Reviews for And She Was Beautiful
Unpred1ctablE chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
That is awesome! Very creative. _
Jude Starr chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I absolutely loved this! I thought that you did Mrs Lovett's character justice and the idea for the story was brilliant. I can certainly relate to it!
Your Little Kitten chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
You don't give yourself any credit. I loved it! And you portrayed Mrs. Lovett very well. You wrote exactly how i believe she would be thinking. i give you 2 thumbs up _
Kijarat chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Oh this is magnificent, you really must have more confidence in your talents! I truly did enjoy this, as an avid fan of both Sweeney Todd and femmeslash. You captured the era, and Mrs. Lovett, quite perfectly. I'd love for you to write more, but that really is up to you. It's very difficult to find well-written femmeslash that also retains much of the original characterization of largely heterosexual characters, aside from their sexuality, of course. And you've done a lovely job here of realistically portraying a situation like this in the context of the times. Most writers would have probably found a way to have Nellie's unrequited love returned, which would be highly unlikely considering what we know form the original story, and the Victorian era itself.

So, massive props, and keep writing.
Schmetterling aus Eis chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Wow...

Very interesting idea...

I like it! It doesnt suck at all!
unamuerte chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I don't normally read Lovett/Lucy pairings, and I didn't really feel this was really Mrs Lovett (because we all know her whole role in the movie is based around worshipping Sweeney) pero...Para mí, es un cuento asombroso, bien escrito, triste y conmovedor. !Me emocionó mucho!)
Carlysaurus chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
This is SUCH a great fic! Lucy's reaction made me want to cry. Wonderful job.
WWT chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
You thought you did horrible? I thought it was amazing. It even fit in and made sence to some degree with the original story. I think you hit the charachter traits dead on. I laughed out loud at the thought of young Mrs. Lovett running half naked into the rainy street! It's so something I could see her doing! Loved it. but of course you would know this since I favorited it. (you knew that too...)
Emm chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This is ecmada and I'm too lazy to login.

Sigh. You need to build some self esteem. I like it. I'm normaly all that into the homosexual literature since I can't relate to it, but it's sweet and tragic. Please continue. So I was wondering, is she really going to fall in love with sweeney or is she going to fake love? I'm interested. Please update soon.
slashbutterfly chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Stop putting yourself down! It's wonderfully written, as usual - though I can't really speak for the characterisation, having not seen the film. You've really captured the Victorian mentality, though. It's great to see a new fic :)
Shedemei chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Actually, I would call this original, well-written, touching and very much worth reading.
BeBopALula chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Do you really think that this story sucks? Please. It's an original idea and there aren't any spelling or grammar mistakes, so it's automatically better than a lot of things that I've read. I don't know if you captured Mrs. Lovett exactly, but you did a fair job of it. I really like how she's nostalgic for Lucy. It's sad but sweet at the same time, so I never felt like I was absolutely drowning in angst. The attitudes towards homosexuality are also well-done. They reminded me of some of the stuff I had to read for my Victorian English class.