Reviews for Like A Rock
mmkbrook chapter 2 . 9/28/2012
Very good take on Gibbs finding Ziva. Unless I am mistaken, on season opener Gibbs, Tony and Tim all thought she was dead and went to Saleem's camp to avenge her.
jibbsloversunited chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
got it - and will work on it over the next day or so and get back to you with questions

we are camping on the coast and internet is a bit spotty but i'll try and have something tomorrow

thank you!
Terry Gibbs chapter 2 . 6/20/2011
Good work Lt. One question, is this sort of a prequel to "Kill 'em all, Let God sort 'em out"? It feels like it because this chapter seems like Gibbs is planning Ziva's rescue and they rescued her in the aforementioned story. Just curious.
TheBreakfastGenie chapter 2 . 5/11/2011
I just wish you would have included Jenny on the list of people he couldn't save. Otherwise, this was a great story.
honeydust9251 chapter 2 . 3/5/2010
I would add Michelle Lee to the lineup.

According to Wikipedia, Gibbs' title is Supervisor in Charge of MCRT. After watching some of the shows, Gibbs seemed to have a lot more influence than that of a senior agent. I clicked onto Wiki which went into some detail and it gave his title as above. Which seemed more appropriate. Although he is a senior agent, the supervisory status would explain his significant sphere of influence. Just sayin'.
alix33 chapter 2 . 2/25/2010
"his mind went back to the one's he couldn't save." - "his mind went back to the ones he couldn't save."
alix33 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
"as a PSO at a research institute." - PSO: Public safety officer, I am guessing?

"The only stuff I've ever written(other then crime reports) was back in high school." - You meant to write: "other than"?

"If you've been here before, I've cleaned up some." - Nah, I have reviewed your fic oeuvre plenty, but never visited your profile page before.

"Goat screw" meaning the same as goat rope, the Marine term Gibb uses, which (as far as I could tell form Googling) means "chaotic situation"?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin" - He really said that?

I had to Google Appleton Estate to even know what it was. I am not an expert of alcoholic beverages by any stretch of the imagination and sparkling wine makes my whole spine AND my whole brain, basically, go all woozy in milliseconds so I pretty much stick to various brands of apple cider, soda (plain Coke to me is a treat that I always try to have at work parties when someone else foots the bill for the snacks and drink, as we hardly ever got it to drink as kids, since a) with a librarian and a journalist for parents, we were kind of too poor to afford it often; and b) to this day my now retired mom thinks it is a cross between the most corrosive acid on God's green earth and toilet bowl cleaner) or strong filter coffee (I can drink a whole plunger pot with four cups of coffee in it without even having a twitch afterwards) whenever there is drinking to be done.

I am sure my baby sis (who asked for on her 21st birthday and got what I think is a pistol of some kind AND vouchers for the instruction at a local shooting range to comply with local firearms licencing legislation pertaining to private citizens) would understand that firearms-related info. I am a) scared witless of firearms; and b) know nothing at all about them except that as a copy editor for a South African Afrikaans daily newspaper I very often have to edit stories for publication about loads of local dirtbags shooting their victims with AK47 attack rifles, of which apparently South Africa has too many unlicenced ones.

Tom Clancy I like loads but I tried and could not get into at all Joe Waumbaugh when I borrowed a couple of books by him from a friend of my parents. Maybe women do not get his writing as easily? Other than that, I am with you on the books generally thing.

"One, his "stick"(team) consisting of himself(sniper), his spotter, and two riflemen who acted as security had spent five days behind Iraqi lines," - So, a sniper does a kind of what I think of as covert type of shooting and from heck of a far away, while the riflemen are far more obvious and close up about the kind of shooting they do? Please correct me if I got that arse backwards.

"They had picked up valuable intel on enemy positions and troop movements." - How do they get their valuable intel in the fastest way possible to whomever might need it, then?

"upon returning to their base camp his stick had been allowed "unrestricted" showers. Meaning they could use as much hot water as they wished." - So then, a restricted shower has no hot water, or how little does it have?

I had to Google "hootch" to know what it meant.

"The beer was courtesy of their CO, Colonel Ryan as a reward for a job well done. While alcohol was forbidden in the Kingdom due to Islamic law, the colonel figured what the Saudi's didn't know wouldn't hurt them." - That early NCIS episode with colonel Ryan in it always makes me sad to watch and makes me wish we had met him WAY before his mind went walkabout on him like that.

"Col. Ryan and the unit's Sergeant Major walked in. "Attention on deck!" hollered L/Cpl Jones. "As you were" said Col. Ryan. The two newcomers advanced further into the room and Gibbs noticed the Sgt. Major holding a bottle of Jack Daniels by the neck. When the two reached the table, Col. Ryan said, "Take a seat Gunny." The Sgt. Major said, "I know this isn't your usual Jeth, but take a slug." He slid the bottle across the table. Gibbs' mind started to race. He automatically grasped the bottle and took a drink. The Jack burned all the way down. Col. Ryan said, "Gunny, I'm sorry to say I'm the bearer of some very bad news…." - AW, damn!
dakota.doc chapter 2 . 2/4/2010
The title caught me, Gibbs strikes me more as a "Desperado", the Eagles song.
USAFChief chapter 2 . 9/12/2009
For a first effort, this is splendid. You've got the parlance down pat - must be some experience poking through there. Nice interweaving of characters from the show. Good dialog and very good introspection by Gibbs.

Good job, LT.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
This chapter - it broke my heart.
M E Wofford chapter 2 . 7/17/2009
This is so Jethro.

So heart rending too.

Good personality peek at our favorite team leader.
DreamerChild88 chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
Great story!
finlaure chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I like this story so far, even if it is sad. I like your style. I don't have email right now but just wanted to tell you that Old is only a state of mind. and I like the way you write so far. it is good to have someone who can write from your pov. I'll write more once I get email back.
finlaure chapter 2 . 7/6/2009
Wow, I want more of this because I can't wait until Sept 22 to find out what they are going to do. I like your style. and I like the song with Gibbs.
Ditte3 chapter 2 . 6/30/2009