Reviews for Dear Joker
ALittlePush chapter 38 . 5/9
Not sure who number ten is! Some have suggested it's Harley, which would make sense, but I don't know if I would've guessed that on my own.

Also, very creative chapter. I loved the little poem he made. It's was interesting how the story got darker and darker with each chapter. I enjoyed it a lot. Now I'm wondering if anything else will come after this, since the story isn't marked as 'complete'? Anyway, thanks for writing. :)
ALittlePush chapter 32 . 5/9
"I'm merely accelerating the moral decline that's inevitable." Nice line and nice explanation in general. I think, at this point, the story deserves an 'M' rating instead of 'T' rating- quite a lot of sensitive (and filthy, immature, crude and violent;) content.
ALittlePush chapter 20 . 5/9
So disturbing! Love it! His bad, immature jokes are so fittingly uncomfortable, too. (Like bolding 'ass' in 'glass'). And I like how it gets darker with each chapter. Nice job.
ALittlePush chapter 19 . 5/9
Chilling chapter. I love the little detail of the cards being shown and all of them being Joker cards.
ALittlePush chapter 14 . 5/8
This is terrifying. I mean that as a compliment. Nice job!
ALittlePush chapter 12 . 5/8
I chuckled at the "backdoor escape hatch" joke! These are all amusing.
Guest chapter 38 . 12/29/2014
Dear Joker
hello,I am mr I just wanted to say that I thank you for giving me the idea to follow in your footsteps,did you hear about the murder where the victim was found with question marks and a riddle carved in there back?that was me. In short, thank you
(call me...the riddler)
Ps
See if you can solve my most BRILLIANT riddle "what's blind and has no use nor will ever stop a genius?"
Guest chapter 31 . 12/22/2014
took you long enough
1MoreInMe1 chapter 32 . 5/6/2014
Truly Enjoyable In An Abnormal Way. You Actually Got His Character Right! Finally! Someone Who Can Right Him Correctly! I've Been Waiting For This Moment.
Countenance chapter 38 . 1/17/2014
Great story! Update soon please!
Neophyte Ronin chapter 38 . 7/15/2013
You can't help but feel a little horrified when you get imitators who get in the way. In the Joker's case, as an agent of chaos, he was following his instincts and not a trend. When chaos became a trend, he couldn't understand what he was seeing. Was it still fair?

It starts out funny and still has that abortion stew edge, but then you end up having to eat it with the wham line. It's hard not to review and still say getting into the mind of a meta-fictional abnormality and how he sees himself against the backdrop of an entire universe that despises and misunderstands him... what other way? Batman was the only guy capable of taking him down and he's nowhere in sight? What other way?

No review can possibly give appropriate accolades for this one. This one is just awesome. However, I don't like the Grant Morrisson text. By that, I mean A Serious House on Serious Earth. Does Joker have to talk like that with his speech balloons? Why here as well? Forces one to re-adapt the lettering for the sake of clarity, assuming someone wants the task of forging a radio drama out of this.

Still, it's a descent into madness, and a critique on society and how an endlessly negative being sees it. Kind of reminds me of the Jester from Shadowrun. Plays games to see what kind of man you are. Or what man he is. It's terribly unsettling to watch a nervous breakdown through a newspaper column. Highly recommended for those who want to see the meta-fictional cosmic horror story in a purple longcoat in action.
Neophyte Ronin chapter 35 . 7/14/2013
This is pretty much the best one so far, but by now I should advise that this story be upgraded to a mature rating. The level of mature sexual themes seems to supersede the teen rating. I would have said that several chapters ago, preferably at the turning point where it's obvious that the Joker is, in fact, active in the city, and truly disturbing with his descriptions.

But yeah, this is why you don't go to orgies. There is a good reason. They're all perverts. Then you have the fact that the prettiest or most eager get a lion's share. Then the envious fat slobs decide to threaten this sheltered little world with their desire to participate, or out you just the same. The Joker emphasizes this by claiming he could be a participant, which would not bode well for so-called Cautious Carrie.

Essentially, sex isn't the problem-physical diseases can be treated and avoided, and if partners expect nothing beyond sex, no feelings are hurt (though, that can be another issue when you start to dismiss the emotional bonds that happen during sex). Rather, it's the culture of pleasure seeking that foments jealousy, fear and loathing. There's one good reason you marry: security in your ability to express yourself with another physically without any baggage. Did Carrie forget that? There's a certain pragmatism behind adding flair in your marriage on your own terms and not with others. Kinks can be explored one-on-one, no-one else. Only rules are that it be fun and, if it hurts, stop.

But thank God it wasn't just some heckler (really, those chapters started to bore me, too).

If Carrie had the right sense, she should have just called the police, like you do when a prowler shows up to heckle you. You want the police here? Sure, the police aren't going to bang down the door because nothing monetary is being traded for the sake of a little fun, but this snide wife is complicit with the threats her sinister husband is issuing-a talent for disruption-so, flush him out and let the police reprimand him in civil court for disturbance and blackmail. Just because he has connections does not mean the party lacks connections: they're becoming victims of blackmail. Granted, this might end the key parties and their external friends and colleagues might not have the same level of respect as before, but such is playing the game. At least you're not blackmailed anymore.

Perhaps Carrie needs a drink. Clear her head.
Neophyte Ronin chapter 29 . 7/14/2013
This does address a rather difficult social issue: getting out of one's comfort zone due to social anxiety and relaxed ambition. It also addresses the stigma set upon agoraphobics and their relation to a welfare state. It's not a very comfortable topic. Going outside of one's comfort zone due to anxiety requires addressing the source of anxiety. The games might be a distraction about something that's really bothering the kid. Now, working at Carvel isn't a terrible job, as the Joker points out. But to not wish to contribute to society or establish a greater purpose, that may signify two things: reluctance to interact with the outside world, or a displeased self-assessment about whether it is even possible or worth the risk. Life, and purpose, are not about what you gain, what you are surrounded by, but what you are willing to risk.

A lot of isolated, withdrawn people will feel greater sympathy for the message, and be chilled to the bone by the Joker's unfortunate implications. Sometimes you have to appreciate what you have, and other times, you have to stop devaluing the hand dealt to you and just play it best you can. Of course this kid's on a slippery slope. Arkham may be a possibility, but it is not the only one. There has to be something he can shoot for, even if he doesn't seek home ownership or the things we normally associate with happiness. Maybe he can shoot for not being sad for just one day...

But I digress. I laughed my ass off with the post-postscript.
Neophyte Ronin chapter 28 . 7/14/2013
"In the attempt to prove the goddess was stupid, I killed my sister and processed her innards into the sausages that I fed the girl. But being little miss perfect, she realized what I had done because she invited my sister into her clique because she appreciated her fine spirit or something. Then she knew what I was capable of. And she didn't waste much time calling the police and running at full speed. God I wish I had that tight ass bounding down the sidewalk..."

Familiarity breeds contempt. Envy is a horrible monster. You wish to see people get hurt based on what they do wrong, not for everything they do right. If you're that insecure, then the Joker's insult train is accurate. Without this kid's envy, maybe the best friend might begin to see him in another light.
Neophyte Ronin chapter 27 . 7/14/2013
The Joker made it clear before that he does not take kindly to people giving him grief about his obsession with the Batman. Didn't you get the memo? There is a number of sudden aesops from the Joker regarding the havoc wrought from bullying and unjust authority. The guy doesn't just cause stuff to happen out of spite, he causes stuff to happen to awaken the morons who take their world for granted. Listen. Learn. And don't mess with this guy, okay?

In addition, the guy writes about the loudness of the music from the neighboring flat. If he had been paying attention to the Joker's chronicle of advice, this part was already established. Just because the kid is the landlord's son does not mean you cannot draw attention to said kid's foibles. That is just stupid, and here's why: an authority cannot set a double standard by virtue of blood relation. Never offer rent to relatives. The son's behavior can be confronted, non-violently if desired.

Finally, never ever insinuate stuff even after it was clear that two girls paid the price for insulting him. Bully a dragon, I dare you.