Reviews for When the Devil Whispers
Jaiaelle chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
What a beautiful story...from beginning to end, you poetically captured what Abby must've been feeling. Your use of second person narrative is an interesting choice, one that I don't usually prefer, but you used it wonderfully and effectively.
RadCherishIsEve chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Great, great, great story! 'Snap' is one of my favorite episodes! I love how you put 'Jimmy-the love of your life who didn't know-died'. It was so sad. And Charlie's death, it was so horrible! I really can't wait for the next episodes. Great story!
Leaving-My-Mark chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
The perspective was slightly odd, but I still really, REALLY loved this. The description, the detail, the usage of the dialogue...all of it.

This was brilliantly written, I think, and I only wish I could write so well.

Nice length, too. This wasn't incredibly short, but it was a nice length with plenty of detail.

Anyway, awesome job. I hope the rest of the series lives up to your expectations.

Leaving-My-Mark
inconstant heart chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I adored (... that sounds terrible, doesn't it?) the ending of "Snap" as well, and I think you've captured every single one of Abby's emotions perfectly. The anguish at losing yet another parent to Wakefield and after she'd doubted his innocence in all the murders is so powerful in this- I'm kind of getting all depressed by the Sheriff's death again. :(

I particularly liked this line: "He’s back and in sparing the man you’ve always loved, he’s taken from you a man who’s loved you all along." I love the ideas it creates when paired with your description of Wakefield as the devil- deals with the devil, huh? :p

Great work and beautiful writing! I'd love to see more HI fic from you.