Reviews for Harry Potter and the Muggle Mess
Kiterou chapter 1 . 9/18
I am uncertain if I liked this story or not. That Vernon would own and even use a gun is somewhat debatable, and most of the reactions are also very interesting, but it is kind of too convenient that the whole Wizengamot would change into a logic machine after the death of Dumbledore - I expected more chaos and drama.

Maybe it is also the fact that Snape would not tell them the details of his work as a spy. The Veritaserum should have worked longer, and any magically binding oath he had sworn to Dumbledore would have ceased to work after his death (at least in cannon, and in most of the AUs - the lack of explanation how he could work around the truth serum, or why oaths would still work after the death of the binder are somewhat confusing for me). I am a huge Snape fan, and I can see that his guilt for Lilys and even Dumbledores deaths would make him take the imprisonment, but he was still under the effects of the Veritaserum, so... Well. Don't know how I feel about that.

Not my favorite, but I guess I liked it enough for a review. Also, I quite enjoyed your wordings and style.

Cheers, Kite
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 9/2
magical oaths do seem a bit orwellian, but compared to the sheer incompetnce of the canon regime its still preferable
Calmzone1 chapter 1 . 8/30
Brilliantly done
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 1 . 8/26
Great one-shot. But you can continue this. There were horcruxes to destroy and Draco Malfoy, the avenger to confront.
alice22 chapter 1 . 8/12
This is a great story. Is there any more of it to come?
ElementalMaster16 chapter 1 . 7/12
this has been a very interesting one-shot. you've got some rather interesting idea's in there. i would say that forcing children into an oath like that is a bit much, even if i get the point. but oh well :)
sexy Seren chapter 1 . 7/4
Make a sequel
RisingPhoenix84 chapter 1 . 7/2
A interesting world you created. It would be great to get a full story of how the fight against Voldemort goes in this world. Could see some unintended consequences of the oath to not hurt people which could be quite intersesting too. But would love to see the unspeakable stole in destroying the horcruxes.
SirLaze chapter 1 . 6/30
A good read.
spk chapter 1 . 5/30
WOW! Such a unique idea. Really enjoyed reading a new take on these events...so ingenious. Amazing how one difference can bring so much change. Great job! :)
Corwyn chapter 1 . 5/28
Thank you for sharing this story with us. I enjoyed it.
pikachucat chapter 1 . 5/19
awesome
I find this to be very militant, almost a dictatorship that you are creating in the Ministry. It reminds me of the less favourable views that some people have of free speech. Well written, but the libertarian in me is unable to continue this story
Anoneme chapter 1 . 2/21
I'm sorry but I skipped ahead to comment. As soon as Minerva assured Sirius that she had a way to go after Pettigrew I immediately imagined a transformed McGonagal chasing a transformed Pettigrew, a cat chasing a rat, and cracked up laughing. I just had to thank you for that delightful image.

Now I'll get back to reading the rest of this fic!
sisac9 chapter 1 . 1/31
enjoyed reading, thanks for the story