Reviews for 30 Minutes That Changed Everything
Guest chapter 47 . 6/6/2018
Good golly, the plot seems to have been buried under all this useless bloat you keep adding. No action at all. Just people telling stories. This is boring!
Guest chapter 45 . 6/6/2018
So much useless bloat and repeats. You need a new editor who can keep you on track. Long introductions are not done in the middle of a medical emergency. Makes you as an author sound pretty stupid. Stay on target. You have a plot don’t you? I havnt seen hide not hair of it for many chapters that wasn’t already repeated as nausium from previous chapters. You still have your characters asking questions they already know the answers to either because the discussion happened already or they would have learned it school. Having them keep asking such things makes them seem to be forgetful or stupid.
Guest chapter 43 . 6/6/2018
Almost this entire chapter was pointless and only served to have one of the main characters act OOC for your fake drama. It’s agrevating. I don’t think I will be reading anything else of yours if this shit KEEPS cropping up. Stop with the added and unneeded fake dramatics. You throw this bullshit in willy nilly and its bloating and dragging your entire story down.
Guest chapter 42 . 6/6/2018
The whole moral argument with hermione was pointless and anger inducing. She’s not that fucking stupid and has already studied war in depth. This whole argument was agrevating as it wouldn’t have happened. You shoe horned the character on a way that makes me dislike your way of writing. You also repeat yourself very frequently as if you forget your characters have Already had a discussion and know but ask pointless questions they know the answer to. Sensai you also have acting like a moron as he is not giving as much info that is FUCKING relavent as he could. You have years going by and certain actions are just kind of waiting until you think they would dramatically affect the story instead of what people would actually do. You as an author need to realize people prioritize. They won’t get super wrapped up in trivialities when lives are on the line and ignore important fucking information for months or years. Stop trying to dramatically increase tension in such a retarded manner. It just makes me detest your “stupid” characters as well as the mind behind them i.e. you the author.
Face Yourself chapter 25 . 5/28/2018
The escalation of adding more and more family members over this story has gone right past ridiculous. Secret granddaughter, secret sister, unknown uncle, possibly-alive brother - will it ever end? Will one of these rumors or suspicions ever prove false? It was alright while, say, Minerva was essential to the plot and Clarise was an added twist (though I really hoped she'd be a false rumor or a total shock to older-Harry or proof of AU or something), but Minerva doing a 180 on "you're my only living family" all of a sudden and going "except maybe this brother who nobody knows if he's alive or not" is devastating to her previous characterization, and adding yet-another-Evans was just silly.

It really doesn't help that you keep getting canon names wrong - Charlus Potter, not Charles. Hermione *Jean* Granger, not Jane. It's annoying, it breaks immersion, and it screws with the world in such a way that, combined with the endless recapping and frequent grammar and spelling errors, makes me ask why I should even bother.
Face Yourself chapter 22 . 5/28/2018
James Thickey Ward? Shouldn't that be Janus Thickery? Meh, minor things that are jarring but don't *quite* pull you out of the story. Barely. For long.
Face Yourself chapter 17 . 5/27/2018
I find it very strange that the Japanese magic school would run from mid August to mid June, when the normal school year there runs from early April to... well... mid/late March. (With typical breaks running *generally* around July 20 to August 20, December 23 to January 7, and March 25 to April 7.) The new year and age cutoff is in early spring though, in any case, not summer/fall.

I *guess* the summer program being worldwide kind of excuses it, if they want to be accessable and such since a lot of the world does that bit, but even then it seems more likely they'd just start the summer month-long break a bit earlier and start their summer program a bit later, slotting it in during the break period or something... it just makes more sense to have their school year match the other local school year, to minimize disruption switching from one to the other. Then again, I guess mid-year transfers aren't unheard of by any means, and the summer break is *longer* typically than the spring break, but it's also in the middle of the *semester,* not just the year so... meh. Justifications for and against. Still weird.
Custos Lupus chapter 55 . 5/19/2018
I really enjoyed this story. I'm normally terrible about reviewing between chapters, but that may be because I don't normally read stories that aren't complete. When I get into a story and finish a chapter the only thing I'm thinking about is finding out what happens next, lol. I'm trying to be better about at least reviewing at the end though.

I liked how the time travel element of this story was done. I read many stories of Harry going back in time and either bring another older version of himself in the same time as the younger version is alive or when the soul or consciousness or whatever merged into the young Harry and then goes from there. This was a nice and different way of doing this type of story and it read very well. Also, while I don't mind the"Super-Harry" stories, I like how this story was able to show that Harry was really smart, but was still just like everyone else when it came to what he was able to do with those smarts. He couldn't take on full grown adults at his young age just like any real child couldn't, but it did leave things to the imagination of just what he might be able to do in the future when he's older and his magic had grown to catch up with his capabilities he's learned. I'm really looking forward to reading the sequel to this story.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 20 . 5/16/2018
A boatload more info than we ever received on the Grangers. Which is a point that bugs me to no end about canon.

This story is shaping up to something truly special at the rate things are going now. I cannot wait to see or Beardy's face when Harry Potter arrives at school.

Hermione is fantastic as always, and I am looking forward to watching their friendship blossom. And with a little sister to boot. Should be very interesting going forwards.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 7 . 5/16/2018
I should be sleeping right now, but I keep letting the 'one more chapter' urge win. It's just so good. I want to devour it all right now, work be damned. But work tomorrow I must so here I pause. I am really enjoying this and cannot wait to continue.
subzeus chapter 1 . 5/8/2018
Ugh. I don't know why so many authors have their time travel fics take place when Harry is 11. You have done even worse and made him younger! Who wants to read fanfiction about an 8 year old kid?
Books85 chapter 55 . 4/10/2018
This is my second read through, and I suspect that this review won't post, since I probably reviewed before . I just don't want to not give you the appreciation that is due you for the amazing wòrĺd-building involved in this fic. Apparently some reviewers coplaie about the lists that you frequently add to particularly detail-ŕìch chapters. I disagree. This is one of my favorite storìes. Thank you .
Guest chapter 22 . 4/5/2018
I have absolutely no idea what's going on. You've messed up the characters! Shame on you.
David chapter 55 . 3/28/2018
I loved this book, a real page turner. I hope I can find the next book. Thank you.
Guest chapter 55 . 3/26/2018
Awesome story. Can't wait to read the next part. Thank you for sharing.
3,743 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »