Reviews for Medicine For the Soul
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Very sweet and great! :D Good job with this.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
That was love in words; and absolutely well-written! Phenomenal!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
"Not even forty years or all the demons in hell or all the angels in heaven, could erase that memory for either of them." So true, deangirl. *hugs them both*

Very well done - as you said, not all that surprising Bobby understood Sammy's ways with books (or that Dean eventually couldn't help memorizing the story he read to his brother for so long).

And I agree completely with the final quote by Katherine Mansfield.
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Aw! You picked out the sweetest tidbit so far and made it into an excellent oneshot This was definitely adorable.
PADavis chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
That was pretty adorable. I'm so glad you ran with that bunny.

Phoebe
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I just loved this.

I could replace Sam's name in the opening paragraph with my own and it would still hold true. The same could be said, I'm sure, if I slid your name in there - only a person who truly loves books and the magic of getting lost in them could have written this story.

Given the Winchesters' nomadic childhood, personal treasures would have been rare, but a book is completely in character for Sam. While it's small and easily portable, when they were young, especially, it would have represented a world of imagination for a little boy to get lost in. Perhaps most importantly, it was also symbolic of treasured bonding time with Dean. This is a beautiful illustration of how both the brothers' bond and Sam's love of learning flourished.

This story was indeed Medicine for the Soul. Thanks!

Cheers, Sculls
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Enjoyed your story.

We all know that Sam loves books, so to find out that there was one from his childhood that held a special place for him and Dean, perfect.

I love how Sam asked Dean to tell him the story again while in the panic room. Also love that Dean was staying with Sam while he detoxed this time.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
cavetrollgrl chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I really liked reading about someone else enjoying books throughout their lives.
Medic04 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
That was wonderfully sweet! I'm right there with Sammy on books. The end was the best though, reciting to him in detox.

Michelle
sylia91 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
This was excellent! Now you've got me completely intrigued as to what the title of the book Sam loved as a kid is.
adder574 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Great story. I can relate to Sam's love of books. I really liked the ending where Dean is still able to recite the book from memory.
NeverEndingSugarHigh chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Well done. A different type of topic, but with plenty of brother moments. I also liked the abstract kind of brother moments, where it wasn't outright schmoop, but had plenty of sweetness. Loved it.
Merisha chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Aw, I was waiting for this, but I only realized now that I probably don't have you on alert LOL XD - so I'm changing that this instant! *huggles you* :D - what a beautiful expansion on a little thought! I love that Sammy asked Dean to recite his book to him during detox and how much he loves books. How they've always been a companion from childhood! Wonderful stuff, totally going to my fav's :D

Hugs and luv

Mish :D
Nana56 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Ah, books! Wonderful things. I actually miss them sometimes. I have lots, but I'm at the computer most days. sigh

Very nice fic. Well done.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Aww, I loved this. I can picture Dean reading to Sammy, especially during detox. And I also love that he memorized the story, and that Sam asked Dean to tell him the story again.