Reviews for The Right Kind of Sinner
I liked it, especially Yami's attitude when speaking to Yuugi. XD
Equality4Puppies chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I really liked it!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
eventually. sort of. he kind of backtracks during the whole yugi-got-his-soul-sucked-out season (there was probably no mindcrushing because of the american audience -_-).

brittney
DarkValkyriaJ chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! That was written beautifully! YOU DESERVE MORE REVEIWS! THIS IS ON THE LIST OF BEST FIC EVER WRITTEN!
C24 and G36 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I love this story can't see the yugi Yami part though but don't change it please it perfect except when you say morals do u mean mortals?
summerrblondae chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
i love this! i think you should do one from yami's point of view though
Lasae abyss chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Thanks for this rec! It's lovely, Yugi's emotions were almost tangible, and I could very easily fall in love with your characterisation!
Eternal Headache chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Man, I just absolutely love fics like this. And they're so amazingly hard to find. Thanks very much for writing it!
Una Morgan chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Hello again!

Just thought I'd look back at some of my favorite stories and review those I have not before the new year. Lo and behold, I choose to look up one of my old favorites of yours.

Hard to review this one well since it is more of a character study than a story. I would prefer not to bore you with my thesis on Yami's character. (I RP on LiveJournal a lot as both Yami and Yugi.) But this is by far one of the best adaptations to the original character that I have ever read on FF.N! You captured the subtle implications of his existence, especially the question of morality to a spirit with no background.

Honor, justice, and morals are man-made concepts that vary from culture to culture. Pure reason is characteristic of humans - generally - which is what Yami relies on most. He never questions his methods of "justice" until he meets Yugi, which a lot of fans do not grasp. They normally have Yami as being the ultimate authority on what is "right." Well, in my humble opinion, Yami focuses more on what is necessary instead of what is "right" in order to achieve his goals (which are normally "right," though).

Okay, I had best cut myself off there before I ramble any more... One of the downsides of being an English teacher is one tends to over-analyze!

You treat the whole "blank slate" theory of Yami very true to form, including the fact that his temper sparks the transformations and shadow games. Yami's judgment is based on his protective instinct, which is NOT based on logic. He is methodical, calculating, but very vengeful! And you capture this quality well in this fic.

Though we see a lot of Yugi's nature in this, too. Can't dismiss that aspect of this story! My friend and I call Yugi's type of character "Friendship Wands." You know, those who are just so honest and innocent that they change anyone they meet in some drastic way. n_n You really bring that to light here and lay the groundwork for Yami's transformation as the series progresses.

Dang! This is turning out to be an essay! My apologies if it's too long! :D I just really love this fic!

~Una
Serena6686 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
nice i like it
PreviouslyTorpe chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Wow, what a great fanfic! I loved it! Great job! And I loved the title also!
Gohanzgirl chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I enjoyed reading!
SuperSonic183 chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
hello i love your story it really tells how yugi and yami meet
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Very nice. I'm glad that Yugi was content to accept the spirit.
Katya Scriptari chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Could you remind me again what happened with Death-T? I haven't read the manga in so long that I can't remember. :X

Either way, I really liked this. I actually wish you'd turn this into a multi-chapter fic, because I think you could describe the early days of Yugi's and Yami's relationship really well. However, it's great as a one-shot, too. :)