Reviews for Harry Potter and the Muggle Mess
Bronze chapter 1 . 4/11
Orwellian or not, more witches and wizards are alive because good ol' Albie is dead. The shear stupidity of leaving enemies behind capable of returning Riddle to the world of the living was insane! Riddle's ultimate goal was the total destruction of both the magical world and the mundane. Basically, " Kill 'em all! Let god sort it out!" mentality. And Albus wanted to allow him to get a second shot at succeeding. Senile doesn't even come close to that type of thinking! Either total insanity or a combination of insanity and senile might work. But I personally believe he was setting up a glorious return to power for himself using Harry as his stalking horse. The one question that remains for me is , why didn't the homes of all Death Eaters get searched for any and everything in the way of dark objects? Then their vaults as well. God alone knows what they'd've found! Well, thanks for the story. It was interesting and enjoyable to read. I really need to check out some of your other stories to see if any interest me. Regardless, please keep writing.
viningc chapter 1 . 3/31
The Muggle Mess:
Just read this story and think it is better than anything you've written that I've read so far! Please, please consider expanding this one.
dhamann7878 chapter 1 . 3/29
Interesting story, enjoyed it but still has some loose ends
Robert C. Lewis chapter 1 . 3/7
Interesting take on things. Plausible, and i agree about living there. Even in the books, the MoM was even more fascist than the USA is right now ,at least in appearances.
Stormshadow13 chapter 1 . 2/21
Nice, love the what if idea. How one little change, can affect everything else. Awesome job on the story.
lunaz chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
wonderful, wonderful story full of delightful twists and turns.
UserABC123 chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
I remember reading at least the first part of this oneshot too, which makes me believe that I have, at one point in the past, already gone through all your stories.
apAidan chapter 1 . 11/26/2017
Needs must, as the old saying goes. A very clever twist linking Vernon to the Crouch family.

Hopefully Narcissa won't be too disappointed when the diary horcrux eats Draco.

Very well done

ap Aidan
Janie.ohio chapter 1 . 11/13/2017
really good. thanks!
Honestly don't you two read chapter 1 . 11/13/2017
Hehe this was good!
I like it when Amalia Bones takes charge :-p
Madminxx chapter 1 . 11/11/2017
Fascinating use of the Ministry magic sensors. Orwellian is definitely the word. I love how all the individual steps in the clean up make sense, but as a whole lead somewhere terrifying. Amelia Bones might be a good woman who uses her powers circumspectly, but where are the checks and balances? I really enjoyed this one shot.
Difdi chapter 1 . 10/24/2017
Minor quibble: at the point Amelia starts scanning for Unforgivable use, casting them is not necessarily illegal, it depends on the target. Cast them on a human, and they're Unforgivable. Cast them on anything else, and they're completely legal if casting a spell of that class was legal.

The British Wizarding world does not have animal cruelty laws, and mind controlling or torturing or even killing animals or sophontic non-humans is only illegal if they are somehow protected by law or owned by someone else. Imperious a hippogriff? No crime. Torture a spider? No crime. Use a Killing Curse on a Giant? No crime. Kill someone else's pet with a Killing Curse? Only illegal because it doesn't belong to you, and might not even be illegal then, if you killed it in self defense.
Kiterou chapter 1 . 9/18/2017
I am uncertain if I liked this story or not. That Vernon would own and even use a gun is somewhat debatable, and most of the reactions are also very interesting, but it is kind of too convenient that the whole Wizengamot would change into a logic machine after the death of Dumbledore - I expected more chaos and drama.

Maybe it is also the fact that Snape would not tell them the details of his work as a spy. The Veritaserum should have worked longer, and any magically binding oath he had sworn to Dumbledore would have ceased to work after his death (at least in cannon, and in most of the AUs - the lack of explanation how he could work around the truth serum, or why oaths would still work after the death of the binder are somewhat confusing for me). I am a huge Snape fan, and I can see that his guilt for Lilys and even Dumbledores deaths would make him take the imprisonment, but he was still under the effects of the Veritaserum, so... Well. Don't know how I feel about that.

Not my favorite, but I guess I liked it enough for a review. Also, I quite enjoyed your wordings and style.

Cheers, Kite
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 9/2/2017
magical oaths do seem a bit orwellian, but compared to the sheer incompetnce of the canon regime its still preferable
Calmzone1 chapter 1 . 8/30/2017