Reviews for 30 Minutes That Changed Everything
tyrannicpuppy chapter 20 . 5/16/2018
A boatload more info than we ever received on the Grangers. Which is a point that bugs me to no end about canon.

This story is shaping up to something truly special at the rate things are going now. I cannot wait to see or Beardy's face when Harry Potter arrives at school.

Hermione is fantastic as always, and I am looking forward to watching their friendship blossom. And with a little sister to boot. Should be very interesting going forwards.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 7 . 5/16/2018
I should be sleeping right now, but I keep letting the 'one more chapter' urge win. It's just so good. I want to devour it all right now, work be damned. But work tomorrow I must so here I pause. I am really enjoying this and cannot wait to continue.
subzeus chapter 1 . 5/8/2018
Ugh. I don't know why so many authors have their time travel fics take place when Harry is 11. You have done even worse and made him younger! Who wants to read fanfiction about an 8 year old kid?
Books85 chapter 55 . 4/10/2018
This is my second read through, and I suspect that this review won't post, since I probably reviewed before . I just don't want to not give you the appreciation that is due you for the amazing wòrĺd-building involved in this fic. Apparently some reviewers coplaie about the lists that you frequently add to particularly detail-ŕìch chapters. I disagree. This is one of my favorite storìes. Thank you .
Guest chapter 22 . 4/5/2018
I have absolutely no idea what's going on. You've messed up the characters! Shame on you.
David chapter 55 . 3/28/2018
I loved this book, a real page turner. I hope I can find the next book. Thank you.
Guest chapter 55 . 3/26/2018
Awesome story. Can't wait to read the next part. Thank you for sharing.
Pathseekerme chapter 37 . 3/25/2018
The sheer amount of detail you have included in your story is astounding! Especially in this chapter and the one preceding it... And your characters seem so 3D and so real! I taught Creative Writing for almost 25 years, and I have to say I am very impressed with your work.
David chapter 7 . 3/17/2018
This is a great story. Love reading it. Interesting take on time travel. They are doing more than Butterflies wings, so the future will change.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 44 . 3/12/2018
Okay, I'm shocked; SHOCKED that for as many times as I've read this fic and its sequel, I've never commented on this chapter!
First off: Though History (and especially us Americans; with our *love* of revisionism about our destructive and shameful past!) wishes to lay the mantle of 'Most Bloodthirsty Dictator', ever, on the shoulders of Adolf Hitler (the pansy-assed, little druggy!), in terms of entry into the 'Genocide Hall of Infamy', he would be considered a 'piker'...And the ideas for his 'Master Race' and the 'Final Solution' were not original with him, either: He fully acknowledged that he owed a debt of gratitude to and deep admiration for the concepts derived and touted by the *Americans*!
My AMERICAN government did and continue to commit, by willful, direct, and fully cognizant Policies, GENOCIDE on the Native Populations resident within its borders! That is FACT not speculation, no matter how WE might wish to dismiss or minimize the claim. The numbers vary from a LOW of 9 MILLION and climb higher as the numbers of dead rise due to Governmental policies of enforced poverty, WILLFULLY CONTAMINATED WATER supplies (currently!) and soils, inadequate or absent healthcare professionals and/or facilities (these are dictated and administered by the Bureau of Indian Affairs; no additional aid may be rendered unless they wade through the morass of 'red tape'!), and the seeming genetic heritability to addictive substances.
The extolled 'genius' and subsequent rush to create and enforce policies of the 'Eugenics Movement' of the early 20th century, led to the forced sterilizations of hundreds of thousands, if not over a million people; men, women, and *children* for the 'crime' of being 'genetically "unfit"' due to being: Of NON-WHITE ethnicity, mentally ill, 'promiscuous', and/or POOR!
Adolf Hitler espoused and praised both these ideological policies of OUR Country / OUR Government and embraced them as the cornerstones for his bid for world domination!

I wished to comment on your characterization of the Wizengamot. You said: "While what I am about to say does not apply to all Ministry employees, it does apply to that organization as an institution. The Ministry is not about governing, per se. It is about protecting the interests of the members of the Wizengamot, Purebloods and its senior officials in that order. The rest of the Wizarding World is to be placated and kept quiet. The Ministry controls the Press, stifles education and free expression, bans 'subversive' books and outlaws certain magic. In my opinion, the laws exist to keep the vast majority of witches and wizards ignorant and weak. Should the average witch or wizard achieve their full magical protection, the Ministry would be unable to maintain control and would lose its monopolies on power."
Don't you agree that that's a pretty factual depiction of OUR State and Federal Legislative bodies? And I believe that it's worse today, than it was when you wrote this!
You put some powerful concepts into this chapter, but the whole story is still one of my favorites, ever!
I hope you're okay and just taking an, albeit; overlong break.
Take care and try to come back, soon?
Thanks!
MelJ
Jake Crepeau chapter 24 . 3/11/2018
Okay, I'm not sure if it's a typo or a misused word, but it's a major mistake with a meaning totally opposite what you intend. You wrote "decedent" when you meant "descendant." "Decedent" is the formal term for someone who has died (from "deceased"). A descendant is one who is descended from an ancestor. Harry is descended from Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin. He was nearly a decedent when his uncle got done with him.
Jake Crepeau chapter 21 . 3/11/2018
I'm a woman and I still don't understand why women make such a big deal out of the toilet seat. I grew up with three brothers; look before you sit was part of my potty training! One assumed today's women at least had a father growing up; they still should have learned to look. I'm with Harry: Is it really that hard to look first?
Jake Crepeau chapter 13 . 3/11/2018
I love your analysis of the prophecy. Jordre and I pounced on the difference between "live" and "survive" at the time the whole prophecy was revealed in the books, but there is indeed so much more to it. Though I would modify that statement that prophecies are never clear until they are fulfilled to say, MOST prophecies. There are a few Biblical ones that were very clear, and their meaning was clearly understood by the Jews of the time...all of them pertaining to the birth of Jesus. And the Grangers, as Catholics, would have pointed that out. But it's beyond the scope of the story, so I can easily give that a pass.

I like the way this story is going so far.
Jake Crepeau chapter 10 . 3/11/2018
"Insular" is an understatement. Even people who come from storybook families know that child abuse exists. With his dead certainty that family is always the best option, that no family turns on each other, ever...he's refusing to see the nose on his face.
Jake Crepeau chapter 8 . 3/11/2018
There's also the fact that not everyone can afford to send their kids to a boarding school, and any theoretical scholarships still don't make up the difference. Hogwarts is simply too small for the size of the population. (The Weasleys cannot possibly be the only large wizarding family in Britain. I think in her writing, JKR unconsciously reflected the real world, where people consciously deliberately limit the size of their families.)
3,720 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »