Reviews for Batman & Benson 5
jj12 chapter 9 . 4/16
A nuke? I thought it would be a crematorium.
Lennex MacDuff chapter 15 . 10/31/2011
Gotta say, this was VERY well done. I like how the Cadmus story arc is like the Empire Strikes Back, or the Two Towers of your series. This was very well handled and I like how you maintained continuity even though you combined Marvel and DC characters in the same story. Awesome work!
James Axelrad chapter 15 . 10/28/2011
a real blast. loved it, cant wait to get to the next one. glad to have seen that the avengers caught on though.
Phantom Dennis chapter 9 . 5/18/2011
Given that you've been weaving in Marvel here and there. I was wondering when you'd work in the Punisher.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 15 . 5/9/2010
Hoo boy...

Definitely can’t fault you in terms of scale here, I have to admit.

Inspector Curnow alone would have been an ambiguous problem at best- she had the training to be a threat, but her arrogance limited her effectiveness-, but add in the fact that Batman’s also dealing with Talia at this point and the situation became even MORE complicated for him on a local scale before Cadmus even really managed to establish itself in Gotham.

Add in Cadmus’s ruthless exploitation of its power by capturing Alex just because of what she was doing and then INVENTING reasons to put her in with the ‘other’ prisoners, and you created a very ruthless large-scale organisation for Batman and his allies to confront (Particularly when they’ve reached a point where many of their own agents are sceptical about what they’re doing; when you’ve got internal traitors without the need for bribes you KNOW an organisation has problems).

The face-off between Batman and Hardcastle was particularly effective, demonstrating an intriguing contrast between the man given ‘carte blanche’ to act in any way he sees fit by the government and the self-appointed guardian of the people; Hardcastle regards any action justifiable simply because he’s the one making it, while Batman recognises that his very independence means that there are some lines he simply CANNOT cross no matter how much he might want to do so...

Plus, of course, the final crisis of the storyline was definitely an effective way to round it all off; after the government’s attempt to ‘control’ superheroes, what better way to show that the heroes can do the job perfectly well themselves than to have them resolve a crisis like that WITHOUT the government taking control?

Hope you’re keeping the sequel potential for this story in mind; with all of Batman’s Rogue’s Gallery active in Gotham at this time, coupled with the political fallout from Cadmus, I have a feeling that life for the superheroes is about to get VERY complicated...

(Just one request; any chance we’ll have Olivia going out as ‘Huntress’ again in the next story?)
Macross VF1 chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
It is both with joy and sadness that I write this review. For while I have enjoyed all parts of Batman & Benson, this last part has one glaring problem, Batman's lack of paranoia.

While I understand that he is a much nicer and quite frankly saner person with Benson around, his paranoia should be present to at least some degree, especially concering his identity. The quite frankly haphazard unveiling of his sacred identity to many recently introduced characters (to batman at least) just isn't very plausible. I urge you to go back and rewrite at the very least the last chapter of Batman & Benson 5 so that not everyone and their wee doggy too knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne.
cjcold2 chapter 15 . 12/13/2009
Exceptional story.

I recently came across this story due to its update and remembered reading over a year or so ago the first Batman and Benson. At the time I didn't really have the time to finish the others and after a while forgot about it. I am glad that I remembered as this was a great series.

I love the sibling relationship between Bruce and Olivia. As well as the was Alfred regards Olivia.

Think you did a good job building the Bat Clan up into a family.

Glad to see Spade joining the GCPD crew. Should make the sixth story interesting. I was a little surprised that Alex didn't have more of a reaction to how close Olivia and Sam seemed to be, frequent references to Olivia touching to comfort Sam.

Also happy to see Jordan in Gothom though you never said(or I might have missed it) what brought her to Gotham.

The take down of Cadmus was great. A well thought out and executed commando raid.

Glad to see the Justice League reformed and wonder what did Superman do with the station, did he honor Olivia's request to keep it.

Hope for a sixth part ot the series.

More soon please.
Aaron W chapter 15 . 12/7/2009
I've been a fan of your Batman and Benson series since the beginning. I love it great mixture of movie, and comics. (Example when Bobby saw Gambit and Rogue once again together, that part was a great mix of movie and comic book relationship) Great way to end loose ties, even though Cadmus is been dealt a bitter blow, the war on crime still matches on and on that note the Justice League is reformed. Bruce did great in "getting the band back together" they're needed more than ever now.

I loved when Diana apolgized to Liv, and the GCSVU reacted when they saw her, it was great, not to mention how Gordon and the rest reacted to Diana's repayment of the damage she caused. and of course I liked that Sam is now part of the Major case squad in Gotham City I love to see how she tackles the crimes there, not to mention balance a relationship with Logan. That will be fun.

I wonder if we're going to see a reunion of the "Anti-crime girls squad" they worked really well together, i think they will be great to see them work together again. I also like Tony's reaction to Liv's and Alex's relationship. it was funny.

Great ending to another story in a great saga. Take your break you deserve it, Keep it up.
RebelByrdie chapter 15 . 12/6/2009
"I don't care if he's Iron Man...I'm kicking him in the crotch."

That is so vintage Alex Cabot...and very hilarious.

All in all, this was the perfect ending to a phenomenal story. I can't applaud nand praise enough.

Take your break, enjoy your holiday and the downtime you've most definitly earned, but don't stay out of Gotham too long!
D.J. Scales chapter 15 . 12/6/2009
Sounds like Victor has found a new job protecting the Arctic Seals from now on. By the way when is Poison Ivy ever going to cross paths with Benson?
RebelByrdie chapter 14 . 11/30/2009
Oh nice action sequence and use of meta-powers.

Joker continues to be very well written and disturbing. His thoughts on Harley are really great. It was a great look into the Joker's brain.

I also loved the teams return to the Batcave.

Oh is Sam really going to stay in Gotham? Yay! I've really gotten to know the charecter over the story and now I like her!

One more chapter and Liv is still in danger!

Never a dull moment in Gotham.
Zarathustra1030 chapter 14 . 11/30/2009
OH MY GOD! Please hurry!
RebelByrdie chapter 13 . 11/23/2009
The disgraced and disbanded Justice League reunites in Gotham. Cadmus is in shambles and it looks like Hardcastle is on ice.

Oh wait, there's the whole Joker thing. This will be both diabolical and violent.

I feel a BOOM coming on.
RebelByrdie chapter 12 . 11/12/2009
"...A stinking hypocrite who wraps himself in an American flag." That is such a Batman moment. It feels like it's only a few steps away from Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns' Batman without losing the grounded, gritty Nolanverse core. He's really been written as a evolving, well rounded Bruce/Batman throughout the entire series. That's a big reason I keep coming back for more.

X Men's Bobby the Iceman meets Mr Freeze, hilarious. My favorite part has to be - Shazam! Brilliant, wonderful charecter placement and usage all around.

Picture perfect Bullock and Montoya. Cops in a crazed city doing the right thing, it's another piece of Law and Order that doesn't get lost in the midst of superheroes and madmen. Which leads me strait to J'onn and Wonder Woman. I officially retract all of my complaints about this Diana. Poor J'onn, though, he was mistaken for the Hulk. Owch.

And we finally see Joker's grande finale. I hope Arthur is around somewhere... He is, right? Right! Also another great Gotham name-drop on the dam.
D.J. Scales chapter 12 . 11/12/2009