Reviews for Harry Potter and the Muggle Mess
LadyPhoenix68 chapter 1 . 5/18
Oath of all School children seems extreme, oath or oblivate/magic binding for someone expelled from hogwarts makes sense. Oath of office bound by magic for people working in government makes sense.

The lack of insuring that there were no more horcrux though was their criminal carelessness. Especially if Sirius took control of Bellatrix's vaults after war as head of black family.
yochan123 chapter 1 . 4/23
it's annoying that draco is being groomed as a new dark lord - and once again proving that if you need to end the bad guys, MAKE SURE TO END ALL THE ROOTS.

hahahaha dumblebitch shot dead by vernon. honestly yeah wizards have spells but caught unawares it's impossible to beat modern technology and weapons. can you imagine lucius malfoy overcoming dudes with machine guns? yeah, no.

finally with dumblebitch not able to fuck up education for everyone continuously things can actually improve. i'd almost give vernon an order of merlin for offing dumblebitch

and ofc the blood wards are involutary since nobody apparently questioned that LILY DIED IN GODRIC'S HOLLOW AND APPARENTLY THERE ARE BLOOD WARDS AROUND PRIVET DRIVE? LIKE DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE?

It means there are no more Unforgivables. We opened the door for the Aurors to use them, now we have to make sure they are used the right way. All of them are now Ministry Regulated spells and can be taught and used by licensed persons…who must report when they use them under pain of losing their magic. The Obliviation spell and manufacture of veritaserum falls under this new law, too.

fucking lucius

hahahahaha snape you will never get out of azkaban. die like the bitch you are

"We stunned them, adjudicated them, and put them into a prison. They raped, robbed, exploded, and murdered anyone who stood in their way or anyone who caught their fancy. We had twenty thousand innocents, some of them well trained in combat; at their peak, they had one hundred fifty seven, all of whom drilled in combat curses and tactics. We operated within laws of combat; they took every law we had and did the exact opposite. We deliberated our actions and policies amongst a large group with a number of known traitors, at least a quarter of the Wizengamot, taking part in the discussion; the would-be Dark Lord kept his discussions among a narrow, trusted group of advisors. We responded to their terrorist attacks; they picked and chose the venues of this war. We never acted on the intelligence we gathered, never preempted a single attack, never arrested a single witch or wizard unless we stunned them in battle;
YES EXACTLY LIKE SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STUNNING PPL TRYING TO TORTURE AND MURDER YOU?! JESUS IF YOU WANT TO DIE THERE ARE EASIER WAYS

The Ministry of Magic must develop magic and procedures to rapidly respond to magical attacks committed on our witches and wizards. Notification and response times in the past wars have been abysmal, so new types of magic must be created for the future."
the decrees are so good.
FriendlyFire59 chapter 1 . 3/28
That was a very interesting take on an early change cascade.

Thanks for posting.
Dayside chapter 1 . 1/21
I would move far far away if some schmuck dared to try and force me to limit my magic, my very soul.
EdTheBeast chapter 1 . 12/14/2021
It is an intriguing story line. It would be completely AU. But it stops to soon. So for a short different Harry growing up till Hogwarts, it is a must read.
adafrog chapter 1 . 11/30/2021
Very good, thanks.
Jemma Blackwell chapter 1 . 10/27/2021
the butterfly effect... Great story, you didn't say much about Sirius and Linda deciding to be together, how did that work?
Duchess67 chapter 1 . 10/4/2021
I also think Dumbles made LOTS of mistakes in how he handled things. Too many jobs meant he did them ALL poorly, too!

I liked this. Not the Orwellian bits, but still. I'm glad so many more kids had happier childhoods that didn't before. Though somebody should have done something about Narcissa! Grrrr
jpspring chapter 1 . 8/28/2021
A very nice story, well written and full of future possibilities. :)
Thanks for writing
3tim chapter 1 . 8/21/2021
I agree, kind of ruins magic if you're being constantly spied on, or potential tied up by a thousand oaths before you even reach adulthood.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2021
Loved this story. Just one complaint. Little Harry moments were negligible
Kai chapter 1 . 8/15/2021
Ah, that's where the witch-hunts of yesteryear come from. A wizard criminal attacks a muggle, binds him to watch his atrocities, rapes his daughter to death, tortures his wife, (I don't believe that the Death Eaters were the first one to commit such crimes - though only called crimes if they're committed on real humans, i.e. magicals) but somehow the muggle gets away and kills the evildoer. Immediately more wizards in officially-looking dresses turn up and murder the muggle animal for killing a real person. As is their law, obviously. A neighbour/friend/relative/uninvolved observer runs to his local priest/noble/other person with authority and tells them that wizards murdered someone just because. Everyone is incited and they start hunting down those witchcraft monsters.

I doubt that Binns EVER told that truth. That the magicals were the aggressors, killing whole families because they want. Which it would look like for a muggle observer.

By the way, the Muggle Office is one of the most important ones in the ministry, because they prevent violations of the Statute of Secrecy through magical artefacts getting into muggle hands, which happens often enough on purpose. However, pureblood Woozley IS an imbecile, not even capable of recognising a fucking children's bathing toy. The question is: which other purebloods put him into that office? Are they intelligent enough to even walk upright?
Rainbow Prime chapter 1 . 7/24/2021
Heh. Linda Kent. I feel like making a joke about the movie "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" here...
Eriktheviking70 chapter 1 . 7/19/2021
An interesting change, well written.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2021
Another well written story from you.