Reviews for Leaves of Hope
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 5 . 6/8/2010
Cute! I really liked this fic!
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 3 . 6/8/2010
I can just imagine Legolas teaching Eldarion insults, heehee :D
demeter d chapter 5 . 7/22/2009
So Lettice is "starstruck" in the presence of The Evenstar? Lovely image. I very much enjoyed watching his two brothers watching the party of Big People enter. It ssort of reminded me of Sam seeing the oliphant in Ithilien and remarking that if he told the folks back home about it they would not believe him. Lettice will no doubt treasure the look from Arwen and the sound of her voice saying his name just as much as Gimli treasured Galadriel's gift to him. It sounds as tho Elanot is going to grow up to be as wise and loving as her parents. And you know, as a teen or tween or so, Elanor spent a year as a maid-in-waiting to Arwen. Their would be many opportunities for more pages out of the book of these two children's lifelong friendship. And you know, as much as Gandalf loved the Shire, he could have bestowed such a blessing on the Dragon, as well, before he left for good. Could be!
demeter d chapter 3 . 7/22/2009
"Go kiss an Orc"! Oh, you have done your homework! This is a good description of the gruop gathered together. Of course, the Hobbitess who lovingly cared for Frodo until he left would insist on feeding everyone. You painted a sweet picture of Sam carrying his sleeping son off to bed. And slipping off quietly without being noticed? He is indeed the child of both parents. I enjoyed the banter between the guards and their small prince. When Eldarion grows to be king, I am sure he would be glad to have people around him who were not afraid to tell him things he needed to hear, just like that.
demeter d chapter 2 . 7/22/2009
Yes, I do love your Lettice! He is full of curiosity and energy. I hope that somehow he and the busy little prince find the time to get to know each other better. I like your description of the pillow fight. I see Arwen as a very involved mother. She must have known that even with long Numenorean lifespans to look forward to, her children would grow up much more quickly than elflings would. I am sure that she would not want to miss a single moment.
demeter d chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Greetings, Larki! When I first found your story, I did not have time for a proper review. But I did not want to lose you, so I added you to my alert lists. I very much like the premise of your story. Of course, in the Appendixes, Tolkien wrote that as King, Aragorn proclaimed that the Shire was under the protection of the crown and humans would no longer be allowed in. But another of my favorite writers has him giving the Shire the right to govern themselves under the protection of the North Kingdom, but the council of the family heads in the Shire voted that a total ban on men in the Shire was not necessary. I think it would have been better if they could have continued to have contact with the outside world after the war was over. And that way, many tales can be told about visits from the friends of the Travellers.I agree with your assessment of Eldarion's age. I do not know of anywhere his age is listed, either. (Unless it is somewhere in "The History of Middle Earth", where I have not gone yet. But Aragor and Arwe married on Midsummers Day, and Sam and Rosie wed the next spring,just about nine months later. He could have been a year older than Elanor. Your interaction between Aragorn and his son is very real. Well done!
Legacy-Of-Old chapter 5 . 7/20/2009
Just wanted to say I loved this story! Nice job!
iccle fairy chapter 5 . 7/16/2009
very good! nice comment about the silver hair! :P can't wait for more stories! let me know when theyre up!
iccle fairy chapter 4 . 7/9/2009
heehee great chapter! i do wonder though how long aragorn can take his son running off without having serious heart problems ;p x
Liv Tinuviel chapter 4 . 7/8/2009
aw so cute :D
iccle fairy chapter 3 . 7/4/2009
great chapter! great humour factor! keep it up, I'll be reading!
jg chapter 2 . 7/2/2009
This is a delightful story. Eldarion's last name should be Telcontar. Aragon says in ROTK that Telcontar will be his name and "all the heirs of my body."
iccle fairy chapter 2 . 7/2/2009
very good! highly amusing keep it up!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Really good fun! I enjoyed reading this.

Happy writing!

Hugs,

Sarah x
SuddenSummerStorm chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
EE HE!

I love this story! It is too cute! Especially "Leg'las" EE HEE!

I'm gonna be straight up...I"m usually brutally honest when it comes to reviews, but I gotta say, I can't really think of anyhitng to improve...except for don't leave me hanging!

Eldarion totally reminds me of my husband's nephew. You look away one second and he takes off! And then tries to convince you that there was an old lady wanting to talk to him, even though no one was there. And then gets all puty when you insist no one was there hahahaha. Actually reading back, that sounds kind of creepy. Hm.

Anyway, kudos on hooking this "tough to win over" reader. Just please update soon!