent world-building.

It's "couldn't care less" for a minimum of caring.
You sure know how to wrench at heartstrings.
"Eugenics? What's that?" "It postulated that Western Europeans were a superior race of humans and was then used to justify their global empires and right to rule over and dominate all other 'lesser' cultures. It was eventually further perverted in Germany and used to justify the extermination of other cultures by the Nazis in the 1940's. It too has no basis in reality"
No, that's race science. Eugenics is the idea/practice of improving the human gene pool. Putting the ideas together, of course, yielded many "racial cleansings", but you shouldn't conflate the ideas.

The story is enjoyable but beset here and there by minor typos that a spellchecker cannot catch.
The plant name is Mimbulus Mimbletonia. :-)
Lycanthromancer chapter 39 . 6/18
I can't help but notice that you have misspelled "Grindelwald" every single time, throughout the entire story. Not a single instance was spelled properly. Anywhere.
3,146 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »