Reviews for 30 Minutes That Changed Everything
More examples of the wizard community being a useless flock of sheep that should be killed off for the most part. You said earlier that purebloods are only 10 percent of the population. Pretty stupid for the other 90% to let the purebloods do as they will. I’m getting bored of all the talking and nothing happening. There needs to be some action. Sitting around having conversations or going to school with no adventures is boring to read. Reading chapters worth of internal monologues is boring.
So hermione is slack jawed at the stories told by lord black yet can tell of the slaughter and extermination of 11 million people with a straight face? Hermione has taken her newts for history as well as her non magical equivalent. Stories of war shouldn’t really be that much of a surprise. Granted there is a difference between dry books and learning in class versus the stories of people who experienced it first hand. But a general overview with a few examples isn’t much different then what she would have heard in class so I’m failing to see why the shock and surprise. I’m having a hard time swallowing such a highly educated person being so naive.
The last two chapters were a very large disappointment. The entire thing concerning hermiones morals? I just wanted to slap the stupid bint upside the head. Every single one of her arguments was childish, stupid and befitting of someone with the mentality of an 18 year old whose been learning all about this crap for years. The entire last two chapters just felt like one large stupid moment for hermione. Boring to read and in the end pointless. Then ignoring Harry for two weeks for her stupid bullshit? Yeah she needs to be slapped silly.
Sensei has said several times now that he is only trying to make sure the kids are prepared for what IS coming. Having Hermione’s dad question him yet again about making the kids weapons was getting repetitive, and normally would have provoked at minimum an aggregated response. What makes Sensei saying the same thing for the third or fourth time better than the first?
Dg
adafrog chapter 55 . 5/9
Very good, thanks.
Jimbocous chapter 53 . 5/8
Thanks for a great reread! Hope you find your way back!
Li-Ion89 chapter 12 . 5/7
this chapter is too wordy and too much at once. harry and hermione are children but they are alsrteayd bearing a burden that is too much a normal child can handle. besides that, arent they putting themselves in danger by talking about this in a semiprivate area?

nice overall chapter! you coulda separated the info a little bit
ItMeYaGril chapter 55 . 4/24
I've read many fics that introduce some form of time-dilation to adjust younger characters into their later selves without progressing the plot, but I've seen few actually go into detail about what happens during those events and the effects that they really have on the characters development. This fic does a fantastic job of both. Additionally, a LOT of thought clearly went into each level of this universe's backstory, from the genealogy of a handful of Death Eaters to the very foundation of the Magical Government. Additionally, this is quite possibly the best 'the mundane world totally knows about magic' concepts I've read.

On the critical side of things, you do have a habit of repeating exposition multiple times over the course of the story. For example, the Magical Heir situation was probably repeated, in full, at least three separate times. While a refresher on complex points is definitely needed in works of this length, a full recitation isn't. As a couple of reviewers have also mentioned, a handful of minor details (such as one character's patronus) change between chapters. Neither of these are what I would call terrible errors, as the fic is quite fun to read regardless of them, but they do detract from its overall quality.

I know, based on the last update from this profile, that it is unlikely that the author will ever actually read this review. However, on the off chance that they do, I'd like to thank them for all of the effort they put in telling a story to fans like me. Seriously, thank you.
observentuser chapter 36 . 4/11
You changed Clarice's Patronus. In chapter 28 her Patronus was a Ram, in this chapter it was a Doe and all three of them had just managed to create a corporeal Patronus. Even though they managed it in chapter 28.
Here is part fo the paragraph from Ch.28.
"The other thing that stunned Sensei was that the kids already had learned the Patronus Charm. All three were fully corporeal, and Harry's and Hermione's were the same as last time: a stag and an otter. Clarice's was a ram. True, while corporeal, the charms were still weak. That was a function of their true magical age and their charms would probably be quite powerful in five to ten real years."
S chapter 55 . 3/24
What an interesting plot. Enjoyed Hermione and Harry meeting early in life, the Japanese connection, the very large secret club and McG’s role in Hermione’s life, amongst other things. The only thing I’d change is the repetitiveness. Other than that, had fun reading this relatively light hearted story. Thanks!
oefvskoiS chapter 3 . 2/20
I hope Dudley's will be punished
oefvskoiS chapter 1 . 2/20
Wow. The first chapter is impressive
Resurrection99 chapter 14 . 1/30
Son of a bitch...
Rose and Alice ask the dumbest questions.
3,719 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »