Reviews for Simple Pleasures
Good job!
nexus432 chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Great fic.
JadeAlmasy chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Awesome Awesome Job on this!

babyreaper chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Great story, poor Dean, he can't even enjoy eating now, that's just too sad...
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
That's...shocking, but it makes sense. Sadly. I can see Sam now buying an assortment of different textured foods to try to find one that doesn't bother Dean. :
Twinchy chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
*whimpers and wails for the poor brothers*

For Dean because of what he went through in Hell and still suffers in the memories and repercussions; and for Sammy for what he did to himself, or rather let Ruby do to him because he felt helpless and angry.

Very well done, Stacey.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
This was an awesome one-shot! Though I'm not always fond of your characterization for Sammy, this one is definitely a gem. I love how he takes care of his big brother, gets his his favourite food and tries to do his best to help Dean cope, even if he can never understand the full meaning of what Dean went through in hell. I deeply appreciate how you depicted their treatment for each other, making clear that they were both concerned for the other but just couldn't be as close as before; too much was between them now, and Dean had too much on his troubled mind to simply shake it off.

This also nicely illustrated Sam's motivation behind his kamikaze routine for revenge but also showed his weaknesses in being tempted by the blood and letting feelings like anger and frustration get the better of him. Of course he is deeply flawed; yet, I never doubt Sammy's good intentions. Arrogant and addicted or no, he was trying to save the world!

Your analogies why Dean couldn't eat burgers or such any longer, were excellent and very disturbing. It's clearly understandable why he couldn't bring himself to eat any more. I'm glad Dean was aware of Sam trying to help even if it was pointless; the effort at least was appriciated.

Well done, and very well written!
wcfan chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Oh c'mon. Can't you leave the man's food alone?

He sounds like he's beating himself up over this. For not being able to eat burgers? That's not something to feel bad about. It was hell! He shouldn't even be able to function properly.

Dean can't go on not eating forever. He needs something else other than fries in his system.
LuckyMe1 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
What a creative story, I never would have thought of this kind of thing. I'm sure that Dean has a lot of things that have changed about him since his time in Hell that Kripke could write about on the show.
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Poor Dean.

Life sucks. (sorry)And for him, it s* extraordinarily. Poor man. Not even hamburger. Maybe he HAS to become a vegetarian? This little tdbit would be interesting to put on the show... its easy to do and it says so much.

Well done (as usual)

PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 6/30/2009

Total love for this, honey! Thank you!

Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
That was sad. Well done tho.
Micaiah chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Poor Dean. He will never be the same. Very good story. Did the inspiration come from that one scene where Sam handed him the burger and he wouldn't eat it? I believe that was in "Family Remains".
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
good story.

Thank you.

Feed him chocolate - even demons can't make chocolate bad!
Tosharino chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Yay! I liked it! Poor Dean. :( Cant even eat his favorite hamburgers! ;) Nicly done!